Magnificant Wedding blessed by Charlie [with Pics]

37 minutes ago, hyiltiz said:

There is s character that pooooooooops! Don't tell me he is not yet invited to the Together world. 

Wilbuuur!!! :cheekychris:

29 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Back to pings--"kiting is never possible", in Together?  Well, that explains why I keep dying to things I could've _sworn_ I moved fast enough to dodge...

And if we're gonna go THAT direction, we could also start asking why the characters only need to worry about food and not water, why they never need to bathe, and why sleep is just a therapeutic option instead of a normal everyday necessity.  Heh.

Put it this way:  When I made Sim-Willow on her wilderness lot, where she had to live as Don't Starve-ishly as possible, I _had_ to add a few things that don't exist in the latter game at all--namely, toilet, bathtub, counter to prepare food on, and sink for washing dishes.  (Sleeping space? That was a tent, which _does_ exist in Don't Starve.)  Sims have more needs-meters than just three, and even THEY are still pretty damn unrealistic. : P

...Notorious

Sims are unrealistic. True. Have you ever had a female serenading a male while said male makes puppy eyes and blushes? That :nomenomen:.

I know DS has mods which add thirst (if not sleeping). They could be fun in DST.

Heh. That kind of thing strikes me as stupidly charming, actually.  When I say "unrealistic", I mean, UNREALISTIC, as in, pregnancy takes three days.  : P  For just one example.  (And that's not even counting all the outright supernatural stuff, like aliens, vampires, werewolves, plantpeople, ghosts, genies, & witches, oh my.)  In those same 3 days, a baby can reach toddlerhood, a student can finish a semester of college, and you can have a weekend and one work day. Obviously those don't take the SAME amount of time! : P  There's game-time compression, of course, but this is game-time _confusion_.

ANYway.   Thirst mods in Don't Starve.  Good lords, I think I would die instantly.  Wow.

...Notorious

On 5/30/2016 at 7:55 PM, CaptainChaotica said:

Heh. That kind of thing strikes me as stupidly charming, actually.  When I say "unrealistic", I mean, UNREALISTIC, as in, pregnancy takes three days.  : P  For just one example.  (And that's not even counting all the outright supernatural stuff, like aliens, vampires, werewolves, plantpeople, ghosts, genies, & witches, oh my.)  In those same 3 days, a baby can reach toddlerhood, a student can finish a semester of college, and you can have a weekend and one work day. Obviously those don't take the SAME amount of time! : P  There's game-time compression, of course, but this is game-time _confusion_.

ANYway.   Thirst mods in Don't Starve.  Good lords, I think I would die instantly.  Wow.

...Notorious

Guys? Why talk about realistic? Just go the * out and hang out with whoever out there whining about you playing DST all the time and don't spend time with. That is realistic, takes time, let's you poop drink sleep and whatever. You can even make phone calls, ride a cab (not beefalo anymore) and whatever. Sounds fun? Guess what, no one ever done that before.

1 hour ago, hyiltiz said:

Guys? Why talk about realistic? Just go the * out and hang out with whoever out there whining about you playing DST all the time and don't spend time with. That is realistic, takes time, let's you poop drink sleep and whatever. You can even make phone calls, ride a cab (not beefalo anymore) and whatever. Sounds fun? Guess what, no one ever done that before.

The fourth and the fifth sentences just deserve a like for the sake of it :].

Honestly, there has to be a delicate form of balance in any game for immersion and enjoyment. So realistic is subjective.

Now a bit of joking: no one has ever done that before? Lo and behold, I can drink and use the game. Does it make me a pioneer ;)?

1 hour ago, CaptainChaotica said:

..actually I was like, lightheartedly joking about games being "realistic" or not, not actually complaining...

...and I've had DST for less than a week, so I don't think people are really yelling at me about it yet.  : P

...Notorious

Nobody has the right or grounds to yell at you. I think everybody understands the lightheartedness of your post. You should not worry ;).

I actually meant the theoretical "people in real life who have been yelling at you because you've been playing too much DST" that Hylitz mentioned (not in those exact words, but more or less).  Nobody CAN yell at me for that yet, because it's been only a week.  : P

But yeah.  Awww.  :)

...Notorious

Cool. :)  My own current one was drawn by me, which is why I'm using it--I automatically know I have permission!--and I think it turned out decently, even if it was done in MSPaint.  Yes, really.

