Ideally, what do you take through to a new world

On 1.05.2016 at 6:50 AM, hyiltiz said:

If you are talking about Mods (like that!), you better just generate a new world, then just use console to get all you want.

What's the point of the game then?

I've just did a world hop.
I was playing Wes (previously Wendy, but Wes came from Shipwrecked and Wendy vanished). Finally decided to jump world, I was too lazy to explore caves & ruins x3 - well, I cleared one of the caves of everything and had summer base there, I even got Guardian Horn. But, merging save with SW just reseted caves. It pissed me of, I had something like 40 beeboxes there (seriously).
And you know what? Now, the second world is generated like vanilla world - pig king village is in regular forest, there is no deciduous forest, no desert, not a sibgle birchnut. But there are glaciers and moleworms, and RoG seasons. Weird. And I'm even more pissed off, because I found a tallfort, my previous world had only 2 tallbird nests.

Okay, here is what I taken:

Spoiler

8X5B5sS.jpg

I decided to play WX-78. I used all the telelocator staves to get myself SYSTEM OVERLOAD for something like 30 days. I discovered all map (edges) in 5 days.

Oh, something I forgot. After world hop, there was a day 30 (but first day of autumn). A pack of 10 hounds attacked me instantly. Wtf. Is it normal?

EDIT:

Omg I forgot Guardian's Horn. Nooes ;-;
If you can help me, look here! 

Simple

For starters the high class stuff I made throughout the world. Stuff like Moggles, Walking cane and the likes so my start is a lot easier (specialy the cane). As for Backpacks actually if i Worldhop I tend to take the piggyback or the Krampus sack (if i ever had one to beginn with I think I've never spawned a Krampus naturally ever.)

Then Materials for my starting base so mostly gold since wood and rocks are plentyfull anyway. If i have acces to them I also take most if not all my gems and Nightmarefuel aswell as some living logs with me or at least a stack each so I can create the magical items asap.

A Sewing Kit is also nessesary for me just so my Moggles don't break on me while I use them (sometimes even 2 but 1 normally lasts long enought till you can make a new one).

Otherwise I take stuff that helps me build a good base quickly so stuff like Pig Skin and Bunny Puffs for the respective houses as well as some Gears for Iceboxes and maybe a Flingo (although I tend to not make those early on). Maybe some Lureplants and Spidereggs if i can fit them but

I think it's easier to say what i tend to avoid and that's mostly simple stuff like tools, flints etc because natural ressources are everywhere anyway so I see no point in taking stuff with me I can easily get 5 minutes into a new world. Basicly whenever I worldhop I take stuff with me I can't easily get in large quantities early on in a new world so my earlygame is a lot more smooth on my behalf.

You now can sew the Moggles? Oh snap!

BTW, I strongly discourage taking over anything easily renewable (pig butts, nmf, living logs and even golds). Take rare gems if you have (yellow, green etc.), turf, honeycombs, tufts/roots.

17 hours ago, Grzemek said:

What's the point of the game then?

Yeah, so don't use Mods that simply breaks game balance. Even Always On Status provides extra information, which essentially changes gameplay, though it changes no game mechanic. Changing game mechanic as that one is simply not acceptable; you could simply use console for that.

2 hours ago, hyiltiz said:

Yeah, so don't use Mods that simply breaks game balance. Even Always On Status provides extra information, which essentially changes gameplay, though it changes no game mechanic. Changing game mechanic as that one is simply not acceptable; you could simply use console for that.

Always on status mods says what temperature you are right? That's already a game changer. You can just go to your base when your temperature is getting low/high.

6 hours ago, hyiltiz said:

BTW, I strongly discourage taking over anything easily renewable (pig butts, nmf, living logs and even golds). Take rare gems if you have (yellow, green etc.), turf, honeycombs, tufts/roots.

I mostly do that because 9/10 I have a lot of them anyway and I'm to lazy to farm them up again so I might aswell just take them with me to make good use of them.

Even then having a bit of Pigskin on you is actually usefull because it allows you to easily farm more skin without having to search for other pigs/pigheads cause if you take all the mats for the Research Staions with you you can build new houses pretty quickly.

Also I don't see a reason to take tufts and the likes with me. Again new worlds already generate a bunch of that stuff anyway so why would I need to take it with me? Specialy because they only stack to 10 and I can use that space for something better like Hounds Teeth for Toothtraps or new Sewing Kits once my innitial is used up.

Archived