Magnificant Wedding blessed by Charlie [with Pics]

...And I thought my partner played a dirty trick on me (not in a game, in a literary collaboration; long story, that). @Hypersomnia, I feel you. @hyiltiz, if you are into roleplaying, would you take part in a session in a roleplaying world?

Heh.  If I (for some odd reason) ever had a wedding in Don't Starve Together, it'd have to be a lot simpler, as I've never had a single chunk of thulecite in my life (haven't done much cave stuff, so no ruin-exploration yet) and have just started so I don't have any fancy/rave outfits. But that's okay.  I'm thinking, something simple but pretty, where we carefully plant some birch trees in even rows and then walk down an aisle of beautiful autumn colours, with adorable catcoons frolicing in the background. 

For outfits, either...everybody wears the fanciest thing they already have, or I pick a colour and everybody has to wear _something_ with that colour.  And also everyone has to wear a garland.  'Cos, come on, what's a nature-goddess-hippy-tree-huggy wedding without flowers in your hair. :D  Then we cook some barbecue/picnic type food in the crockpot and crank up a phonograph so we can dance.  Except maybe not that last one, 'cos any attending Maxwells would get flashbacks.  : P

And HOPEFULLY nobody would set the whole ceremony on fire...not counting if the game itself decides to go nuts with lightning right then.

(An Potatocup made of feathers...is that anything like the Harvest Moon tradition of giving someone a blue feather to propose? Hee.)

...Notorious

15 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

'm thinking, something simple but pretty, where we carefully plant some birch trees in even rows and then walk down an aisle of beautiful autumn colours, with adorable catcoons frolicing in the background. 

You forgot about said adorable frolicking catcoons performing a sacrifice of Glommer for good luck.

Only if it happens on the full moon.  : P  I was actually thinking about a lovely sunset ceremony.  That way, it really is dinnertime when we have the wedding dinner.  :)

My own real-life "catcoon" would pounce the _hell_ out of Glommer. That bug would not stand the teensiest molecule of a chance. (laugh)

...Notorious

12 hours ago, Arlesienne said:

...And I thought my partner played a dirty trick on me (not in a game, in a literary collaboration; long story, that). @Hypersomnia, I feel you. @hyiltiz, if you are into roleplaying, would you take part in a session in a roleplaying world?

This question reminds me of: "Have I ever told you I was struck by lightning seven times?"

Edit:

4 minutes ago, hyiltiz said:

Elaborated above.

Oh, don't keep this such a secret ;). I swear there has to be a story behind that. Has it happened to you? Being offered a server entirely for sessions, that is. Or is the question a quote from some session of yours?

11 hours ago, CaptainChaotica said:

Heh.  If I (for some odd reason) ever had a wedding in Don't Starve Together, it'd have to be a lot simpler, as I've never had a single chunk of thulecite in my life (haven't done much cave stuff, so no ruin-exploration yet) and have just started so I don't have any fancy/rave outfits. But that's okay.  I'm thinking, something simple but pretty, where we carefully plant some birch trees in even rows and then walk down an aisle of beautiful autumn colours, with adorable catcoons frolicing in the background. 

For outfits, either...everybody wears the fanciest thing they already have, or I pick a colour and everybody has to wear _something_ with that colour.  And also everyone has to wear a garland.  'Cos, come on, what's a nature-goddess-hippy-tree-huggy wedding without flowers in your hair. :D  Then we cook some barbecue/picnic type food in the crockpot and crank up a phonograph so we can dance.  Except maybe not that last one, 'cos any attending Maxwells would get flashbacks.  : P

And HOPEFULLY nobody would set the whole ceremony on fire...not counting if the game itself decides to go nuts with lightning right then.

(An arse made of feathers...is that anything like the Harvest Moon tradition of giving someone a blue feather to propose? Hee.)

...Notorious

Sounds easy and interesting. We should do it; as long as you don't add rose into your ceremony.

30 minutes ago, hyiltiz said:

Sounds easy and interesting. We should do it; as long as you don't add rose into your ceremony.

But you need separate servers in order to avoid infidelity ;).

As a general thought: what roleplaying servers are there? So far, I have always had to host new worlds for my players with a (experimental RPG) tag. I would dearly love to expand my horizons so that I do not have to constantly GM.

I dunno; wouldn't using roses make Charlie more favourable towards the wedding, as they're her favourite flowers?  Or would picking (and killing) them make her mad...hmm...
Doesn't matter 'cos I never roleplay anyway, and especially not shippy/romantic/sexy roleplay.  : P  The closest I come to that is if I decide to be "in character" as whoever I'm playing.

...which turned out especially interesting when I played as _Wes_ in a recent session!  I decided I'd play the mime thing to the bloody end, as he does in the singleplayer version, and that means no dialogue--only (described) gestures...kinda like stage directions.  Examples:

WEBBER:  Hey, Wes?  If you come over to the forest I've got some food for you.

ME:  (rides an imaginary bicycle)

WEBBER:  I _think_ that means yes?

WENDY:  We've got to get Wes a real bicycle.

Or...

WEBBER: Well, fine!  I'll just find Wes and hang out with him, then, because HE didn't burn down my friends! (forest full of spider nests)  Where is he, anyway?

WENDY:  He's (effing) dead!

WEBBER:  I know that, but in what location?

ME: (spreads arms out like vulture wings)

WEBBER:  Well, I'm a little too messed up right now to go to the desert, but if you come to the portal I have a heart.

(laugh)

And hey, I died to the freaking _Dragonfly_, so at least it was epic.  :)

...Notorious

10/10 wedding. Wish I was invited so y'all could get a few extra rounds of lightning.

41 minutes ago, CaptainChaotica said:

...Notorious

Is that like your signature or something? There's a forum feature for that.

Heh.  I was wondering when someone would ask.  It dates WAAAAAYYYY back to my very first forum I ever posted on, meant something at the time, and has become something of a tradition.  I could put it as my actual signature, but I forgot and I'm used to typing it anyway.  :p

(I mean you have NO IDEA how freaking long ago we're talking about.  I'm basically old as dirt.)

...Notorious

2 hours ago, Maslak said:

I'm from central EU and played with them. Well, ping was "yellow" but it was cool. Kiting wasn't possible, but it's never possible, so it was still better then on friend-hosted ones.

Do you remember the rate on our servers, Maślak? I recall it was lovely until you logged out.

18 minutes ago, Arlesienne said:

That some things are better left unknown or that defecation theory :D?

There is s character that pooooooooops! Don't tell me he is not yet invited to the Together world. 

Back to pings--"kiting is never possible", in Together?  Well, that explains why I keep dying to things I could've _sworn_ I moved fast enough to dodge...

And if we're gonna go THAT direction, we could also start asking why the characters only need to worry about food and not water, why they never need to bathe, and why sleep is just a therapeutic option instead of a normal everyday necessity.  Heh.

Put it this way:  When I made Sim-Willow on her wilderness lot, where she had to live as Don't Starve-ishly as possible, I _had_ to add a few things that don't exist in the latter game at all--namely, toilet, bathtub, counter to prepare food on, and sink for washing dishes.  (Sleeping space? That was a tent, which _does_ exist in Don't Starve.)  Sims have more needs-meters than just three, and even THEY are still pretty damn unrealistic. : P

...Notorious

Archived