Been a reeaaaal long time since we got story updates.

I wonder where it is going to continue.

I feel like there is going to be a bit more context as to what how Shipwrecked happens, but it seems kind of non-canon. I doubt the main game will get another random update/dlc for a while (if ever), and I don't know if Klei would want to continue some of the story stuff in DST.

I mean, considering Maxwell isn't in DST yet they are probably going to do stuff there, but I still kind of hope they keep story stuff for the main game.

DST Story Wise is already taking place pretty much when the "campers" realize there's no way out and a lot of the new features are showing how the DST World focuses much more on the natural aspects of it(The giants acting just like alpha predators of a season and not like they're there to kill you, craftables who ressemble the real world much more, domesticating a wild creature such as a beefalo, etc.).

SW appears to be some kind of a side station. As in, the characters were fooled by Wally to build the Seaworthy, and upon activating it, instead of escaping, they reach Shipwrecked. Finding the Sea Worthy of that world is the only way out(Do notice you can't craft it in SW. It's "against the rules" of that world pretty much). 

14 minutes ago, Lord_Battal said:

I know someone's going to make a joke about this image, so I'll just put it here so it's easier to find.

NOOOOOOOOOOO.png.cb6508f2344930b96f3c7af

I just saved you 20 minutes of scrolling through Maxwell "fanart".

Wasn't there a thread where people were photoshopping that picture? It was absolutely magical.

Archived