Random split in savanah biome?

I decided to off myself and make a new world and while I was exploring it I came across a savannah biome with a random split down the middle of it, ranging from the edge of the island to where the savannah meets the grassland. I really wasn't sure if this was a bug or if it just had a small chance of happening within a biome. Either way I thought it was interesting and was wondering if anyone else has come across anything like this before. Note: If this is a bug, any mod feel free to move this post over to the bug forums, I apologise for my ignorance.

post-5693-13764590192992_thumb.jpg

This is where I first came across it when I was running around the perimeter of the island.

post-5693-13764590193729_thumb.jpg

Ran along side it to make sure I'd be able to run around it and noticed it ended exactly where the grassland began.

post-5693-13764590194075_thumb.jpg

What it looks like from my map. You can clearly see the line in which there's no land.

Edited by w00tyd00d

New features:

• There is a new, experimental map gen algorithm that you can use. It is a work in progress and is largely untested and unbalanced, so you may not live for very long! (Don’t worry, though - the old map gen is still the default!)

I think that was expected, 'they' are refining the new map generation.

I was expecting that this map. gen. would create more crazy (wrong) stuff like tons tentacles in other biomes, hundreds of pigs or bees. But it seems to be almost done.

I was expecting that this map. gen. would create more crazy (wrong) stuff like tons tentacles in other biomes, hundreds of pigs or bees. But it seems to be almost done.

As round as the terrain is on the map in the OP, it looks like he's still using the old generator, and not the new experimental one.

The stuff that seems most messed up about the new generator is the lack of pig kings on many (most? all?) maps and the occasional island that has no bridge connecting to it. It mostly just needs those bugs fixed, and perhaps a bit of balance tweaking.

As round as the terrain is on the map in the OP, it looks like he's still using the old generator, and not the new experimental one.

The stuff that seems most messed up about the new generator is the lack of pig kings on many (most? all?) maps and the occasional island that has no bridge connecting to it. It mostly just needs those bugs fixed, and perhaps a bit of balance tweaking.

Oh, I see now. Now it's more cool and strange.

Yeah I'm using the old map generation which is why I thought it was weird.

I actually did get something like that on a world once, before the new, experimental world generator was even introduced.

It's very useful, actually, in outrunning Tallbirds. Grab their egg, and they'll chase you down until sunset. But, maneuver so that you're on one side of the big break and they're on the other, and you can put enough distance between the two of you to make them give up and go home.