What you do with too much gasses in base?

Need tips, what u do with gasses in base and suroundings. Now i making o2 and h with electolysers, using gas power and coal power. That also produces a lot of co2. Also found a lot po2 and preassure near all places now is 2kg per square. Gas pumps stop working, gas generators dont work as preassure to high.

Started to build and try to freeze co2, but what the general idea to deal with too much preassure?

Use air scrubbers to get rid of CO2, pumps and gas generators to get rid of natural gas, pumps and hydrogen generators to get rid of hydrogen and air deodorizers and airlocks to get rid of polluted oxygen and to not let too much of it into your base. Regarding oxygen, just limit your production to keep certain pressure in the base, don't let it go that high. Dupes will breathe it out eventually.

1 hour ago, TerTerro said:

Need tips, what u do with gasses in base and suroundings. Now i making o2 and h with electolysers, using gas power and coal power. That also produces a lot of co2. Also found a lot po2 and preassure near all places now is 2kg per square. Gas pumps stop working, gas generators dont work as preassure to high.

Started to build and try to freeze co2, but what the general idea to deal with too much preassure?

The only gas that you can't get rid off right now is chlorine.

Air Scrubber for CO2.

Hydrogen Generator for Hydrogen.

Natural Gas Generator for Natural Gas.

Dupes for O2 (& Polluted O2).

Puff for Polluted O2.

For you Natural Gas Generator, build a vent CO2 room with air scrubber inside it.  This is the easiest way to make sure your NG generator keep pumping.

Sometimes Polluted O2 can be pretty crazy with its pressure (40kg +), just spread it around or use puff to clear it out over time.

I just had this problem and it was because i kept opening biomes with polluted oxygen

So i solved it by turning off my electrolyzers for awhile and letting my dupes breathe polluted oxygen (I know... It sucks)

BUT it reduced the pressure of all the gas on the map like AMAZINGLY so

So two options

1. Live with it

2. Live with green screen gas spam for until it's fixed

On 5/20/2017 at 7:17 AM, TerTerro said:

A few pumps throughout your base all leading to a series of filters outside of your base is a pretty simple way to circulate your gasses a bit.

Filter 1 filters out oxygen, and puts it back in your base (or that deadly mineshaft you're currently building for example :D)

Filter 2 takes CO2 and pumps it to a food storage area or growing area, or to a void, or to air scrubbers, etc etc

Filter 3 takes chlorine and uses it for plants, morbs, etc

Filter 4 takes natural gas - them pesky farting dupes - and sends it to your Natural Gas Gen feed.

With power not really being an issue any more - don't be afraid to over engineer problems to save yourself headaches later. A line of filters consecutively filtering the non-filtered (green) output is a simple way of routing all your gasses.

2 hours ago, Lifegrow said:

A few pumps throughout your base all leading to a series of filters outside of your base is a pretty simple way to circulate your gasses a bit.

Except it stop's working entirely when one of the outputs is backed up - hydrogen to generator being my culprit. :-/

I was thinking of setting such filter farm with the overpressured storage, but that's just abusing the mechanic :)

Hmm, maybe having dedicated filters on things that rarely have something else (hydrogen pump at top, CO2 at bottom,...) and dump the "refuse" in a vent that feeds a pump that leads to such filter setup. That should decrease the filter load. With clear oxygen at the end and feeding it to base.

3 hours ago, Vilda said:

Except it stop's working entirely when one of the outputs is backed up - hydrogen to generator being my culprit. :-/

I was thinking of setting such filter farm with the overpressured storage, but that's just abusing the mechanic :)

Hmm, maybe having dedicated filters on things that rarely have something else (hydrogen pump at top, CO2 at bottom,...) and dump the "refuse" in a vent that feeds a pump that leads to such filter setup. That should decrease the filter load. With clear oxygen at the end and feeding it to base.

That's why you add more Hydrogen Generators. You are generating more Hydrogen than you can burn.

