Showers Should Remove Some Stress?

I don't know about you, but a shower certainly help me when I'm stressed out.  If its hot outside a cold shower is nice.  If its cold outside, a hot shower is nice.  Either way, I know I often feel a lot less stressed after taking a shower.  Washes work away, washes grime away.

Just a thought.

For 16 dupes two massage tables with >20-5% are enough to keep stress low. To easy now to come around stress impact.
When you place art around your showers, it lowers stress level. Every place is doing that with enough art, when they rest there a moment.
For me every dupe should have an optimum shower temperature and when water is to cold/hot stress should go up.

There are 3 relevant effects in the game files:

public class FRESH_AND_CLEAN
      {
        public static LocString NAME = (LocString) "Refreshingly Clean";
        public static LocString TOOLTIP = (LocString) "This Duplicant took a warm shower and it was great!";
        public static LocString CAUSE = (LocString) "Obtained by taking a comfortably heated shower";
      }

public class BURNED_BY_SCALDING_WATER
      {
        public static LocString NAME = (LocString) "Scalded";
        public static LocString TOOLTIP = (LocString) "Ouch! This Duplicant showered or was doused in water that was way too hot";
        public static LocString CAUSE = (LocString) "Obtained by exposure to hot water";
      }

public class STRESSED_BY_COLD_WATER
      {
        public static LocString NAME = (LocString) "Numb";
        public static LocString TOOLTIP = (LocString) "Brr! This Duplicant was showered or doused in water that was way too cold";
        public static LocString CAUSE = (LocString) "Obtained by exposure to icy water";
      }

Cold baths and showers are good for healing, but dupes usually do not have this issue XD, But at the moment all that showering does do is remove debuffs which passively helps with stress, but that is about it. I am interested to see how players will manage dealing with hot, cold and juuuust right water.

Archived