Food Poisoning

Chance for player to be poisoned by eatind spoiled food, could be quite interesting and there would be some risks involved in food at last, you would have to seek fresh food and manage food storage to keep things fresh, and would have use for all those piles of antivenom maybe.

It could be nice... But I think that is kinda not balanced. 

Well, let's add a chance of posion to spoiled, uncooked, monster food....

But all this food already has penalties, like sanity of health or hunger. Adding posion won't change much, it would just differ food even more, without actually adding something new.

Mind if I ask, how often do you guys eat spoiled food?(Put WX aside please)

I rarely eat spoiled food. Seems like this aren't gonna be a big change to me.

TBH never. If i already see that my food is almost spoiled i just let it spoil and use the rot to fertilize my farms or some other ways.

On topic i do like the idea but as said since i almost never eat spoiled food i doubt that it would ever affect me in any meaningfull way.

TBH never. If i already see that my food is almost spoiled i just let it spoil and use the rot to fertilize my farms or some other ways.

On topic i do like the idea but as said since i almost never eat spoiled food i doubt that it would ever affect me in any meaningfull way.

Drop spiled food on the ground to poison pigs and spiders and what not.

Oh no! My food that is spoiled can poison me? Well, time to throw it in the crockpot with 1 fresh thing and get myself a fresh recipe that can't poison me.

You would use more resources that way, and the goal of poisoning will be acomplished, you either take the risk or use more resources.

You would use more resources that way, and the goal of poisoning will be acomplished, you either take the risk or use more resources.

Mind you, a lot of crockpot recipes give more of one stat then their ingredients. So 3 spoiled berries and 1 fresh monster meat would earn me perfectly safe meatballs.

Besides the chance of being food poisoned, with spoiled food already decreasing sanity and giving 1/3 of the hunger of normally fresh food, why would you eat it in the first place instead of using it with other spoiled/stale/fresh ingredients for a fresh crockpot recipe?

Mind you, a lot of crockpot recipes give more of one stat then their ingredients. So 3 spoiled berries and 1 fresh monster meat would earn me perfectly safe meatballs.

Besides the chance of being food poisoned, with spoiled food already decreasing sanity and giving 1/3 of the hunger of normally fresh food, why would you eat it in the first place instead of using it with other spoiled/stale/fresh ingredients for a fresh crockpot recipe?

Maybe you would be far away from base in a place without any source of fresh food.

But that is sadly impossible in this game hehehe.

insanity and health is enough punishment

personally i like the poison mechanic the way it is.

mosquito's spawn and strike in the time it takes to collect a bush then taking a two day sail to collect more coral for anti venom. thats plenty excitement with poisoning for me.

Archived