9 hours ago, Scorpio King said:

Why can't we deconstruct ruins? Is that a bug or working as intended?

It's been discussed in the closed-testing forums, and something I too would like to see implemented asap. I'm assuming there will be a lot of tweaks/changes to the ruins over future updates, both to their appeal and their usefulness.

Currently they're a nuisance that I have to build around :D 

9 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

It's been discussed in the closed-testing forums, and something I too would like to see implemented asap. I'm assuming there will be a lot of tweaks/changes to the ruins over future updates, both to their appeal and their usefulness.

In my latest new game I saw ruins spawn inside a pool of polluted water, and some of the ruins tiles apparently took pressure damage while the pool resettled. If you're determined, you might be able to cause enough pressure with a pool of regular water to destroy them entirely.

a7d36b551e.jpg

11 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

I think that is part of the random map gen that makes worlds a bit different. Personally, I find it quite neat to have bits of ruins in my base...and I don't really see them as that big of a nuisance.

Random, indestructible buildings are a bit disgruntling in a sandbox game, especially when they can appear in inconvenient places close to the spawn. I don't see why they shouldn't be able to be destroyed, unless the building is necessary for story progression.

I like them being permanent.  Forces the player to adapt, rather than just spamming rigid pre-determined boring base design everywhere.  But, if they did become removeable, I'd want it to be behind a tech gate (improved mining lasers) and I would also want them to yield rare and useful materials that the player could use for special tech.  materials that are impossible or very difficult/expensive to create otherwise.

I think a better way to go would be the  'deconstructing them for "exotic materials" route'.  Have them as some sort of relic mineral, ore, or material you could use for decor purposes. But yes, deconstructable but only after you've unlocked the door?

I've been coming up on these in my latest game any there's no fog of war with them, I just tunnel in - I'm wondering if that's normal.

17 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

I've been coming up on these in my latest game any there's no fog of war with them, I just tunnel in - I'm wondering if that's normal.

That's normal.  The doors aren't actually meant to keep you out.  They're just part of the scenery.

38 minutes ago, brummbar7 said:

That's normal.  The doors aren't actually meant to keep you out.  They're just part of the scenery.

I couldn't get through the fog until I opened the sample security door - but that was on release day, I have since started a new game or two and haven't had that impenetrable fog issue since. Glad that' it's back to normal.

Archived