What did I avoid?

Hi!

It is my first playthrough with RoG DLC. I'm playing Woodie and I've got a quote that made me wonder what danger I avoided. I was in a swamp (I don't know it that matters...) in spring. I wondered a few times if there was something going on since I was hearing some sounds a little bit different but didn't check really if there was something around. To avoid tentacles, I was always moving, collecting reed meanwhile, and at one point, Woodie said "It is passed for now".

What was out there?

• Developer

@Jouishy, I really don't know what just happened with you in the swamp, but yes, there's a way to get the flower as Woodie, although a bit risky...

Plant a meat bulb near the statue. It'll eat the flower come full moon. Then, just kill the bulb and it'll drop the flower on the ground.

There's literally no such statement in the speech files, not even the SW ones. The best I could find (and I have also checked the default Wilson speech) was Woodie's inspection of koalefant tracks: "A large woodland creature passed this way!"

Are you playing with mods?

I play with mods, but only mods that affects ressources regen or interface (craft bushes being the exception; otherwise, I have Mushroom and reeds respawner, meteors, respawnable rocks, minimap hud, combined status, wormhole marks, where's my beefalo, backpack and amulet slot, display food value and smart crockpot). I may have misquoted, but this was approximately what he said, but well, I guess I'll never know. :-/

Thanks for your answers.

I have a small question and I don't want to launch a new topic for that, so : I'm playing Wigfried and I've just realized that I can't knock unconcious moleworm with hammer : I kill them. So how can I capture them (to make a rain hat) ?

2 hours ago, Jouishy said:

I have a small question and I don't want to launch a new topic for that, so : I'm playing Wigfried and I've just realized that I can't knock unconcious moleworm with hammer : I kill them. So how can I capture them (to make a rain hat) ?

Can't you just pick them up when they're unconcious?

I don't play with the caves for now.

But I guess all your answers means, roughtly : you can't.

I've solved the "problem" using a umbrella instead of a rain hat. That's not as convenient, but that's fine.

Thanks for your answers.

On 3/24/2016 at 5:45 AM, Jouishy said:

I've solved the "problem" using a umbrella instead of a rain hat. That's not as convenient, but that's fine.

Thanks for your answers.

It happened to me as well, but then i tried to do it at night, and it worked!

Enjoying my moggles!

On March 24, 2016 at 7:15 PM, Jouishy said:

Thanks for your answers.

Are you right clicking or using the attack button "F"? F will strike them like you would with a spear. Hammering will do a work type of action, which knocks them unconscious without affecting their health.

17 hours ago, WillPwn4Food said:

Are you right clicking or using the attack button "F"? F will strike them like you would with a spear. Hammering will do a work type of action, which knocks them unconscious without affecting their health.

I have a mod that adds health bars; whacking them definitely affects their health.  Sometimes they get hit by falling rocks before I can whack them, so I carry mosquito sacks in the caves so I can heal them.

Archived