URGENT: I need help with my mod!...

Hello and thank you so much for taking the time to read this. 

recently my friend and i have been working together on a character mod for DST, She covered the art portion while i put everything together and also did the coding.

Everything was going smoothly (was able jump in and out the game without any problems), but now every time i start the game and select either the "Host Game" or "Mods" Tab the game immediately crashes. I've been going through each file in the mod for about 6 hours now and i haven't been able to find what the issue is... the TEX files are all converted in the correct format, the XML and LUA files contains all the correct codes. i just don't know what the problem is....

i've restarted my PC about 10 times already. and still no change, and i've even removed our mod from the game's files and the game ran perfectly fine with other workshop mods. so that proved to me that the problem is coming from our mod.

can you go through our mod files (attached below) to let me know where i messed up? im a newbie to all of this by the way :shock:

ThankYou in advance!

Edited by Micklo202

48 minutes ago, Renamon said:

are you getting on screen errors or just a crash to desktop?

On screen errors. "Something made Don't starve together stop working"  and then it closes the game

I would take a screenshot but I'm not home at the moment =(

Edited by Micklo202

@Micklo202 Did you try to see if you have an error in the log ?

Try look at

C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta

Or

C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether

(If you aren't in the beta branch) and look at

client_log.txt

Sometimes when a crash occurs, you can have some informations here that aren't on screen. If you find an error, copy it here instead of a screenshot, it will be more helpful :)

2 hours ago, Lumina said:

@Micklo202 Did you try to see if you have an error in the log ?

Try look at

C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogetherANewReignBeta

Or

C:\Users\MYUSERNAME\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether

(If you aren't in the beta branch) and look at

client_log.txt

Sometimes when a crash occurs, you can have some informations here that aren't on screen. If you find an error, copy it here instead of a screenshot, it will be more helpful :)

@Lumina definitely will as soon as I get home. 

Could it be the XML for the images? 

For example if I made a new TEX file containing said image will I have to delete the previous XML replace it with different code? Or would it be the same? 

Edited by Micklo202

@Lumina

ok i've checked the the client logs and i found this.

[00:01:21]: QueryStats: { "req":"modrank", "field":"Session.Loads.Mods.list", "fieldop":"unwind", "linkpref":"external", "limit": 20}
[00:01:21]: ../mods/workshop-728459184/preview.tex is 300x300 but compressed textures must have power of 2 dimensions.
[00:01:21]: ..\source\renderlib\OpenGL\HWTexture.cpp(403) : - ../mods/Star MOD/modicon.tex: The engine doesn't currently support 3D textures. Did you mean to use a 2D texture?

Edited by Micklo202

@Micklo202 Ok, one of the error is about " /mods/workshop-728459184/preview.tex ", and i guess it's a workshop mod, so not related. I don't know if it's causing crash.

Other error is about the modicon.tex

I don't know how you did it but it seems to have some problem, maybe when creating the image. I tried to make my own modicon using the png in your mod and it seems to work fine (at least i don't have a crash when clicking on "host game"), but you will have to do more tests to see if there are others errors.

58853004e7aa7_StarMOD.zip

Here is the modicon.tex and the modicon.xml.

If you have more problems with the .tex files of your mod, i suggest you use this tool

And redo all the problematics .tex files. Good luck !

Edited by Lumina

@Lumina 

omg yes! the mod screen works now! but theres another problem with another .tex file...

./mods/Star MOD/images/saveslot_portraits/star.tex is 120x104 but compressed textures must have power of 2 dimensions.
[00:05:58]: ..\source\renderlib\OpenGL\HWTexture.cpp(403) : - ../mods/Star MOD/images/saveslot_portraits/star.tex: The engine doesn't currently support 3D textures. Did you mean to use a 2D texture?

i have no idea why its not rendering the files in 2D i've been using these settings for all my images. 

Eyh6Xoh.jpg

so im guessing i'll have to go in and re-render all my tex files?

@Lumina 

I've got it working!!! thank you so much for linking me to that post about the Texture packer and letting me know how check the client_log!

basically my PC (for whatever reason) kept rendering the tex files in 3D regardless of the "selected" 2D setting. so i kind of worked around that by using the 1D format in the text editor and then packing them into the unpacker with the "Power of 2" setting. and it worked!

im finally able to continue working on our mod! thanks so much!