Just wondering if anyone suggested this or thought about having them in the game.

Just some suggestions

It would be great to have a stockpile designation such that dupes can stack items or place them there , not to sure how it is going to work but right now being unable to move some solid materials that have frozen such as solid carbon dioxide , oxygen , chlorine and many more kinda bugs me (especially the abysallite).

I also wonder if we could mix chlorine with water , dupes that would have toothache , just making it more realistic as possible even though IT IS A GAME.

PS Also i would like to be able to play with liquid hydrogen and be able to do something with them luls just for the science and fun  ;P

52 minutes ago, chestnutcute said:

It would be great to have a stockpile designation such that dupes can stack items or place them there

This is called 'Storage Compactor' and in the game.

now being unable to move some solid materials that have frozen such as solid carbon dioxide , oxygen , chlorine and many more kinda bugs me (especially the abysallite).

This is rumored to be addressed by an upcoming update.

4 minutes ago, Masterpintsman said:

I meant something like a stockpile on the floor such that the items itself can interact with the surrounding liquid/air.

Just plain placing it on the floor.

3 minutes ago, Masterpintsman said:

This is rumored to be addressed by an upcoming update.

That would be great then =)

15 minutes ago, chestnutcute said:

I meant something like a stockpile on the floor such that the items itself can interact with the surrounding liquid/air.

Well if you mean like in the case of slime; If you store slime in a storage compactor it will produce contaminated oxygen even though it's in the compactor.

14 minutes ago, GamingBud said:

Well if you mean like in the case of slime; If you store slime in a storage compactor it will produce contaminated oxygen even though it's in the compactor.

I'm thinking more of solid oxygen in water ( water is probably hot due to condensation from steam)  so that they would melt , if they would work with a submerged storage compactor that would be fine too actually.

OR placing solid ice in water to cool it down. i am aware of the fact that you can place items in the storage compactor and disabling it to throw up all items inside it on floor but throwing ice into water to cool the water or melt the ice seems more logical than having it melt inside a storage compactor or placing it inside storage compactor and having it throw out =P

26 minutes ago, Masterpintsman said:

Storage compactors right now cannot hold everything, so you end up with random stuff sitting around your base.  I understand wanting to get it all moved to a central spot, but I think the solution is to just fix the storage boxes, not make a whole new concept.

they should add filters for all other items. also liquid/gas compactor would be nice instead bottles which could be manually transfered into pumps/machines or proper tanks.with new doors food splitting will be an issue, for proper outposts, "orders" or package transfers are needed.

Things in storage compactors already DO interact with the air.

All that is needed is simply finally adding all of the types of objects to the list that storage compactors have, instead of weirdly leaving a bunch of them off. I don't think a redundant storage system makes much sense, and is confusing.

Archived