Damage / Wimpy / Less / Normal / More / Mighty

Damage Multipliers                                                                                                                         

Wolfgang -0.5x Wimpy Damage

Wes, Wendy - 0.75x 25% Less Damage

Wilson, WX78, Wickerbottom, Woodie, Webber, Maxwell, Williow - 1.00x Normal Damage

Wigfrid - 1.25x 25% More Damage

Wolfgang 0.5-2x - Mighty Damage

Note(s) :

The normal weapon damage was obtained from the wiki, other weapons don't do confirmed damage, but effects their targets, so I didn't list them, these weapons are: Sleep Dart, Ice Staff, Fire Staff and Weather Pain

Explosives, tools, and traps were not used in this list.

Even More and Wimpy will depend on the amount of Hunger points Wolfgang is in,105 starts the 0.5 Wimpy Damage, 225 starts the 1.25x More Damage and 300 starts the Mighty 2x Damage.

Weapons                                                                                        

(Wimpy)(Less) (Normal) (More) (Mighty) 

Multiplier:            0.5      0.75      1.00       1.25          2.00

Dark Sword:         (34)      (51)      (68)       (85)         (136)

Thulecite Club:    (23)      (45)      (60)       (75)         (120)

Ham Bat:           (15-30)   (45-23)  (30-60)   (38-75)   (60-120)     Decreases 2.95 per day.

Tentacle Spike:   (26)       (38)      (51)       (64)         (102)

Morning Star:    (22-36)   (33-54) (43-72)  (54-90)    (87-145)    Based on wetness of the target.

Bat Bat:               (22)        (32)     (43)       (54)         (86)

Spear:                  (17)        (26)     (34)      (43)          (68)

Battle Spear:       (22)        (32)     (43)      (54)          (86)

Boomerang:        (10)        (20)     (27)      (34)          (54)

Blow Dart:           (50)        (75)     (100)    (125)        (200)

Electric Dart:  (45-75)(68-113)(90-150) (113-188) (180-300)   Based on wetness of the target.

This Information was in the Don't Starve Wiki on the Weapon page, but has been removed :/

21 minutes ago, Sinister_Fang said:

You should go add this info to the wiki that way it can still be found once this thread disappears.

I would if I could but my computer will not let me edit the wiki pages, use to work but now it won't.

11 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

It doesn't exactly have to be better then what we've currently got. Personally, I've always felt we needed more mid-tier weapons and armor.

I don't see a point in adding mid-tier gear now, since a lot of people would just skip it for the obviously better and relatively easy to get magic or ruins gear.

1 hour ago, StarvedKasad said:

Marble suit 2 doesn't slow you down,is repairable .Dark sword 2 doesnt drain your sanity.There it's already better :p

Replace the marble suit with some Night Armor if you want to kite, and carry some green caps to restore your sanity. If they added a weapon with Dark Sword damage and no sanity drain, it would either be too easy to get and end up like Swordfish, or too hard to craft and not be worth it.

1 hour ago, JellyUltra said:

I don't see a point in adding mid-tier gear now, since a lot of people would just skip it for the obviously better and relatively easy to get magic or ruins gear.

Most people just use log suits or battle helmets due to how cheap and accessible they are. I don't see many people using thulecite often due to the limited amount of it, and how green gems are in short supply. Especially if you don't kill the dragonfly often. And even then you're limited to only 1-2 gems every 20 days. And night armor... well I almost never see anyone use that unless they're using Maxwell. Wigfrid might be able to get away with using it, but she's got her helmets, good health and a damage reduction so it's not all that worth it. And of course marble slows you down a lot making kiting while wearing it pretty much impossible. And have you ever seen anyone use a shelmet before? It's a great piece of armor, but it's a pain in the behind to get.

All the high-tier armor comes with a pretty big drawback, be it a drawback to using it or difficulty of obtaining. It would be nice to have a mid-tier armor that's a tad bit costly but the materials are fairly reasonable to get all year round. It would be great to have a new armor to replace log suits and battle helmets for everyday use. All the high-tier stuff is usually saved for bosses. So I see a point in it. There's a bit of a gap in DS/T's armor selection.

5 hours ago, JellyUltra said:

16 hours ago, Sinister_Fang said:

It doesn't exactly have to be better then what we've currently got. Personally, I've always felt we needed more mid-tier weapons and armor.

I'd also like to have some new mid weapons, which are better than spear but not as good as a nightsword or a hambat. Both of them are a waste (in my opinion, I accept if someone thinks other) for fighting some spiders occasionally. 

Also, there are a lot of players who don't even reach the level of night swords or just rarely, and cannot use it (regularly). Like some of my friends, they don't play as much (2-4 hours a week usually) and don't have that much experience. For us would be great such new weaponry.

But of course, it would be great to get new high tear weapons too! :)

never mind, it got removed in the wiki by a user :/

This is a bit redundant, since damage modifiers are listed at the top, and damage can be found faster by simply calculating normally instead of searching through a table with all weapons in the game

rip 3 hours of editing.

3 hours ago, AniMike said:

never mind, it got removed in the wiki by a user :/

rip 3 hours of editing.

Well that sucks. I personally don't see a reason to not include that info though. It might be fairly simple math, but it's not like it's hurting anyone by having it there. I'm sure there's lots of lazy people who'd rather look up what the exact damage is instead of doing the math themselves.

If you look at damage you'll also have to look at health of all mobs to make the data meaningful. It's better just to remember how many hits x mob takes with y weapon with z multipler. Remembering how long ago you crafted a hambat and the function 'real time hunger to damage multipler' is just tedious.

20 hours ago, AniMike said:

@Begeesy no point in doing that, I'm pretty sure it'll just get removed off wiki too from someone else's opinion on the post and me posting here would just make this information forgotten once its off the 1st page in forums.

Of course they would delete it, because they already have one for every mob.:p

Archived