More obsidian tools

What would an obsidian shovel do? The only thing that takes multiple digs is magma piles, and personally, I'd use my dragoon hearts on more useful tools. Obsidian pickaxe, too, doesn't seem worth it for how quickly and infrequently you have to mine rocks.

Just now, WillPwn4Food said:

What would an obsidian shovel do? The only thing that takes multiple digs is magma piles, and personally, I'd use my dragoon hearts on more useful tools. Obsidian pickaxe, too, doesn't seem worth it for how quickly and infrequently you have to mine rocks.

But you use shovels quite a lot, right? For digging up stumps and sand.

On a separate note, does the obsidian spear still ignite enemies? Because if so, that certainly needs to be changed.

3 minutes ago, DeputyDeath said:

But you use shovels quite a lot, right? For digging up stumps and sand.

On a separate note, does the obsidian spear still ignite enemies? Because if so, that certainly needs to be changed.

Well, yes I use shovels a lot. But if I need more uses, I can just craft a luxury shovel. Obsidian tools are supposed to have more uses AND be more effective. I don't see how the shovel can be made more effective.

Sort of. If you let it charge all the way up, yes it still ignites enemies. Otherwise, it is safe to use. I typically use it for obsidian spearguns to one shot sharks

1 hour ago, WillPwn4Food said:

Well, yes I use shovels a lot. But if I need more uses, I can just craft a luxury shovel. Obsidian tools are supposed to have more uses AND be more effective. I don't see how the shovel can be made more effective.

Sort of. If you let it charge all the way up, yes it still ignites enemies. Otherwise, it is safe to use. I typically use it for obsidian spearguns to one shot sharks

Woo! Now I can actually start crafting them again!

If there was to be an obsidian shovel, I can see your point about it being useless. Huh. Maybe just make it have the same or higher durability than the regal shovel? IDFK.

16 hours ago, DeputyDeath said:

Woo! Now I can actually start crafting them again!

If there was to be an obsidian shovel, I can see your point about it being useless. Huh. Maybe just make it have the same or higher durability than the regal shovel? IDFK.

They won't ignite stuff in Hurricane Season, even if you use them like crazy, they won't heat up.

4 hours ago, HeilerderWelten said:

They won't ignite stuff in Hurricane Season, even if you use them like crazy, they won't heat up.

Before, obsidian spears would ignite stuff regardless of their 'heat', and I was just wondering whether that was still the case.

I know that they don't ignite stuff in hurricane season, but I don't see the point of using something for just 1 season each year.

21 minutes ago, DeputyDeath said:

Before, obsidian spears would ignite stuff regardless of their 'heat', and I was just wondering whether that was still the case.

I know that they don't ignite stuff in hurricane season, but I don't see the point of using something for just 1 season each year.

You can hack more than enough bamboo and vines for the rest of the year in hurricane season, or just chop trees until you have 300 logs, it is insanely fast with obsidian tools, or you do all of that outside of hurricane season and waste 20% of the time with your obsidian tools cooling down or igniting everything...or craft more than 1 obsidian tool of the same kind, let one cool down and use the other one.

On 3/21/2016 at 10:13 PM, Pandapanda80 said:

The game needs obsidian pickaxes and shovels to meet our needs

That would be completely useless, what we really need is obsidian pitchforks and obsidian razors. But I'll capitulate once they add obsidian pitchforks then we can add more useless tools such as your "obsidian pickaxe".

Archived