Doydoy

Doydoy  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Should more Doydoy be allowed in the game to start?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Should the Doydoy cap be raised from 20?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. If yes, by how many?

• 20 more
    • 40 more
    • 60 more
    • 80 more
    • I said no

Hello all,

Seeing as Shipwrecked introduced many new species into the game, I wanted to explore the world and find each of them. I did so, and I found that I really enjoyed the doydoy in the game. Despite being ravenous eaters of anything edible - except honey for some reason - I find them useful because of their lack of aggression.

I attracted a few into my base with some spare berries. Once inside, I sealed off the wall. I break down the haywall barrier every other night to drop a few berry stacks inside the pen while they sleep. After two weeks, three turned into five. Then five turned into eight - which is what I have now. They stopped breeding however. Looking into it, I found that the game has a cap of twenty doydoy. Why is this? They are a very good creature for husbandry within Don't Starve. The cap seems limiting, but that's because I find them useful rather than a wild, food-eating nuisance.

56f55f29e7245_Doydoyfarm.thumb.jpg.00e36

[I just harvested some ratatouille... even the wild birds came for it]

What do you all think? Should there be more doydoy allowed in the game? I feel once Don't Starve Together allows for Shipwrecked worlds to be explored and settled by multiple people that only two starting doydoy on separate islands along with a cap of just twenty birds makes them only a nuisance creature

The point of DoyDoys is that there aren't meant to be many of them.

Although I voted for the herd limit to be increased, this is only because there's no reason given right now for only 20 being able to exist.

They could make DoyDoys slowly die out when there are over 20 from starvation to keep their numbers fairly steady, rather than just having a swarm of over 40. This would obviously be preventable by giving them a food source; 1 berry bush per 4 DoyDoys maybe.

11 hours ago, LordBrycen said:

ravenous eaters of anything edible

In the case of doydoys, this is a very broad concept. They will eat literally anything, except doydoy eggs (raw or cooked). They have preferences however, and won't go after everything.

They won't eat boat lanterns. 

If you want more, take a pair into the volcano. Because it's a separate world, you can raise another flock of 20 there. But be sure to pen them or they'll eat any minerals they find on the ground. The flock will also come in handy for feather sacrifices in the summer.

6 minutes ago, Rellimarual said:

They won't eat boat lanterns. 

If you want more, take a pair into the volcano. Because it's a separate world, you can raise another flock of 20 there. But be sure to pen them or they'll eat any minerals they find on the ground. The flock will also come in handy for feather sacrifices in the summer.

TECHNICALLY, one can have 160 doydoys.

20 in each ruin and 20 in each cave in rog/vanilla, 20 in the overworld, 20 in shipwrecked, 20 in volcano.

20 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

TECHNICALLY, one can have 160 doydoys.

20 in each ruin and 20 in each cave in rog/vanilla, 20 in the overworld, 20 in shipwrecked, 20 in volcano.

TECHNICALLY, one can have infinite doydoys.

Put two into the volcano and when they reach 20 bring 18 back. Having more than 20 doydoys outside of the volcano wont prevent the ones in the volcano from multiplying.

Archived