Auto water remover?

As I have played thousands of days in game, the auto-adjust of things has been established, as the food balance, temperature balance, gas pressure balance and so on. 

What my GOAL is find an auto-loop system without any manual operation. The only thing hard for me is the waste disposal. 

The polluted water can be consumed by the nature gas generator ( I don't let my duplicants take shower so there isn't much polluted water)
The extra carbon dioxide can be stored by the gas exploit bug. 

But I haven't find a way to deal with the extra water which I brought from geyser. Currently I can only mop them up every few hundreds of days, but this annoys me.

Is there any suggestions?

16 minutes ago, Risu said:

Find a void tile and hope to God they never turn on the void tile's true purpose.

Where can I find a void tile? I switch to the tinker mode and find no void tile in the whole map

8 minutes ago, firshpear said:

Where can I find a void tile? I switch to the tinker mode and find no void tile in the whole map

They appear when the world gen fails so they are rare if they are even there.

27 minutes ago, Kasuha said:

Best way to deal with extra water from geyser is to not draw it. Let the geyser flood itself and only draw as much as you need.

Another option is irrigating your sleet wheat or bristle berries.

Nice advice, I think I need to redesign my geyser cooling system ( I used to cool the water in place so geyser just pumps freely

6 hours ago, firshpear said:

Nice advice, I think I need to redesign my geyser cooling system ( I used to cool the water in place so geyser just pumps freely

Or better yet, don't cool it :p

If you pump the hot water directly to the things that consume it in abyssalite pipes, then you destroy the heat from it.

1 hour ago, rezecib said:

If you pump the hot water directly to the things that consume it in abyssalite pipes, then you destroy the heat from it.

Is this true? So I can pump 90C water to sleet wheet -25C hydro farm tile?

Depends on what you feed it to, but in most cases yes.

In general, fluids stored in buildings are essentially "out of the game", not in contact with anything. This leads to weird situations where you can have dupes take a shower in 99C water, sleet wheat can be irrigated with 99C water and so on.

You shouldn't water sleets though - not because watering is wrong, but because hydroponic farms also create fertilization jobs, which are a waste of time and cold air in case of sleets.

43 minutes ago, Coolthulhu said:

You shouldn't water sleets though - not because watering is wrong, but because hydroponic farms also create fertilization jobs, which are a waste of time and cold air in case of sleets.

Simple option is to water them but lock them in after being planted so no fertilizer can arrive, but still good yield from irrigation and temperature.

13 hours ago, rezecib said:

Well, however, the main problem is that those water are for the indoor oxygen generation, so I must maintain a comfort temperature zone. The water is not pumped directly as well, I stored a large amount of water in my "main water pool", which is a buffer for water balance.

indoor oxygen generation,

This also destroys the heat in the water. Electrolyzers always output their gas at 70C.

stored a large amount of water in my "main water pool", which is a buffer for water balance

There's not much point in doing this. Just make your Steam geyser enclosure go down a bit-- I like to have an extra 3x3 slot under the geyser to hold water, and I put the pump there. This also prevents the steam from overheating the pump. That 3x3 can hold 9000 kg of water on its own. Geysers produce 4 kg/s, and it's pretty hard to use all of that unless you're doing natural gas complexes with multiple scrubbers running full-time.

7 hours ago, firshpear said:

Well, however, the main problem is that those water are for the indoor oxygen generation, so I must maintain a comfort temperature zone. The water is not pumped directly as well, I stored a large amount of water in my "main water pool", which is a buffer for water balance.

It's totally fine to store very hot water in large amounts...if you store it far enough from your main base and with enough insulation around it.  Cooling water so that you can store it in your base means that using that cool water for most purposes is now a waste of previous effort, that's just the way it is.

Just now, Trego said:

It's totally fine to store very hot water in large amounts...if you store it far enough from your main base and with enough insulation around it. There's not too much point in it but it seems like most ppl just like looking at big water tanks. Cooling water so that you can store it in your base means that using that cool water for most purposes is now a waste of previous effort, that's the real problem here.

Archived