Extoller's Art

8 hours ago, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Finally, I will be getting my computer again. TOOK FOREVER.

That's why there has been little to no art lately, sorry.

Don't worry, I hope you'll get to see your new clothes in the game now :). Then we can talk of... nearly got the secret out XD.

• Like 2

On 12/1/2016 at 11:44 AM, ExtollerOfTrolls said:

Finally, I will be getting my computer again. TOOK FOREVER.

That's why there has been little to no art lately, sorry.

ariel tries consoling.pngSame boat there. Have a pc but it's too hard to do both internet and digital art on it. Waiting for a new laptop.

• Like 2

Re-uploading, sorry about last night. @minespatch

(Also, this is a bit religious, but I am Catholic, so... I care a lot more about the religious aspects of Christmas than anything else.)

Version without text here: http://sta.sh/02fs82r0j3wt

No Man's Land.png

Wendy could not bring herself to enjoy the holidays because of the torment awaiting them afterwards. Webber told her a story he had heard from his father during World War I.

And so she and Webber sang a song about a King, a very different one than the one they were used to, in memory of the young man in this story:

Edited by ExtollerOfTrolls
  • Like 6

13 hours ago, minespatch said:

Forgive my obnoxiousness, I was tired last night. The video is lovely and helps give a good picture behind the story. So it's a interesting theory about Webber's father being forced into the first WW despite being a simple farmer with scientific inclinations.

You're fine, s'all good. I was just confused.

I think it's possible. I mean, Webber is probably British, and Britain was pretty important during WWI. The characters were taken sometime between 1910 and 1920, right? So it's possible he joined, and was injured later, so he left and returned home. That would give him plenty of time for farming/science. And Webber would be around 6 or 7, if we say he's about 10 or 11 in the events of DS.

Either way, Christmas 1915 is a very famous and touching story.

Edited by ExtollerOfTrolls
  • Like 2

On Friday, December 23, 2016 at 6:00 AM, minespatch said:

Even if you don't like it, I like the effort you put into the piece. Needs a bit of cleaning around the tree leaves but the focus of WX and the butterfly is a relaxing touch.

Yeah, and Wx looks a bit too clean in comparison.

23 hours ago, DragonMage156 said:

It looks really good though :/ I'd be happy to make a drawing like that.

If you practice, you'll get much better than this! I've already improved a lot, and I started digital art less than a year ago.

• Like 2

Having a mentor or even an equal partner can help immensely, too. Someone to bounce design ideas off of and add some extra fun to the process. Moreso people irl; there's something special about backseat clicking.

Also, I like your color choices in the last one. Soft and inviting. And even if it could be improved, the painted look is nice. One thing I've never been good with is the sort of variance necessary for that. Everything must be perfect and symmetrical, beep boop.

• Like 2