[Game Update] - 165861

I'm probably just a complete noob, but after opting into the cavespreview beta branch I don't seem to have access to the pre-configured dedicated server tool anymore through Steam.

Is this intended?  Or am I just missing how to access the pre-config dedicated servers w/out going through Steam?

Hey @leonseye after I opted into the cavespreview beta branch for the Don't Starve Together game client, I can still start up my Preconfigured Dedicated Servers through Steam's Tools category under the Library Tab. The cavespreview only affects the game client as stated in the original post of this thread "Please note that we are testing this beta branch on the game client only first, and not the dedicated server tool.

Even though we can start up the Preconfigured Dedicated Servers Tool through Steam, we won't be able to join our own preconfigured dedicated servers in-game and play in it because the game client is now under the cavespreview beta branch which is an entirely different build compared to the preconfigured dedicated server. 

Simply put, you should still be able to open up your preconfigured dedicated server through steam>library>tools but you won't be able to join your preconfigured dedicated server if your Don't Starve Together game-client is already under the cavespreview beta branch.

Lastly, I'm not entirely sure that answers your question though so please do clarify what you are asking. If you somehow lost the tool, simply downloading it again should work. Anyway, let me know if any of the stuff I mentioned above answered your question or not.

Cheers.

7 hours ago, Zillvr said:

Hey @leonseye after I opted into the cavespreview beta branch for the Don't Starve Together game client, I can still start up my Preconfigured Dedicated Servers through Steam's Tools category under the Library Tab. The cavespreview only affects the game client as stated in the original post of this thread "Please note that we are testing this beta branch on the game client only first, and not the dedicated server tool.

Even though we can start up the Preconfigured Dedicated Servers Tool through Steam, we won't be able to join our own preconfigured dedicated servers in-game and play in it because the game client is now under the cavespreview beta branch which is an entirely different build compared to the preconfigured dedicated server. 

Simply put, you should still be able to open up your preconfigured dedicated server through steam>library>tools but you won't be able to join your preconfigured dedicated server if your Don't Starve Together game-client is already under the cavespreview beta branch.

Lastly, I'm not entirely sure that answers your question though so please do clarify what you are asking. If you somehow lost the tool, simply downloading it again should work. Anyway, let me know if any of the stuff I mentioned above answered your question or not.

Cheers.

Thanks @Zillvr, that answers my question perfectly.  : )  I had just forgotten that I need to click "Games" in the Library tab to switch the view to Tools to access the preconfig servers.  So basically, I did just noob it up, lol.

As I understand what you've written here, if I opt out of the cavespreview beta branch, I should be able to play on the dedicated server w/ my fiance.  Is that correct?

Edited by leonseye

@leonseye Correct, opting out of the cavespreview beta branch for the DST game client will allow you go join your preconfigured dedicated server again. You can also select the Installed category under Library in your Steam client so all your installed games and tools are listed in the column.

Good luck and have fun, cheers.

I don't know if this is intentional because it is still in the game but when i enter the caves, the point of view will change to a lot closer than "default point of view"

I also remember for a while we could scroll POV a lot further in caves than we can now - i think it was same distance as "default overworld POV" and i really liked it .)

@PeterA I'm sorry, but seems like you guys still didn't catch an invisible werebeaver... He seems to be slipping out from your hands every time!

so yeah, I know I should have logs with this, but i don't =/ sorry. Here is some pointers though:

- randomed Woody, random clothes;
- on my non-beta server, survival default settings, worldgen: starting location = caves, world size = huge, boons = often;
- happened in overworld within first days (1-10) of server, only happened once (first time), 2nd and 3rd times he was visible.

• Like 1

Ok thanks for the reply V2C, since I sent my last message to this thread I followed the other members of the community and posted cavespreview related bugs into the bug tracker then adding [cavespreview] to the title. Here are some links to a few that I posted:

I'll be sure to post here again if I find anything else. cheers!