I dont have more source for my energy generator

I don't see any way you could have consumed all the coal in the map by cycle 42, but I imagine that a great deal of the coal you burned went to waste unless there is a large amount of batteries off screen.  Regardless, the best way to sustain a colony that is using coal power is to herd hatches into a paddock, and either feed them by loading and dumping storage bins or utilizing their synergy with pufts and morbs.

So you are really in trouble. It's hard to feed six coal generators. Cut down your consumption, use wheels and rush for natural gas geyser and generators. It's zero maintenance unlimited power.

Burning Hydrogen works really well, If you create a big enough room to store it you can usually get several cycles worth of electricity coming out of it, if you have 4 Electrolyzers and two seperate pits you can alternate which one to burn, Works wonders with a battery farm and a set of hamster wheels.

Here's some tips :

- Feed Hatch with pollutated dirt.

- One or Two coal generator are sufficient for an early base. Complete your energy generation with the wheels.

- Don't use fridges they're useless and use a lot of energy. Simply place your food in a Ration Box place in a CO2 room, it wil sterilize your food.

- Find as soon as possible the Natural Gaz Geysers as well you will have infinite electricity.

21 hours ago, sickofthis said:

So right now im out of coal, I dont know from where I can get it, all the zones that have coal I mined them, how I could create more energy?

Hatch droppings are your best friend, when I start a map, I turn off combat immediately. When a hatch is uncovered it will attack the dupe but after a moment it will forgive the dupe and go along eating anything you give it and poop out coal. From my numbers two or more hatch eating continuously can provide enough coal for two or three generators 24/7. I'm lucky I have over 5 hatch in my base and have positive coal creation even with four coal generators. On Cycle 100 and haven't had to deal with any other power source. 

The problem with continuous coal power generation will be carbon dioxide build up, but you can use this to cool down your entire base, if you know what your doing. 

5 hours ago, Beercules said:

Hatch droppings are your best friend, when I start a map, I turn off combat immediately. When a hatch is uncovered it will attack the dupe but after a moment it will forgive the dupe and go along eating anything you give it and poop out coal. From my numbers two or more hatch eating continuously can provide enough coal for two or three generators 24/7. I'm lucky I have over 5 hatch in my base and have positive coal creation even with four coal generators. On Cycle 100 and haven't had to deal with any other power source. 

The problem with continuous coal power generation will be carbon dioxide build up, but you can use this to cool down your entire base, if you know what your doing. 

One hatch with a lot of food was unable to supply my single generator :( One hatch produce 250kg of coal. Generator need 1kg per second. How you can feed 4 generators in nonstop mode with only 5 hatches and without mining additional coal?

They're only burying in natural tiles, so  you can make them a path from purely built tiles except the one you want them to end up onto.

That one you can dig up then to move them down on exactly that column, or wall them in there (they can only jump up 2 tiles and are unable to use ladders, so it's no problem to remove the one natural tile they buried in at the end).

its not just natural they have to be a soft material they wont burrow themselves in metals and dense stone but things like clay slim dirt and other porous materials will work. if your lucky and have sand above where you want to make a hatch pen you can drop that sand later to give them a bed to lay down on.. Their pathing is simple and can jump across 1 tile gap or up 2 . so if your having a hard time getting your hatch to a spot you like make them a path and leave it available for them place materials along the path for them to eat s it will attract the Ai more than just a place to sleep( they will happily wander your base eating the clay from your air fresheners if they have the option) for best feeding of hatches use sweep boxes marked with materials you don't want or need and dump the boxes regularly.

you can keep them awake constantly increasing their consumption and production by providing no place for them to burrow or give it back by giving them someplace soft to  rest.

and a tip on finding them before you dig. 1 you can hear them even in the black. 2 you can see their tool tip when your passing over the natural tiles, they take up 2 spaces the tile they rest on and the tile their shell rests in so you can pan with your mouse over tiles just looking for the hatch tool tip to pop up   

Archived