New duplicant audio is very annoying

I would like to manage my duplicants at a certain amount. So at some point i wont need a duplicant.

But the portal keeps playings the  'new duplicant  audio' and it drives me nuts!
I need to reject them all asap to get rid of that audio.
If you just cancel the new duplicant (by hittign X) available window they will still will be available (which i like) but then the audio keeps playing too.

My suggestion: Remove the audio once players viewed new duplicants available

Best ways yo deal with that so far are to immediately reject all the dupes (though some times there are very good candidates) or to remove one floor tile beneath it to deactivate it (wich sacrifices fluency in the dupes movement)... 

• Developer
On 27/02/2017 at 2:35 PM, newcomix said:

But the portal keeps playings the  'new duplicant  audio' and it drives me nuts!
I need to reject them all asap to get rid of that audio.
If you just cancel the new duplicant (by hittign X) available window they will still will be available (which i like) but then the audio keeps playing too.

Hey @newcomix, thanks for the feedback!

I definitely agree that leaving a dupe "cooking" isn't a really joyful experience, so on the update I've already made some changes to make this less annoying. I'm going to put a bit more work into this to make sure the printer is never annoying, so thanks for your ideas! After the update comes out, please let me know if that experience is still un-fun.

On 27/02/2017 at 8:01 PM, Masterpintsman said:

And please tune down pipe/vent overlay noise while at it.

Done, as well :) thanks!

6 minutes ago, jambell said:

Hey @newcomix, thanks for the feedback!

I definitely agree that leaving a dupe "cooking" isn't a really joyful experience, so on the update I've already made some changes to make this less annoying. I'm going to put a bit more work into this to make sure the printer is never annoying, so thanks for your ideas! After the update comes out, please let me know if that experience is still un-fun.

Done, as well :) thanks!

Yay! Thanks.

Update available when?

They should add a "disable build" button like on other electrical equipment to just turn the dupe machine off. Though there will be some minor drawbacks. The loss of characters losing stress from being near it would be one disadvantage.

The new duplicant audio just really made me feel like I was playing the game wrong. Everyone suggest 6 dupes to have a sane game, but this portal bugs me so much. 
It seems louder when you reload a game, then when youve been playing your same game from start, but that might be just me. 

Archived