ANYway, back to the wedding...I'm kinda glad I wasn't there.  I would definitely have died several different ways at once at the end, and that kind of thing can really ruin one's day.

...Notorious

57 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Cool. :)  My own current one was drawn by me, which is why I'm using it--I automatically know I have permission!--and I think it turned out decently, even if it was done in MSPaint.  Yes, really.

ANYway, back to the wedding...I'm kinda glad I wasn't there.  I would definitely have died several different ways at once at the end, and that kind of thing can really ruin one's day.

...Notorious

Your own work? In Paint??? You really have a talent!

The memorable moments often include deaths ;).

I quite often draw in Paint. ;)

Seriously, it's amazing how flexible that program can be once you learn how to work with it.  I myself have way more fun learning how to do a lot with a little, than being given option overload right at the start.  So Paint is great for me.  :)

And in Don't Starve, the memorable moments ALWAYS involve death!  : P  The ending of "The Saga of Wigfrid and the Fluffy Bunch" is one of my favourite examples, from my own experiences. 3 deaths almost in a row, the Bearger, a completely stomped camp, a Varg, red and white hounds at the same time and DAMN PIGS!  (laugh)

...Notorious

15 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

I quite often draw in Paint. ;)

Seriously, it's amazing how flexible that program can be once you learn how to work with it.  I myself have way more fun learning how to do a lot with a little, than being given option overload right at the start.  So Paint is great for me.  :)

And in Don't Starve, the memorable moments ALWAYS involve death!  : P  The ending of "The Saga of Wigfrid and the Fluffy Bunch" is one of my favourite examples, from my own experiences. 3 deaths almost in a row, the Bearger, a completely stomped camp, a Varg, red and white hounds at the same time and DAMN PIGS!  (laugh)

...Notorious

Now you have a new DA stalker. Here. You had it coming. So much fantastic pictures - and the descriptions! Off to your gallery again.

Yeah, deaths can be considered one of the funniest parts of the game! Like when people died seventeen times in 3 hours 57 minutes and I had to chuck out hearts for them all... while having 111 MAX myself... Or @hyiltiz and the sermon with lightning and so on...

20 hours ago, WildWesternWilson said:

I feel the true tragedy of the night is how GiddyGuy didn't get their pay check for the wondrous wedding sermon they provided.

I accept Wickerbottom skins I don't own, aka Survival, tattered togs, and Triumphant mostly want Triumphant doe...pls I'm desperate, cri veery mite.

@CaptainChaotica so I heard you needed a priest for a wedding. owo

Not really.  (laugh)  But if I find someone I want to "marry" in DST, you'll be the first to know.  ;)  Although, I have no valuable skins yet...I suppose I could "pay" by being really helpful, which is what I do already anyway?)

And wow, THANKS, Arlesienne!  (blushes)  I went back to my DA page and lookit all those faves...!  Including on some of my lesser-seen ones, such as "I will ruin your happiness!" :D  You've totally made my day.

...Notorious

13 hours ago, GiddyGuy said:

I accept Wickerbottom skins I don't own, aka Survival, tattered togs, and Triumphant mostly want Triumphant doe...pls I'm desperate, cri veery mite.

@CaptainChaotica so I heard you needed a priest for a wedding. owo

Hi @GiddyGuy, sorry for keeping you unpaid till now. I had a dress that belonged to my granny; her granny passed it to her... It is tattered, but is respectable. May I offer it to you as a payment for your service for the heavens?

9 hours ago, hyiltiz said:

Hi @GiddyGuy, sorry for keeping you unpaid till now. I had a dress that belonged to my granny; her granny passed it to her... It is tattered, but is respectable. May I offer it to you as a payment for your service for the heavens?

Spoiler

7 hours ago, KoreanWaffles said:

Hi, um, I'm a tad bit late and I have nothing to do with this wedding but...
I guess you could say the wedding was...

Strictly Unprofessional

I'm going to leave now...

Hey, if they had more than just one experience, they are clearly doing something wrong, right ;)?

Archived