New Structures/Tools etc. for Shipwrecked.

Monolith

6x Cut Stone, 6x Nightmare Fuel 1x Banana. Shadow Manipulator tier.

A tall oblong of absolute black rock. There's a banana balanced on the top of it.

Monkeys nearby will be permanently distracted by this mysterious obelisk, neglecting their normal thieving habits in favour of gathering nearby.

Sometimes they will become hostile to each other.

Generates a fairly potent insanity aura.

Bermuda Shorts

3x Cloth, 3x Grass, 3x Purple Gem Alchemy Machine Tier Dress Tab.

Comfortable semi-formal dress shorts with a triangular belt buckle.

Tier 1 Wetness Resistance, Tier 1 Overheating Resistance, Tier 1 Sanity Regeneration.

Eliminates the sanity loss from using the Electric Isosceles.

Towel

2x Cloth 2x Coconuts. Alchemy Engine Tier Survival Tab.

Gets wetter the more it dries.

20-use item, removes 20% wetness (One level of commentary from characters) but becomes wet itself after usage so it can't be used multiple times.

Wilson will note, somewhat generically "You've always got to know where your towel is."

Wolfgang notes it's "Scratchy."

Willow notes "Great for soaking up gasoline." 

Bucket

4x Logs, 2x Bone Shards. Science Machine Tier Tool Tab.

Bail with your pail!

Infinite use item. Can fill from the sea/incoming tide/floodwaters. In the case of floodwaters, will drain the pool by a little.

Then, with a bucket of water, you can throw it a short distance (Aims like the Silly Monkey Ball) to put the water elsewhere.

You can use this to bail floodwaters out by throwing them over sandbag walls or into the ocean. You can also use it to throw water to extinguish a fire or make something wet.

Webber: "I could turn this upside down and sit on it."

Maxwell: "Manual Labour."

I must say i personally love that monolith idea being space odyssey reference, and it fits the game theme perfectly too (Hey there is still that basalt rock in the game files right, it could be used for it). Anyway in shipwrecked there is much more exploring than in vanilla, and since it is set on some sorts of tropical island i think it would be a decend addition to put in the game some typical explorer gear as it would blend niceley in the theme. Even something like these cliché explorer hats would be welcome or maybe we could finally get some black powder rifles with heavy chance to misfire or not to fire at all to balance things out. Just throwing out some ideas.

What like a Pith Helmet?

Pith Helmet

Shade for the practical adventurer.

1x Straw Hat 2x Cloth 4x Palm Leaves. Alchemy Machine tier.

Provides overheating delay of 120 (On par with Parasol/Umbrella, better than Straw Hat, not as good as Eyebrella.)

I'm not 100% happy because I think there should be some more expensive materials involved but I can't think of a good pith equivalent.

18 minutes ago, SapphireBullets said:

I'm not 100% happy because I think there should be some more expensive materials involved but I can't think of a good pith equivalent.

I'm Agree with you , if its has an "120 delay of overheating" it should have more rare materials.

however it could be an nice idea :) 

Kite

Where did I put my keys?

2x Cloth, 2x Sticks, 2x Electrical Doodad. Alchemy Engine Tier

A kite on a long piece of string (Containing wire) held down by a convenient rock.

Portable, placeable, flies into the air during rain storms.

Attracts lightning like a Lightning Rod and can survive four strikes before turning into ash.

(While looking into real-life lightning conductors I spotted pwhampton suggested something similar back in the RoG days. BipedalBear's mention of Benjamin Franklin prompted the kite idea.)

I've also considered maybe having a Lightning Conductor prow for ships (placed in the Light slot) as an option.

Luxury Yacht

Made with golden nails.

6x Boards, 4x Palm Leaves, 4x Gold. Alchemy Engine Tier, Nautical Tab

Sailing Speed 5 (As Cargo Boat) Durability 250 (As Rowboat)

A boat with gold trimmed edges and a palm-leaf canopy for the sailor.

Grants 120 Overheating Protection, 50% Wetness Protection and +2/min Sanity Regeneration. (All as Tropical/Pretty Parasol.)

Wilson says "The pronounciation has always bugged me."

Maxwell names it "HMS Raymond."

Some good ideas here although i don't really see the point in the kite i mean it's a portable Lightningrod okay but tbh it's far to expensive for the task that you want it to have.

Cause 2 Electrical Doodads is basicly 1 Lightningrod and that has infinite uses but i can't take it anywhere. Also with the Snakeskinhat the Kite becomes pretty useless because at max what happens is that a Lightningstrike will ignite some trees or bushes but you don't take damage from the Bolt itself.

SO basicly the Kite needs to be cheaper or has a lot more durability to be usefull otherwise it's just a big waste of ressources imho.

Hmm, yes. That's a pretty good argument there. Maybe cut the cost to one doodad and make it 10 uses or somesuch?

I try to be cautious in pricing items so as not to make them overpowered.

Also I feel there's a lot of use in a portable lightning rods to avoid having a new base burn down before you can get around to hauling rocks, or to prevent forest fires.

I liked everything but the kite. For me it is useless because I don't usually have trouble with lightning. I think maybe the towel should cost 4 cloth and 10 cut grass...? Because it makes no sense having coconuts, I know that some recipes naturally make no sense, but that's extreme. Also loved the bermuda idea.

Another little use for gears:

Fish Tank

For the invasion of the surface world.

16x Sand, 2x Gears, 4x Limpets. Alchemy Engine tier. Food Tab.

Clear glass tank with a little sand, a couple of limpets stuck to the side and an ornamental castle.

Can be used to keep certain sea creatures alive indefinitely for later use like the existing Bird Cage. This is restricted to sea creatures that can survive in a player's inventory, such as Crabs, Wobsters and Jellyfish.

Archived