Warly's new recipes

Mueck

Click here for Warly's new recipes. I will add more when I find them.

I try to do this without code digging ;)

Spoiler

Mussel Bouillabaise! Made with two mussels and two seaweed.

Bouillabaise.jpg.f64af779f606fcd0f6fe1f4

Fresh Fruit Crepes! Made with two bananas, butter and honey.

Crepes.jpg.3ddab38b0d71ceecb497bdaeacc1d

Monster Tartare! Made with two monster meat, an egg and a sweet potato.

Tartare.jpg.349f291c67d8e079544fbb751e18

Sweet Potato Souffle! Made with two sweet potatoes and two eggs.

Souffle.jpg.ecbf32df9edd49a7ba583d327455

5 minutes ago, SapphireBullets said:

Interesting! Have you tried for Fish and Chips yet?

(2 Sweet Potato, 2 Fish, I'd guess.)

I tried, but sadly it just turned into meatballs.

I am still trying to find something new though. ;)

4 hours ago, SuperPsiPower said:

As a chef, its common to know indepth recipes your local Gentlemen Scientists or Firestarters wouldnt know. It kinda makes him unique in a way.. :D 

Really? So you think it is logical that a kid or monkey know how to make lobster dinner? Just face it: Characters don't know what they cook.

3 hours ago, Chris1488 said:

56d0eaf96f0d5_No2.gif.7806dcd58c15e71f5e

So you don't want this food, that doesn't have any sense being locked, be locked for one character when It could benefit and make cooking more interesting for everyone? 

7 hours ago, HaloUsagi said:

I dont think so, thats make him special i like it 

That is ehh way to make him special.  We have dozens of meals and now Warly got only five. Besides, cooking is an interesting process, I think everyones should have full potential for it.

6 minutes ago, mitboy said:

So you don't want this food, that doesn't have any sense being locked, be locked for one character when It could benefit and make cooking more interesting for everyone?

No, because I like characters to have diversity; something that makes them different from everyone else. And Warly being a 5 star chef, should be the only one to know how to make these top quality foods.

Besides, you already made a mod adding the recipes for everybody else. :T  (also off topic, but nice homestuck pic)

19 minutes ago, Chris1488 said:

No, because I like characters to have diversity; something that makes them different from everyone else. And Warly being a 5 star chef, should be the only one to know how to make these top quality foods. (also off topic, but nice homestuck pic)

Characters usually have different style of playing. And yes, he is a 5 star chef, that's why his food gives him more health and other stuff. Another way is to give him ability to see what he will cook, like in smart crock pot mod. That also makes sense for the chef. However, I believe locking some recipes for him makes as much sense as the fact that in this case, all other characters from different parts of the worlds, for whatever reason know same recipes.

59 minutes ago, mitboy said:

Characters usually have different style of playing. And yes, he is a 5 star chef, that's why his food gives him more health and other stuff. Another way is to give him ability to see what he will cook, like in smart crock pot mod. That also makes sense for the chef. However, I believe locking some recipes for him makes as much sense as the fact that in this case, all other characters from different parts of the worlds, for whatever reason know same recipes.

It's more needed on Warly since he is penalized for eating the same food over and over again, so more diversity in his recipes makes more sense than any other character.

5 hours ago, mitboy said:

Really? So you think it is logical that a kid or monkey know how to make lobster dinner? Just face it: Characters don't know what they cook.

Since when has Don't Starve ever been logical?

Spoiler

Besides the wacky things you could do as Wilbur. Poop throwing galore.

I stated that Warly should KNOW these recipes because he is an adept chef, showing superiority over what the others can do. Klei and Capy are trying to make people want to play Warly. Outside of having a portable crockpot, and eating habits. What is so fun about him? He may as well be Wicker 2.0 with those eating habits :p 

4 hours ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

It's more needed on Warly since he is penalized for eating the same food over and over again, so more diversity in his recipes makes more sense than any other character.

What the problem in having diversity for every character?

4 hours ago, Weirdobob said:

But it's not the ingredients, it's the cookware itself.

What's so special about his cookware? 

34 minutes ago, SuperPsiPower said:

Since when has Don't Starve ever been logical?

Reveal hidden contents

Besides the wacky things you could do as Wilbur. Poop throwing galore.

I stated that Warly should KNOW these recipes because he is an adept chef, showing superiority over what the others can do. Klei and Capy are trying to make people want to play Warly. Outside of having a portable crockpot, and eating habits. What is so fun about him? He may as well be Wicker 2.0 with those eating habits :p 

Aside from locking meals for no reason, it's seemed to me pretty logical balance-wise and gameplay.

Superiority in having 5 extra recipes? I could see superiority in having exta buffs for existing foods, or being able to know what he will cook before seeing ingridients. But just 5 dishes? Then we could as well add to other characters some uniquie dishes. I mean, they must know some recipies, they came from different parts of the world.

21 minutes ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

But then Warly himself loses diversity when everyone else can use the recipes. 

True. It must mean that he should have something more unique that could not be shared with other characters. 

Archived