Help with the Goose/Moose?

I'm playing RoG for the first time and I'm playing as Wilson at day 39. My first winter ended 2/3 days ago and I am waiting for the Goose/Goose to appear, but I'm not very sure how to kill her and I would like to know how you guys do it! I know she dies with 14 gunpowders + 2 blow darts, but I only have 8 gunpowders and one blow dart. I also have 4 sleep darts.

I easily killed Deerclops kitting with the Tentacle Spike and with the help of a Treeguard, does leading to the Treeguards works with the Goose/Goose too?

And I don't know how to prepare for her, does she have any indicator (like the Deerclops weird sound)?

Sorry if I'm too much of a newbie, as I said, it's my first time playing RoG and I've only survived until the second winter in the vanilla game. Please excuse any grammatical errors, English's not my first language!

(also, I don't know if I'm starting this topic in the right place, sorry...)

She only honks once before setting up a nest somewhere nearby, but that is fine, because she shouldn't be a problem to you at all. You can dodge her normal attacks with ease and her special move does nothing but delay the fight a little.

You probably want to save any potential allies for the case her mosslings hatch. Those can be very dangerous together.

Kiting her takes a bit of practice, but once you get the hang of the timing you'll get very confident very quickly. I don't even bother with armor anymore. 

What you need to do is hit her twice, dodge the attack, (this cycle will last about 3 swings of her antlers). After that she will honk, which knocks the weapon out of your hand. To avoid this, hold the spacebar the second you see her about to honk and it won't go sliding. Then dodge. Rinse and repeat. 

To add to what these fine fellows have already contributed, the Goose/Goose is also a boss that does not drain Sanity. I recommend a Spear, Football Helmet and a Log Suit. That should be enough gear for the Goose/Goose. If you still feel unsure about facing her, try to have some Jerky on your person and remember that when she honks, she knocks the currently held item from your hands.

ALT+F4 is always an option, too. I won't judge.

Don't worry she is incredibly weak, using a wood armour, a football hat and a spear will do just fine

also a single sleep dart will put her to sleep and she only lays eggs when thunder strikes so you have plenty of time before that happens (assuming she spawned at the 3rd day of spring, which she usually does)

and as far as I know she does not have a warning sound although the screen will shake when she moves but that shouldn't be a problem cos unlike other giants she's the only one incapable of damaging structures (expect walls) so you should be okay and you can totally ignore if you don't want those Goose feathers cos she'll fly away at the end of spring .

4 hours ago, Frannie said:

Thank you all! Actually, it seems like the Goose/Goose didn't spawn? Or at least I can't find her or her egg. It's already the 8th day of spring, have I done something wrong..?

Giants do not have a 100% spawn chance. Saving and exiting a game repeatedly can affect if they will spawn on any given day.

If you're not ready to fight her, you can lead her to a herd of beefalo. Since its spring, they'll instantly aggro on her and finish her off. Needs to be a decent size herd though. Or if you really want the feathers, let her lay her egg near the herd, kite her and let the beefs handle the mosslings. They are very dangerous otherwise.

Archived