Why do jungle trees not have a treeguard?

Evergreens have a treeguard.

Birchnuts have a treeguard.

Palms have a treeguard.

Even the lumpy trees have a treeguard

But not jungle. Why? That makes no sense from a consistency standpoint. They are by far the most resourceful tree in the game providing both wood and food used for good crockpot recipes, yet there's no treeguard for them. That means if your tree farm is just jungle trees there's no threat other than the occasional snakes that are basically free monster meat for your crockpot recipes. 

I like Shipwrecked and all, but inconsistencies like this are just odd. It's up there with Water Beefalo not having baby versions.

18 minutes ago, Nitenfreak83 said:

Should there be a mangrove treeguard? Cause if so, it could be just like birchnut treeguards, but in water.

Mangroves are a bit different since they can't be replanted and regrow on their own. Could be interesting though.

39 minutes ago, Nitenfreak83 said:

Should there be a mangrove treeguard? Cause if so, it could be just like birchnut treeguards, but in water.

I'm sorry mangrove? You mean the trees which have 0 unique properties? The ones who are essentially jesus trees, but intended?

30 minutes ago, NoQuitting said:

Jungle trees are the only trees that spawn snakes and poison snakes.

What are as dangerous as a pillow. Seriously a snake will at max get you once or twice after chopping a Jungletree after that they are a minor inconvenience or even better a balanced part of the everyday Breakfast with all those bananas and eggs you will get from Chopping.

Fact is Jungletrees despite being one of the farmable trees (as in one you can planz yourself to keep tje population going) has no Treeguard equivalent when every other tree that cam be farmed does what is inconsistent and makes jungletrees superior to others since they give the same woodpayout alongside food without the worries of Treeguards.

I'm not too bothered about it. The time wasted by my pigs killing snakes every other tree is roughly equal to that wasted when I kill a treeguard if you add it all up. 

I do see where you're coming from though, especially when jungle trees drop food items as well as logs. I'd rather a large snake, as other people have suggested, that has a low chance to spawn rather than an actual treeguard because the whole idea of trees coming to life and attacking you has gotten old pretty quickly. It could make farming for snakeskin more interesting too, and may be a nice equivalent to the Varg as a mini-boss.

3 hours ago, DangWoodchuck said:

We're all forgetting something... Spiky trees don't have treeguards either... A prickly foe, maybe?

Spikey trees only drop twigs most of the time rather than logs, and also aren't renewable. So they're not very resourceful outside of adventure mode.

Archived