Packim Baggims NEEDS a Speed Buff

As pretty much everyone who met Packim know, he can't catch up to you most of the time at least.

Now, it would have been okay-ish if he didn't just suddenly stop when you're too far from him. Chester didn't stop, so whenever you did stop to camp for the night, he would eventually find you. 

There's also the solution of making him scale to your speed, and making him teleport when he's too far.

But whatever solution is chosen, Packim needs to be fixed. I took Chester with me whenever I needed to travel, but Packim is litearly the opposite. You end up making him fire packim, leaving him in one place, and never taking him with you. 

12 minutes ago, PanAzej said:

Agreed.

Just agreed, no more needs to be said. Hopefully we get this next update. And damn fix to RoG mods.

I really hope they're not gonna be wraping up SW too soon. I mean, you can't deny there's a lot of balancing and bug fixes left to be done, not to mention Sea Combat being...horrible. 

5 minutes ago, AnonymousKoala said:

I really hope they're not gonna be wraping up SW too soon. I mean, you can't deny there's a lot of balancing and bug fixes left to be done, not to mention Sea Combat being...horrible. 

Yeah, but mainly fixes...

It's sooo buggy when you world hop. You can crash in so many ways.

Balancing? Not sure about it right now, but sure. I haven't played SW a lot lately, but better balance is always welcome...

I'm still kinda disappointed that we got mostly reskins of the main game. Monkey reskins, pigman reskins, merm reskins, and all that stuff. No adventure mode. 

It's still a nice game, though. I'll play more of it, when it doesn't crash every 15 minutes.

9 minutes ago, PanAzej said:

Yeah, but mainly fixes...

It's sooo buggy when you world hop. You can crash in so many ways.

Balancing? Not sure about it right now, but sure. I haven't played SW a lot lately, but better balance is always welcome...

I'm still kinda disappointed that we got mostly reskins of the main game. Monkey reskins, pigman reskins, merm reskins, and all that stuff. No adventure mode. 

It's still a nice game, though. I'll play more of it, when it won't be crashing every 15 minutes.

A lot of the reskins for mobs(If not all of them) at least get some extra, new, cool ability.

Like, Boars aggro when you're just near them for too long, monkeys steal from the ground and cant open containers, unlike splumonkeys(as well as are befriendable), fishermerms are passive and are in fact great allies, crabs turn into shifting sands, etc.

Reskins of craftables though pretty much end up as reskins, or a lesser version, which I am less of a fan of. 

IDK, Packim has a lot of advantages as well as being a loyal and durable combat partner when fed enough obsidian... I just think the current buffs he has is already good and balanced...

Pros

1. Can go on both land and sea
  2. Is a moving storage unit
  3. can be upgraded to either
    1. a moving storage unit with more inv. space than usual
    2. a storage unit that can engage in combat

Cons

1. Eats fish based food items
  2. Cooks raw food (which is a bit of a neutral perk?) and burns cooked foods to ashes
  3. Being upgraded to having extra inventory slots requires a constant fish supply (which is really not that hard to get)
  4. Gets dumbfounded and stays put when losing sight of his precious fishbone when the player as upped his speed by means of a Walking Cane and/or Shark Fin Hat(I keep forgetting what it's called)

But, there is a mod out there that can mitigate this for players who do not want to keep leaving Packim behind:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=598101903&searchtext=packim

Basically, you can give a suitable fish item to the Fish Bone and Packim will be teleported to your location with a "poof"

hope this alleviates the stress of losing him :)

What's strange is that when I'm sailing on coffee he keeps up no problem... I don't understand how his tracking lua works but there's something fishy going on.

Blasting off with an armoured boat, walking cane, and coffee while riding waves all the way to my destination, I always can count on him to arrive shortly after. When mild season rolls around and I'm sailing at non-wreckless speeds again, though, he literally ALWAYS gets left behind. I don't get it.

Can confirm that packim teleport mod is a great one

7 hours ago, AnonymousKoala said:

Now, it would have been okay-ish if he didn't just suddenly stop when you're too far from him. Chester didn't stop, so whenever you did stop to camp for the night, he would eventually find you. 

I'm not sure about anyone else, but Chester stops for me when I get too far away from him (which tends to happen when I'm using a Walking Cane). It happens a lot, and it's incredibly frustrating to have to either halt my progress to wait for him to catch up, or backtrack to pick him up when he stops.

Archived