Natural Gas Generator broken :(

With the latest update the natural gas generator wont hold any gas in device, and therefore turn on and off as gas is pumped into it.

FIX!!!!!

Also please allow players to opt out of game breaking patches until you can verify they don't break things that work just fine before.

Thanks!

33 minutes ago, Beercules said:

With the latest update the natural gas generator wont hold any gas in device, and therefore turn on and off as gas is pumped into it.

Also please allow players to opt out of game breaking patches until you can verify they don't break things that work just fine before.

Thanks!

1. Don't be so abrasive.

2. Post a pic of your setup.

3. Fewer exclamation marks.

4. Breathe.

5. Await help.

:D 

Do you run a similar setup like before the patch, with 4-7 NGGs on it? That no longer works as they cut down on geyser output.

Also possible is that your pumping the gas around over large distances. This can create issues where 2 pumps at 2 different geysers work against eachother. This is what happened to me and I had to change my gaspipe architecture.

Finally, something could have simply bugged out. Best way to solve is to deconstruct the generators and rebuild them. As said, post a picture so we can see what happened.

First image show I have more than enough gas with 18kg + full pipes.

second image shows that the gas generator isn't filling up its reserve. FIX!

I stand behind my previous statement, if Klei wanted our input they wouldn't have excluded us from the last round of bug fixes. They get the attitude they earned and no more. Additional Klei's quality control is horrible and they need to improve considerable if they want more respect for their customers!

This was working just fine prior to patch.  I can provide all 182 saves if you want.

MOREKLEICRAP.png

MOREKLEICRAP2.jpg

Providing proper bug report and relevant information has always higher chance for success than writing in capital letters or playing with font sizes.

Generators certainly can fill and use their reserve. This image is from my base started about ten days ago:

gcCoEcG.jpg

So there's something wrong with particularly your generators. The NG pressure you have there is pretty high, so I would assume the base was started before that was patched? Besides missing the storage gauge, I'm also missing their polluted water spilling animation. They don't look like they're blocked or starved of gas, so I would probably try to deconstruct them and construct them again. If that doesn't help, I would suggest to make proper bug report in the bug tracker and provide your save file for the devs to look at it.

I don't understand how the second image shows that they're not filling up their reserve. I can't see how much is in the reserve, because you haven't clicked on the generator and opened up the screen that shows what's in the reserve.

One thing that came on my mind, maybe they're affected by the high pressure in which they're sitting. Generators used to consume ambient oxygen in closed testing, this feature was dropped before release because it was causing crashes. Maybe there's still some code around that and it affects the function. If rebuilding doesn't help, perhaps try to build them in place with lower gas pressure? I may try that in debug mode when I get to my PC.

4 hours ago, Trego said:

I don't understand how the second image shows that they're not filling up their reserve. I can't see how much is in the reserve, because you haven't clicked on the generator and opened up the screen that shows what's in the reserve.

There is a bar on the devices which show how much is in the reserve tank.

Kasuha I noticed that there was damage to the one on the right, do you think the update might make the generator think there is still a foreign element in it and that's why it isn't pumping? Just a case of a bad time to pause and update might have caused it? Mine are working fine before and after the patch but my entire room is only NG so there is no risk of a foreign element mixing in and bugging it.

7 hours ago, Beercules said:

First image show I have more than enough gas with 18kg + full pipes.

second image shows that the gas generator isn't filling up its reserve. FIX!

I stand behind my previous statement, if Klei wanted our input they wouldn't have excluded us from the last round of bug fixes. They get the attitude they earned and no more. Additional Klei's quality control is horrible and they need to improve considerable if they want more respect for their customers!

This was working just fine prior to patch.  I can provide all 182 saves if you want.

MOREKLEICRAP.png

MOREKLEICRAP2.jpg

These pics don't really show much to be honest. If your gen was damaged from "wrong element" then I can only assume that you had the filter connected incorrectly for a period, and somehow got something other than natural gas in your piping. A picture showing each generators internal reserves would be handy, however I fear a wiring picture would be more helpful here....

I'm guessing, but I think you may have connected your NGG's directly to a transformer that lacks a battery on the main line - that will essentially mean you've capped your NGG's at 1000w, so they would work intermittently, leading to the gaps in your gas pipes... Again, only a guess as you need to provide some better screenshots.

1 hour ago, Lifegrow said:

These pics don't really show much to be honest. If your gen was damaged from "wrong element" then I can only assume that you had the filter connected incorrectly for a period, and somehow got something other than natural gas in your piping. A picture showing each generators internal reserves would be handy, however I fear a wiring picture would be more helpful here....

I'm guessing, but I think you may have connected your NGG's directly to a transformer that lacks a battery on the main line - that will essentially mean you've capped your NGG's at 1000w, so they would work intermittently, leading to the gaps in your gas pipes... Again, only a guess as you need to provide some better screenshots.

Like me rephrase what you just said, I cant see anything wrong so therefore it must be the player. What a joke of a community :D

How does power have anything to do with the generator not holding any gas does no one notice the green bar is missing from these generators, also I removed the generator and rebuilt them with the same effect. Last I checked if any item receives the wrong input it damages them not blocks the reserve on the object from being filled. This is the issue, the generator wont fill its reserve.

