Base catching fire

Playing on one of the DST Klei Official servers. Day 7 we complete our base. As soon as i fuel my campfire i noticed that , without wearing anything, i was overheating next to it. felt wierd but whatever.

Each of us (4 players) move away from the base hunting for resources , as soon as we come back the whole base is burned down. Somebody starts a roleback, "Yes" wins. We start the day again , this time i stay close just to be sure nobody came to burn everything down. 

As soon as i leave to go help one of the player fighting against spiders the base catches fire again.

Is this a bug, or am i supposed to put stuff VERY far away from the campfire? Everything was at least 1 tile away from it, never happened to me honestly

41 minutes ago, Onetel21 said:

Is this a bug, or am i supposed to put stuff VERY far away from the campfire? Everything was at least 1 tile away from it, never happened to me honestly

The one with stone should not put fire around it. The one with only wood and grass could put others things in fire if they are too close or if it is too strong (probably this, if you were overheating ?)

Oh...the KLEI servers. At first I was thinking "Oh, they used an ordinary campfire and built it up too high, etc..." but then I saw that other part.

Yeah the official Klei servers have NO moderators. This means that griefers and vote-kickers can do whatever they want. _Not_ recommended.

...Notorious

As previous posters noted, most likely (even more so on the Klei official servers) it was a troll fire starter. Happened to me so many times I don't even count them anymore. Just remember some particularly nasty cases: like when a fire started from the back of my penned grass tufts, we rolled back, and fire started again; after another roll back I've gone to sit in the back of said pen, now fire started from front; roll again, now I was circling the pen, fire started from crock pots spot - at that moment I just left server, no point in prolonging the madness. 'Lovely' people - the trolls/griefers - going deep into their 'lolvely' fetishes.

You sure love to get your base burne if you still play on official servers, a well known griefers heaven. If you like to play on survival mode, meaning if all die the server resets after a while (was it 160 seconds?), then adjust your filters at Game Mode set to Survivial and join one of the community based dedicated servers where griefers are dealth with in a matter of time.

2 hours ago, cezarica said:

You sure love to get your base burne if you still play on official servers, a well known griefers heaven. If you like to play on survival mode, meaning if all die the server resets after a while (was it 160 seconds?), then adjust your filters at Game Mode set to Survivial and join one of the community based dedicated servers where griefers are dealth with in a matter of time.

Sadly those servers often have no mods online , which means griefer can go there too. I tested it today on a 16 slot server. Thanksfully the rollback feature allowed us to spot the griefer and kick him ^^ no ban sadly, which is a shame

Find a server that if doesn't have an admin online from time to time or any means to prompt the moderator team, at least has a group where you could report any incidents with screenshots preferably. If I'm not mistaken someone that is kicked twice is also banned for a certain amount of time, but sadly I don't recall exactly where i read this info exactly. I could be wrong. :S

Archived