What happened?

@Kittydub I don't think so. Take this for example

http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/322330/WOLFGANG_FORMAL

AS you can see, the normal buy order is 1 each day. 

Then, on Nov. 8th, 8 a.m 15 were sold at 2.98. Then 5 were sold at 38 euro, 13 were sold at 22 euro.

The buy orders dont seem natural as well. I don't think it's more appealing to buy at 38 euro than 2 euro.

Something weird is really going on...

It's not just selling for a higher price. It has something to do with money laundering (that's what majority here thinks), so selling to the right people. Nothing we have to worry about, the prices are going down already again. It happened before. 

There are some comments about it in the All revealed clothing topic too. 

22 hours ago, False said:

well, being an American citizen myself, the stock market went down like by 20% at first, this was before the actual result. Currently, the stock market is all over the place, which probably suggests the inflation in pricing, since Valve is an American company, the prices affect them directly as well.

1 minute ago, MrFurphie said:

well, being an American citizen myself, the stock market went down like by 20% at first, this was before the actual result. Currently, the stock market is all over the place, which probably suggests the inflation in pricing, since Valve is an American company, the prices affect them directly as well.

I highly doubt this is related in any way, the prices on the steam community market are controlled by steam users selling the items and large amount of specific items were bought.

@MrFurphie Firstly, I doubt it's true that the stock market went down by '20%'. A few stocks went down, maybe. 

Secondly, I don't see how the went down in some stocks lead to the clothes being sold at 50 euro each, and sold by tens of pieces. This is done on purpose.

Archived