As for Wx78

Automatically aggros beefalos is going to make it very hard to play as him without switching character.

I didnt watch the video closely but I didnt see what his perk was? I imagine it would have to be something pretty good to counter that negative and make him a viable character for long term survival?

Turning off my thinking brain for a second I however discovered this secondary thought hidden beneath the uberleethaxorprosniper in me that said:

PRO STEAMPUNK ROBOT THING MUST PLAY AWESOME YES FOREVER LOVER

Not entirely sure what it means, but hey there you go.

As form me, I am a chronic procrastinator as far as updates are concerned.... on purpose. I like to see what kind of bugs get introduced first. I don't want to be stuck with an invisible tree guard or anything that could really hurt the game play. But even if I were to update, I would have to die first before getting to try WX78, and I'm on day 457 right now so I really don't want to die just to get to a new character. I have only played as Wilson so far.

But I certainly need to get more feedback and details about the update before I move onto it. I might just end up waiting until the first official out-of-beta gets released before I update.

Automatically aggros beefalos is going to make it very hard to play as him without switching character.

I didnt watch the video closely but I didnt see what his perk was? I imagine it would have to be something pretty good to counter that negative and make him a viable character for long term survival?

Turning off my thinking brain for a second I however discovered this secondary thought hidden beneath the uberleethaxorprosniper in me that said:

PRO STEAMPUNK ROBOT THING MUST PLAY AWESOME YES FOREVER LOVER

Not entirely sure what it means, but hey there you go.

his perk is that he can consume spoiled food with no negitive effects

I'm sure I should see the full details of the update before I comment, but if they made food spoilage but then being able to get around it using a robot, I will be very sad.

Immune to food spoilage but he probably doesn't get a lot of benefit from it like regular food, I imagine.

Unless he grows facial hair for effigies..

How can anyone use anything other than Wilson until late game/tents become an option?

I prefer to play as Willow. I just avoid things I know I can't kill (or I smack spider nests and die a gloriously dumb death) and have one of the pendant things in my bag at all time and toss it on when I get close to dying.

Basically, you learn to adapt based on the character you prefer.

noooooo!!!!!, there going to come food spoilage !!!!! 10 hours of work for nothing!!!

i Stored about 9 chest of food full of stacks of berries and seeds and morsels..

Remember, also, that if you want Chester in your world you're going to have to make a whole new one. So it wouldn't matter how much food you currently have stocked up, you're going to have to start over anyways; unless of course you don't care about not having him in your game, then you wont have to, but your food's still going to spoil....It's the name of the game (literally), I'm afraid.