quality of life suggestion

I've been playing dont starve sense it released on ps4, and now don't starve together. i love both games, but with that being said i have always wished for one minor change. i would like there to be an option in the settings to have your stats always show, like when you open your inventory. this would make it allot easier to know exactly where my health, hunger, etc stand at all times. thanks for a great game, and hope this minor quality of life change can be added.

• Developer

On the PC there is a mod for that. This brings up an interesting discussion about what mods should be "brought over" to the ps4. I'll start some discussions in the office. 

Anyone else got any favorite mods that are quality of life related?

1 hour ago, ScottHansen said:

On the PC there is a mod for that. This brings up an interesting discussion about what mods should be "brought over" to the ps4. I'll start some discussions in the office. 

Anyone else got any favorite mods that are quality of life related?

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=696256950

This one. For sure. I can't play the game without it, and honestly, I'm pretty sure you devs would want to add this into the game anyway.

At least, one of you would.

@ScottHansen I would love to see Architectural Geometry mod and Minimap HUD mod. 

I dont mind mods as long as it doesn't change the basic survival game. It seems there are too many mods that add new characters/items that make the game easier. If theres mods that add new items which aren't overpowered, then yes I love that.

@ScottHansen

sorry but i would also love for these to come to regular DS (Recibz Twitch Plays Together is DST only)

i want a map that i would not have to look all the time minimap and to see PS4 twitch streams Recibz Twitch Plays Together but to disable achievements and to be able to not have problems placing things Geometric Placement and be able to reset traps without picking them up and Combined Status like to be able to see numbers and griefing protection and be able to lock my chest to for only me and my friends and griefing protection because people are destroying bases

• Developer

Sorry, I was hoping this would have been more of a discussion then a list of mods. We don't have enough man power to port existing mods to the ps4. But if there are common ideas (quality of life improvements) that people like maybe we could look into rolling into our backlog of tasks. No promises though.

16 minutes ago, ScottHansen said:

Sorry, I was hoping this would have been more of a discussion then a list of mods. We don't have enough man power to port existing mods to the ps4. But if there are common ideas (quality of life improvements) that people like maybe we could look into rolling into our backlog of tasks. No promises though.

sorry but i just want some locked chest and some griefing protection and something like Geometric Placement and status of my info (just add a option to make it show all the time)

I also would like to be able to toggle on/off stats. We can already see them when pressing R2, but it would be nice to see an actual number for hunger, sanity, health, and temperature.

I'm not sure if this counts as a quality of life addition, but having the option to see the health of mobs. Being that many different creatures have a lot more health in DST, it would be really helpful to be able to determine if you should flee from a fight... simply because the mob could have too much health remaining and you not having enough armor or health to remain in the fight. In addition to this, with the issue of movement prediction, sometimes you can't tell if whether or not the hit landed or not so you may be calculating things wrong in determining how many more hits left you need to kill said mob.

17 minutes ago, PosterxG1rl said:

I also would like to be able to toggle on/off stats. We can already see them when pressing R2, but it would be nice to see an actual number for hunger, sanity, health, and temperature.

I'm not sure if this counts as a quality of life addition, but having the option to see the health of mobs. Being that many different creatures have a lot more health in DST, it would be really helpful to be able to determine if you should flee from a fight simply because the mob has too much health less and you not having enough armor or health to remain in the fight. In addition to this, with the issue of movement prediction, sometimes you can't tell if whether or not the hit landed or not so you may be calculating things wrong in determining how many more hits left you need to kill said mob.

Like this??interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

@ScottHansen Perhaps a way to tell friends and family(maybe not family since you'd more than likely be playing local) that I'm at 1 hp and at 1 hunger and really need to get in icebox to eat something and would trade them 1 orange gem needed to make a lazy forager just to get in with that one announce mod

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=343753877

Oh and reason being either not having a headset mic for PS4 or not wanting to use it?

2 hours ago, Psych0.Daddy said:

Character mods would be nice... Winnie especially.

More than likely not happening sorry pal.

Archived