2 Suggestions on Hounds and Krampus (when they appear)

So I have been having some problems deciphering the sounds when these two mobs are introduced onto the map, here are my suggestions to make them a bit more clear.

Hounds:

For hounds I have trouble deciphering their sound from my science machine very easily, the grinding and huffing sound rather similar to me and I have to turn the volume way up just to figure out if hounds are coming. It would be nice if their current sound was punctuated by an occasional howling.

Krampus:

I still do not know the sound that introduces Krampus and I've no idea where I really am on summoning him. So I am thinking maybe a visual que along with the sound. Like when you kill an animal a black aura surrounds your screen for a moment (like the red one when you're close to a ghost.) Each time you kill an animal the aura slowly turns more and more red until when he spawns it makes a distinct noise while flashing the screens vision red for a moment.

So I have been having some problems deciphering the sounds when these two mobs are introduced onto the map, here are my suggestions to make them a bit more clear.

Hounds:

For hounds I have trouble deciphering their sound from my science machine very easily, the grinding and huffing sound rather similar to me and I have to turn the volume way up just to figure out if hounds are coming. It would be nice if their current sound was punctuated by an occasional howling.

do you stand by the science machine all day?

Krampus:

I still do not know the sound that introduces Krampus and I've no idea where I really am on summoning him. So I am thinking maybe a visual que along with the sound. Like when you kill an animal a black aura surrounds your screen for a moment (like the red one when you're close to a ghost.) Each time you kill an animal the aura slowly turns more and more red until when he spawns it makes a distinct noise while flashing the screens vision red for a moment.

do you stand by the science machine all day?

you woul hear hissing when you killed a certain amount of animals then the hissing gets louder then really soft then he comes

The hounds tend to come at night every time on my map so when it gets dark im in camp sorting through my stuff, so I dont really know they are coming until I start getting the crud beaten out of me.

you most likly hear them at dusk first

Still, I don't think a couple howls is too much to ask.

It's certainly not... and it would make it clearer.

However, as you may recall, weren't the Devs considering adding a visual cue, namely having your character make a comment? This was due to requests from players either without volume or who were deaf, since not hearing the hounds was a serious issue for them.

I havent heard any hissing or whooshes and I killed 4 pigmen and a beefalo trying to find the noise. Is it part of ambient? I have the music and sound effects adjusted maybe it isnt part of the sound effects?

It is a sound effect.Personally I find it strange some people do not hear Krampus' hissing,it get's really loud once you're allmost too naughty.My volume isn't even that high...It does take awhile to actually trigger the noises,due to Krampus being nerfed all the way to being a rare encounter mob..If you're not actively trying to summon him,you should be fine :p