completely clueless so I need help

First I know I don't know squat. I'm not a game player per se. But this game appeals to me on some crazy level, maybe the desolation. In any case, I can't get out of day one. I keep getting killed. I have no logs because I don't see any logs. I see pines, I see flint, little bushes, grass, etc. I pick them up when they let me. I cut grass like a crazy person. I pickup anything that looks promising. Night comes, I can't make fire. I don't have a log. I am spider food. It's an ugly business.Kindly help me out here but be kind. I"m old. Thank you. -MonkeyBTW...I bought the game, have the codes but I don't seem to have DL'd the game..meaning it's not on my pc. It's on chrome. I don't want it on chrome. I want it on my computer. I thought it would be automatically D/L'd when I input the code.

Welcome!:) Well first, you get logs by cutting down trees, which you can do by making a axe with stick and flint. Second, for now the game is only playable in chrome, but they hope to have a steam build by the end of the year.

okay...I'm going to give that a shot. I'm not exactly sure how to make a tool, but if I have trouble, I'll get back here. with an ax, the world is mine.LOOKOUT BEEFALOS!! mammas comin' for you!

very good. I'm very awkward, not really knowing what to do quickly. but I can kill bunnies quite efficiently, but then they just lay there. I'm not sure if I can eat them. I guess I should cook them first? survival is awful! hahahahah

If it's an emergency without logs you can always use grass :D Also, apparently eating spider meat lowers your health despite it satisfying your hunger a lil bit. And feeding the pig-creatures flowers can give you manure for farming? whaaaa?

So far the beefalos are killing the hell out of me. It's hilarious. I sneak up on them at night, I sneak up on them during the day, it doesn't matter. They come quite quickly. They take a lot of killing those great beasts! I think I'll make a pickax! I feel like a character in Silence of the Lambs. "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."

So far the beefalos are killing the hell out of me. It's hilarious. I sneak up on them at night, I sneak up on them during the day, it doesn't matter. They come quite quickly. They take a lot of killing those great beasts! I think I'll make a pickax! I feel like a character in Silence of the Lambs. "I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice chianti."

The golden tip in Don't starve is simply don't starve! don't go to quickly, the first few days you can spend on finding and killing food (LITTLE creatures!) if you have enough food and things to make fire you can explore more, andyou'll find other/bigger creatures... Not all of them are food, some of the creatures are really usefull, pay attention to what Winslow says.