Wx78 "The Automaton" Investigation

Snob

I would like for the rest of the community to discuss about the new coming character, (or probably already implemented) Wx78.

Why Wx78, you may ask, and not Wickerbottom? It's because we don't want to talk about noisy (and destined to be biological) old ladies.

Here's his portrait, or rather, a blueprint of some sort.

post-6300-13764590361512_thumb.jpg

"Living creatures are illogical"

He seems subtly biological, I mean, he blinks and stuff.

He's immune to expired food poisoning, and XxXxX buffaloes show peevishness when Wx78 (which is stupidly quirky). XxXxX

EDIT:

\/ Please ignore my illogical thoughts \/

I'm also wondering what his name means, I think it's code.

I'm trying to think of a nickname; Wxyn?

Wxgh? Wigh? Whatever.

Edited by Snob

I think his name is just because he's a robot.

Like, W is the prototype and 78 is the model number. I don't know.

He IS a robot, and I think your right, but the "x" in his name doesn't make much sense.

wilson made him

Any logical evidence?

Maxwell would probably treat Wx78 just like the other characters, so I think his relationship with Wilson is not as close.

the beefalo dont hate them they were mating beefalo

I can't come to conclusion..

Man,WX78 has some brilliant lines :D I made a thread entirely dedicated to his quotes,and still working on summing a lot of them up.Here,if you'd like to take a look.

Oh and beefalo don't hate Wx78 personally,it has another reason. ;)

Edited by Spazmatic

• Developer

Man,WX78 has some brilliant lines :D I made a thread entirely dedicated to his quotes,and still working on summing a lot of them up.Here,if you'd like to take a look.

Oh and beefalo don't hate Wx78 personally,it has another reason. ;)

Ha! Glad you liked them. I wrote them all at once for this update, and I was worried that I was slipping into incoherent ramblings near the end. The number of lines per character is not insignificant, and there are only so many bad jokes one can make about rocks, sticks, and trees.

I had originally planned to have WX speak in randomly generated binary, but I realized that nobody would like that. I'm totally making the mime character silent, though. Maybe I'll get Alex to animate some little miming routines that he can string together instead of talking.

• Like 1

Ha! Glad you liked them. I wrote them all at once for this update, and I was worried that I was slipping into incoherent ramblings near the end. The number of lines per character is not insignificant, and there are only so many bad jokes one can make about rocks, sticks, and trees.

I had originally planned to have WX speak in randomly generated binary, but I realized that nobody would like that. I'm totally making the mime character silent, though. Maybe I'll get Alex to animate some little miming routines that he can string together instead of talking.

Haha, you guys crack me up. xD And the mime plan sounds genius! I'm excited just hearing you confirm to putting him in in the future, let alone mime routines!!

Well that will make for one very unique experience.

Wow,awesome how you wrote all the lines at once ^^ A nice way to activate your inner creativity,to keep the lines ongoing and not dull.

The mime sounds interesting,with his lack of speech(captain obvious alert),and possible miming routines.Somehow I think the mime will be released with sanity,and that he will be less sensitive for sanity-draining events(When mime no-one can hear you scream),as he won't be scared that easily,and might have problems expressing his scaredness through complex mime moves :D

Can Wx78 please do a robot dance when he is idle for too long? :D

By then, hounds would be chewing his steam-punky butt. :p

Anyway, I'm looking forward to have more content, this game is already far too interesting!

Aww, I'm looking forward for that too, mate!