Temp resetting in pipes

I got in a discussion with a streamer about temp still resetting in gas and liquid pipes. 

So I made smal video showing that it still happens, as long as the gas not standing still.

it is 10 min video of water cooling down with out heating the water in the pipe. This is not done in debug mode. and enclose is made of abyssalite. pipes in the enclose are is wolframite. outer pipes are made of abyssalite.

and I will put the save file to if you want to check it out in action. 

Ultra Rat's Nest.sav

3 hours ago, NanoD said:

I got in a discussion with a streamer about temp still resetting in gas and liquid pipes. 

So I made smal video showing that it still happens, as long as the gas not standing still.

it is 10 min video of water cooling down with out heating the water in the pipe. This is not done in debug mode. and enclose is made of abyssalite. pipes in the enclose are is wolframite. outer pipes are made of abyssalite.

and I will put the save file to if you want to check it out in action. 

Ultra Rat's Nest.sav

Nanomages - the "streamer" was me, and you're more than welcome to refer to me by name :)

You were actually arguing quite obnoxiously with me about temperature change within gas pipes - namely a pipe saturated with 1kg packets of hydrogen. I demonstrated in debug that temperature does indeed change within pipes now, depending on how much "heat" is "leached" from the pipes as they pass behind machines/gasses/liquids/etc. 

I did not discuss liquid temperature change, as liquid packets are much, much denser as regards temperature change - i.e. it takes a lot more energy to warm water than it does gas, which is why in the current build, liquid cooling is the better and more stable approach to excellent crops. Even changing the packet size to 1kg as you have - as i'm sure you must've noticed from your own playthroughs - 1kg of water can cool far more than 1kg of air. I fear you're comparing the cooling properties of a thimble of ice to a bucket of hot water.

Kindly re-make your video showing what we were discussing, i.e. gas temperature change, or I can happily link my stream here if you'd rather :) 

I fear, having noticed the streamers that you frequent that you may be looking for a battle where there indeed was none, however feel free to contact me directly if you'd like to discuss this in detail :p 

Much love,

-Life

*Edited as per CantBreathe's post.

44 minutes ago, Lifegrow said:

Nanomages - the "streamer" was me, and you're more than welcome to refer to me by name :)

You were actually arguing quite obnoxiously with me about temperature change within gas pipes

I fear, having noticed the streamers that you frequent that you may be looking for a battle where there indeed was none, however feel free to contact me directly if you'd like to discuss this nonsense in detail :p 

Much love,

-Life

P.s. In the interest of clarity, liquid also does indeed change temps if you expose it for long enough. xoxo

LG that was passive aggressive and a little petty. Its fine if he's wrong (or right) and should be open to discussion without personal insult.

55 minutes ago, CantBreathe said:

LG that was passive aggressive and a little petty. Its fine if he's wrong (or right) and should be open to discussion without personal insult.

I disagree, unfortunately this is a continuation of his poor attitude displayed on my stream.

I took the time out of my play through to actually load into debug mode and actively demonstrate the change in temperature. I don't think I insulted, nor intended to. I was literal and blunt. I even offered yet further explanation and a detailed response. 

I think you may have mis-read or inferred a tone where there was none.

*Edited as requested

-Life

Well if you see I have only 1 kilo in water and you can clearly see that the water in the pipe is changing temp every stepp. and was easier to set it upp for me. if you stop the water in pipe you will se that the water temp in pipe will rise fast. and with this set up it didnt rise for 4 cycles.

And it works about the same for gas. 

I am sorry that I sounded obnoxious on the stream, did go to far with it.

I could do same set up with gas to, but with out debug mode just would take me to much time. But maybe I will do that.

So I went and did it. So here what I did try to say. If the gas or liquid stops moving in the pipe it will heat up. if you build liquid pipes the liquid in the pipes will stop moving same with gas. So if you stop the gas moving it will heat up. This is only 2 cycles. I show it with 1kg gas, 200 grams, 100 gram of gas and even with 6.5 grams and as long as the gas is moving it will not heat up. But you can how much it fluctuate at 6.5 grams hitting almost -100 C and then reseting back to 172.  

I show how the gas will heat up in the pipe if you build gas pipes. and then I destroy a pipe for a few sec to completely stop the gas and see how fast the temp rises.

There definitely still is something fishy about heat in pipes. I filled my Bristle Berry farm cooling system with hydrogen at -70 C by mistake, but since the farm was only at about -5 C at the moment I left it as is, thinking it will warm up over time. Cycles passed, and suddenly I found the farm at -30 and the hydrogen was still at -70 C.

I have to concede here - something has definitely been rolled back :confused:

My examples of the gas temps changing were built from the initially released Agricultural Upgrade - and hadn't been touched since, so it's reverted back in one of the recent hotfixes since.

Apologies Nano, I was unaware they'd "un-fixed" it - my mistake :?  

I actually spent about 2 hours last night building a number of rooms for water pipes to pass through to demonstrate the temperature change - but when it got to 2000degree magma having no effect - i figured something had changed -.-

Here's where the plot thickens... The liquid can actually heat up in 3-4 different steps during it's travel through the tile. I.e. enters at 20degrees, rises to 23, 27, 31, 35 - all within the same "tile of pipe" - then as soon as it hits the next tile of pipe it snaps back - however if you pump that water back out - it will retain it's temperature. In the process of recording it to explain better - might have to bear with me, I literally just woke up :D 

For those interested - here's a little video by a baffled bearded man...

Any ideas?

As an update - I realized after uploading that the pipes leaving the loop towards the filter/vent in the dumping room are not insulated, and they had risen by a couple of degrees. Not a big deal, but the end result water would have been a little warmer that's all.

1 hour ago, Lifegrow said:

I have to concede here - something has definitely been rolled back :confused:

My examples of the gas temps changing were built from the initially released Agricultural Upgrade - and hadn't been touched since, so it's reverted back in one of the recent hotfixes since.

Apologies Nano, I was unaware they'd "un-fixed" it - my mistake :?  

I actually spent about 2 hours last night building a number of rooms for water pipes to pass through to demonstrate the temperature change - but when it got to 2000degree magma having no effect - i figured something had changed -.-

Here's where the plot thickens... The liquid can actually heat up in 3-4 different steps during it's travel through the tile. I.e. enters at 20degrees, rises to 23, 27, 31, 35 - all within the same "tile of pipe" - then as soon as it hits the next tile of pipe it snaps back - however if you pump that water back out - it will retain it's temperature. In the process of recording it to explain better - might have to bear with me, I literally just woke up :D 

I can support this because in the first version of the update, i experienced the same changes. I went back now and checked and it does appear to be reverted.

When liquid in the magma when you cut the pipe it will heat up the liquid in the pipe. So if you want to cut the pipe or add a pip, you want to have the liquid in abyssalite part of the pipe. you dont even have to add a pip to the loop. when you put down a pip or remove it will get some heat from surrounding. 

Lifegrow I accept your apology. We both is passionate about this game.

Archived