From what I can tell he is using some of the famous you-tubers bubbler system... an electolizser is enough to sustain 8 dupes in a open environment, dont (if not pro) try to enclose it in a tight space or try to contain the gases, you will just make it harder on yourself if you dont totally understand (not how physics work but) how the game works, Use one electrolizer for 8 dupes and set one gas pump and filter (top of base) leading the hydrogen to your generator, It will save you some headaches and make your colony more the viable....

53 minutes ago, Xuhybrid said:

That's why you add more Hydrogen Generators. You are generating more Hydrogen than you can burn.

Not really the only case, you can simply have a backlog or open a cavern. And the most common one - the pump works faster than the generator consumes it, so it will fill the pipe with hydrogen if it is available. And the shorter the distance from filter the faster it backs up.

8 minutes ago, Last Templar said:

...make your colony more the viable....

And hotter, because the hydrogen is spawned at circa 75 degrees C. It dissipates quickly to air but it builds up.

I stay firm on my position do not try to enclose Electrolyzers in a closed room if you dont know how the game works, it will lead to disaster or annihilation of your colony! although I am not sure if that it is the point of this thread! ( if its not pls forgive me).

49 minutes ago, Vilda said:

Not really the only case, you can simply have a backlog or open a cavern. And the most common one - the pump works faster than the generator consumes it, so it will fill the pipe with hydrogen if it is available. And the shorter the distance from filter the faster it backs up.

And hotter, because the hydrogen is spawned at circa 75 degrees C. It dissipates quickly to air but it builds up.

The only place that you should be getting Hydrogen from is your Electrolysis so your other examples are irrelevant and like i suggested, if you have more consumers for the Hydrogen, there will never be a build up, ever.

OK i started a new game and now limiting oxygen production and building air scrubbers now. If i get the base stable, i will try hydrogen bubbler to purify po2 later. Now try not to open pockets with po2, were pressure is very high like 5-8kg. 

9 hours ago, Xuhybrid said:

The only place that you should be getting Hydrogen from is your Electrolysis so your other examples are irrelevant and like i suggested, if you have more consumers for the Hydrogen, there will never be a build up, ever.

So you burn it all in multiple generators and waste it on full batteries? I'd rather have a stable energy source, thank you very much.

1 hour ago, Vilda said:

So you burn it all in multiple generators and waste it on full batteries? I'd rather have a stable energy source, thank you very much.

You have energy problems? Yet you're sat here complaining that you have Hydrogen stopping your gas pumps and in turn your o2 from pumping. Which one is it? Oh that's right, you're just here to pick a fight without understanding what you're talking about.

26 minutes ago, Xuhybrid said:

Oh that's right, you're just here to pick a fight without understanding what you're talking about.

Yeah sure, that's exactly what I do.

26 minutes ago, Xuhybrid said:

You have energy problems? Yet you're sat here complaining that you have Hydrogen stopping your gas pumps and in turn your o2 from pumping.

I never said that. I stated, that a filter group with one output blocked stops working. That's a fact. Then offered hydrogen as a concrete example.

If you want to discuss hydrogen concretely, you will either have a backup and a stable energy, or generator shutting down. There is no stable between. Because:

• Pumps are not always working at full capacity (simulation slowdown and micro vacuums)
  • Electrolyser does not work all the time because Max pressure
  • Electrolyser puts 120g/s, Generator consumes 100g/s
  • Gas travel time. Pipe crossroads.

If you think, that 5 electrolysers can feed 6 generators to work nonstop, I encourage you to build it and prove me wrong.

17 hours ago, Vilda said:

You were disproving someone else's suggestion to which i offered the solution. One you refuse to accept apparently. Oh are we talking about power generation now and not circulating gases? Forgive me for not thinking POWER was the issue.

Edit: btw 2 is plenty

5 hours ago, Vilda said:

I don't consider hydrogen a stable energy source. It's a pesky gas that we need to get rid of.

For my power needs, I have a battery of eight natural gas generators running full time off some geysers and fertilizer makers.

In current state of the game I wouldn't mind if hydrogen generator used power to burn the hydrogen. Actually, there could be a device that would eat hydrogen and carbon dioxide and power and produce hydrocarbon mass that could be used for making food, that even has some scientific backing.

Archived