Cheap Workarounds

2 hours ago, Gelatous said:

Here's a fairly broken command, not sure if it's been patched yet but it probably needs to be: ThePlayer:PushEvent("nightvision", true) will let you see in the dark (you will still be attacked by Charlie) but it does basically give you molevision as long as you are holding a torch.

Does this work for multiplayer servers if you are not host? (Can't test it myself atm)

24 minutes ago, Sheauwn said:

Does this work for multiplayer servers if you are not host? (Can't test it myself atm)

It's been a while since I've played DST, but the last time I used the command it would work anywhere even if you weren't hosting.

On 2016/4/3 at 1:29 PM, GangStarrWoWp said:

Dealing with Deerclops and Bearger is extremely simple if you have 2 treeguards somewhere nearby, most of the time even 1 is enough but I make sure I have at least 2 TGs at all times. Make the seasonal monster damage a treeguard with his AoE and then watch the two fight it out.

Also a really easy way to get rid of the Мoose/Goose and Moslings is to walk over to them when it's raining frogs (It usually rains frogs at least once every spring). Good way to get rid of the Goose and Moslings as well as stack up on froglegs without having to deal with the frogs directly.

Or, if you don't have any TG around, just make the seasonal boss knock down some trees, then TG will likely spawn. Besides, free wood is free wood, not to mention how fast it comes. 

Get some ice, a torch, a weapon, and find a bee-hive during the day.

Set the hive on fire, this gets all the bees out (though not as killer bees).  Then extinguish it with the ice.  Now attack the hive with your weapon, there are no bees in the hive so it should just die and you should take no damage.

Gather honey + honey comb.

Bonus points for having a net and catching four bees + six butterflies at which point setting up a new bee-box is a triviality.

17 minutes ago, absimiliard said:

Get some ice, a torch, a weapon, and find a bee-hive during the day.

Set the hive on fire, this gets all the bees out (though not as killer bees).  Then extinguish it with the ice.  Now attack the hive with your weapon, there are no bees in the hive so it should just die and you should take no damage.

Gather honey + honey comb.

Bonus points for having a net and catching four bees + six butterflies at which point setting up a new bee-box is a triviality.

For me it's the best workaround for now, haven't know about this! Thanks :)

Again, I don't know if it can be called an exploit but today my friend found a tip to capture rabbits : dig a hole at night, the rabbit will flee and fall asleep. Just drop a trap on it and it will be captured. I guess that it's also possible to use the pan flute during the day to catch a lot of rabbit rapidly.

i guess this use to be a duplication exploit of when caves were on a separate server (required 2 people) so what you would do is have whatever you want duplicated sit out for a day or 2 then have your partner take them all into caves then roll back the over world  all the stuff your partner took will be back in the over world and he will still have it in his inventory... this is just random things i found while playing on dedicated servers and would get duplicate panflutes after a griefer would burn the base

@Bahlsen:  If you place your trap right over the rabbit hole -- done by putting your cursor over it and moving it down until you can drop the trap -- when the rabbit comes out of the hole at the start of a new day it will be automatically trapped.  No bait required, and no digging up of rabbit-holes required either.  (which is good as they don't respawn)

Archived