Harder, not easier, to play characters?

It seems all the characters have some trait or other that is going to be helpful. How about adding at least one character who is going to be harder, and not easier, to play? Someone with traits that won't help him to survive. On the contrary, he gets into trouble just by being himself. I would love to try and survive with a character who struggles. (But is so clueless, he doesn't think he's struggling. ;-) )

I put this together very quickly:

post-7347-13764590259649_thumb.jpg

His name is Woffles. And this is all the information you get. When you play him, you'll realize he's so clumsy, all his tools don't last as long as they should. When he wields a hammer, he smashes half of the deconstructed items. Cooking with a crockpot, he gets more wet goop. His chests fall apart after a week. And because he lacks diplomacy, pigs follow him for only half a day. Or not at all on some days.

Yeah. He's the Hard Mode version. :lol:

I think it would be great to have optional, downloadable characters who make it more challenging to play the game. On the technical side, I don't know if this would be a total nightmare to implement and so is actually a terrible idea. :???:

I think a hard mode character is a good idea, but this seems a bit tedious. Having items break faster or making more wet goop would just be irritating, and I can't imagine that you would play him more than once. I just think there could be something more creative that was hard to play, but also made the game exciting and interesting. For example, a vampire (although I don't want a vampire in the game, it's just the only example I can think of). The vampire's health would slowly decrease in the day time unless wearing a hat (which he would spawn with). They wouldn't be able to eat food, but would instead have to directly feed off animals by drinking their blood. On some nights, they would turn into a bat which would have very low health, but could see in the dark. I don't know, something like that would be more interesting I think.

Well I personally consider Wendy as the "Hard mode" character. Abigail is hardly useful and she generally hurts you more often than the enemies. But that's why I love playing with her :D

Exactly, why not add more drawbacks to existing characters rather than loading them all on the same character? maybe make Wolfgang consume more materials building or make willow have less health? well that's my two cents :D