Mass producing palm trees / farming coconuts

I think you can plant palm trees onto 'no turf' spaces in RoG. Emphasis on I 'think'.

That way, you could use bigfoot to farm the palmtrees along with jungle if you seperated the turf. You'd get a TON of extra stuff other than wood this way.

I should really try that...

22 hours ago, DeputyDeath said:

I think you can plant palm trees onto 'no turf' spaces in RoG. Emphasis on I 'think'.

That way, you could use bigfoot to farm the palmtrees along with jungle if you seperated the turf. You'd get a TON of extra stuff other than wood this way.

you can.

On 7/1/2016 at 10:42 AM, DeputyDeath said:

No, no, that is just general tree farming. I know how to farm trees for logs. Coconuts, on the other hand, has a very low net yield. U plant 1 coconut into the tree, and u usually get 1 out, or even none, if u chop too early.

only way i see is to pray for falling coconuts while you're chopping full grown palmtrees. treeguards also give a few coconuts on their death and the thrown coconuts have a chance to turn to the coconut item which you can pick up when they hit the ground. so the only reliable way to really mass produce palmtrees is just to chop as many as you see while you're exploring in the beginning of the game and then plant a small farm wherever you want to make your base. the bigger your farm is the easier it'll be to get a few coconuts for nade production or food.

For those still interested: I checked game files and the coconut loot from fully grown tree is 1.3 as of now, so we should update the wiki. And yes, this post is meaningless for anything bigger than 1.1.

Archived