Suspect player /!\

I often play on servers (own or hosted) open to public (no password) for sharing, social and fun.
Recently I have been the victim of suspicious behavior with other players on my own server. They are connected to my server and have deliberately set fire to the camp before my eyes several times.
They then pursued by setting fire me everywhere I went. Seeing that I remained calm and courteous, they left me alone and have left my server.

Unfortunately, I did not have the presence of mind to make a screenshot but thanks to history, I had identified the names of the players.
I do not know how to report to the organization of the game directly, which is why I open this topic to report suspicious behavior to "monitor".
In fact, there is no loss of life but it breaks the mood and feel of the game.
Thank you kindly go back this message to the bigboss ...

• Developer

Hey there, @tettm! Welcome to the forums! :D

Well, lots of threads like this one were made before, and, quite frankly, Klei can't do much about this. Although griefing is something everyone'd like to eradicate, almost every online game suffers of it. I'm sure they'll come up with some ideas to stop it, but right now they're focusing in fixing the game's bugs and in taking it out of BETA.

Want a tip? Whenever the player shows suspicious behavior, give them a warning, and if they do grief, ban them from your server.

You could also use anti-griefing mods, like FireWall (AntiGriefing Portection), Chest Security, Simple Protection, and the like. The workshop has plenty of mods like that :)

Griefing is not game bannable, and neither should be. While you can and maybe should communicate to other to keep an eye for those types, Klei itself can't do nothing but give server owners the tools to make their damage less severe...

Thank you all for having responded to my topic.
Your advice will help me to better "manage" this kind of situation.

Regarding the network filter, I only know a few people who play it. Therefore, I wanted to make more friends on the game. By the way, this is not really easy !

It was my first topic on a forum... I wish it would not be for such a topic of conversation :(
By the way, thank you really have also responded :)

On 1/24/2016 at 2:07 PM, tettm said:

Recently I have been the victim of suspicious behavior with other players on my own server. They are connected to my server and have deliberately set fire to the camp before my eyes several times.

LOL I'd say that's a little more than suspicious...

Archived