QoL improvements to priority settings

Priority settings are important in this game and I found handling them very uncomfortable. Here are a few ideas I had after many hours playing the game:

• Please make default priority (the one things fall to after they're built etc) configurable. Current setting of 5 is unnecessarily high in my experience as anything below that is almost like "don't do it" priority while there's barely enough priority levels above 5 to be useful for organized players.
  • Instead of selecting priority level for every single thing I'm building please make one single global "current priority" value that I select once, then go and build everything at that priority.
  • Please add key shortcuts to increase/decrease currently selected priority level.
  • Please change the mouse cursor depending on currently selected priority - put the number of active priority next to the pointer, and eventually change color of the pointer according to the priority I'm working with.
  • Please add a real "don't do it" priority 0 for things I'm still designing and don't want my dupes to start working on it even if they're idle.

1 minute ago, Kasuha said:

Current setting of 5 is unnecessarily high in my experience as anything below that is almost like "don't do it" priority while there's barely enough priority levels above 5 to be useful for organized players.

I agree that maybe they should lower the default priority level to 2 or 3, makes more sense for priority management.

Yes to many of those.  Or if there isn't a priority 0, add a blueprint overlay so I can plan stuff out without needing to constantly destroy it.

I think if you use the num pad it increases the priority, not sure though since I'm playing on a laptop... but yeah, that would be nice if it's not available.

10 minutes ago, Ted n Emily said:

I would be happy with just being able to set the default priority to something other then 5.  But everyone is right about the 1-4  priority, hardly ever use that.

I use the lower settings, however it requires that I manually change the setting of everything. It incredibly tedious. The only positive thing is the "copy settings" function of buildings. That sort of helps. However wild plants randomly overriding a default dig action is lame.

Very much agree on configurable default.  I never use anything below 5, because it's extra hassle.  If not configurable, at least set the default lower.  The rest is also good, but the first I'd most like to have.

To add to these, an option to change specific tasks.  Such as setting all building tasks to higher/lower priority.  Or Digging/cleaning/delivering.

In this way you could set the group of tasks without having to adjust specific buildings, and then change back as they aren't needed for higher priority.

Agreed with all of these. In addition. 

Let us configure the priorities of all the different tasks associated with a building. Like for the microbe musher, set a priority for operating the building and a different one for delivering materials.

Archived