The gas generators worked just fine prior to the latest patch, the problem is Klei doesn't give two ****s about its players or quality control.

18 minutes ago, Beercules said:

Like me rephrase what you just said, I cant see anything wrong so therefore it must be the player. What a joke of a community :D

How does power have anything to do with the generator not holding any gas does no one notice the green bar is missing from these generators, also I removed the generator and rebuilt them with the same effect. Last I checked if any item receives the wrong input it damages them not blocks the reserve on the object from being filled. This is the issue, the generator wont fill its reserve.

The gas generators worked just fine prior to the latest patch, the problem is Klei doesn't give two ****s about its players or quality control.

You couldn't be more wrong - i'm here to try and help you, which is why i'm asking for some more pictures so I can make an informed comment on your setup. You need to ease up on being so defensive, people are trying to help...

Power has an awful lot to do with how generators work, as the green bar that you keep referring to is NOTHING to do with internal storage.

full.png

Here's a pump, connected to a pipe that is full of natural gas, but has no wiring or CO2 output connected. Notice that the bar is not full? 

notfull.png

It's because the pump is idle and cannot function.

Why would it accept gas if it can't do anything with it :p 

So again, if you actually want help with your issue, please provide some better screenshots. If you just want to ***** and moan about "how appalling Klei are at making games", might I suggest you e-mail them?

25 minutes ago, Beercules said:

I fail to see where he said it must be the player. My generators are working fine, Above is an example of what could be wrong. You might have deleted a wire somewhere down the line.

How about you drop the rudeness, people are trying to help. You can report it as a bug as well. My generators are working fine, and so are other peoples, so if you are 1 in 10,000 then I am sorry but how are they meant to test for that? Everyone here has a different PC set up so they cannot test for every little thing. 

13 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

And just in the interest of completion....

Added a CO2 vent - still doesn't work.

notfull2.png

Added a battery - works.

notfull3.png

Oh I can post pictures tool. Any picture of the NG prior to the latest patch shows a reserve bar. AN NO THIS IS NOT A PROGRESS BAR!

Additional the Battery Threshold wasn't there in the original release, someone added this and broke the generator. Put your generator under heavy power load and see how it reacts, it turns on and off until your batteries are dead, even though you have more than enough gas to the generator!

Also if you looked carefully at the original picture, there is a battery on the main branch, but your too super awesome cool to see that eh?

battery.JPG

Natural gas generator.JPG

1 minute ago, BlueLance said:

Ok so in the electrical picture it seems like your battery is fully charged. so are your pumps now working? 

NO the electric grid isn't under heavy load. The generators aren't functioning properly since the latest update, are you guys slow are just that stupid?

Wow, just wow :D Well, your battery is at pretty much full capacity - I was super cool awesome winz0rz enough to spot that, so that could be why your generators are intermittent. The green bar still functions, just not as you think it does. If your battery is full then your generators have no reason to work.... 

boom.png

Taken just now from my active stream colony. Your setup is broken, and will remain broken until you fix it.

Anyway, I'm done trying to help you sir. Might I suggest you join a community that is more tolerant towards your salty levels of being a brat :p

The pumps will work until the battery is full, if you click on it the pump will most likely say "Batteries Sufficiently Full" if they say that then of course they will not pump. Then your little transformer will drain the battery, to feed the rest of your grid, if your grid is not consuming any of the power in that battery then the battery will not empty and the pumps will not pump to product energy... Click on the pump and put it to 100% if you want them to constantly pump and waste your gas

14 hours ago, turbonl64 said:

Do you run a similar setup like before the patch, with 4-7 NGGs on it? That no longer works as they cut down on geyser output.

No they havent, its still 4 phases, idle-60g/s-long121.6 g/s and a 300 g/s peak. 4-7 NGG per geyser never made sense because geysers on average have always emitted ~120g/s on average, each NGG consume 60g/s when at full efficiency. 

25 minutes ago, Beercules said:

Also if you looked carefully at the original picture, there is a battery on the main branch, but your too super awesome cool to see that eh?

battery.JPG

The pumps will work until the battery is full, if you click on it the pump will most likely say "Batteries Sufficiently Full" if they say that then of course they will not pump. Then your little transformer will drain the battery, to feed the rest of your grid, if your grid is not consuming any of the power in that battery then the battery will not empty and the pumps will not pump to product energy... Click on the pump and put it to 100% if you want them to constantly pump and waste your gas

Also it would be nice if you sent a picture of the electrical grid on the broken one, This one is lacking the transformer and wires at the top right, Because in this picture everything looks to be working fine.

Haha ...sorry.

I understand you come from a place of frustration and disappointment but Im also surprised people bothered to continue replying despite your attitude.

Requesting to opt out from newest patches sounds fair though.

PickPay You do not have to install the most recent patch, just load the .exe and it plays the game as always without having to update, but the downside is you will miss out on fixes etc and will never know if its a broken patch until you play it, plus its not like every patch can have negative effects. its an early access. JUMP DEEP INTO THE RABBIT HOLE!!! 

Please keep the posts on topic, constructive and polite. There is no reason to argue. If you cannot reply without being on topic, constructive and polite, please do not reply. If you think you have found a bug, please post it on our Bug Tracker - this helps our team keep reported issues trackable and in one location. 

Thanks. 

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/guidelines/

Archived