Earthquakes!

Damages structures such as pig houses, nests, farm plots, rocks, trees.

Hurricanes/Typhoons!

Destroys plants/crops.

Tornadoes!

Uproots anything in its path. Can even lift up beefalos lols.

Tsunami!

Destroys coastal bases.

Hail storms!

Player has to constantly add fuel to their fire or they freeze to death.

Makes everything crazy exciting!!!

Ah... random weather/events. These have been suggested before, but I do so love to see them suggested. :)

Earthquakes!

I would suggest that an earthquake should destroy character-built pig houses only (shoddy workmanship on our part), bee boxes (but drops the honeycomb at the very least when broken), walls (will be added Sooner or later), and the Science Machine/Alchemy Engine. I don't think trees or boulders should be affected.

Hurricanes/Typhoons!

Destroys plants/crops.

Maybe... but I think this would be more effective if we were ever allowed to travel on the sea by boat...

Tornadoes!

Yup. This was suggested primarily as a rare weather event during the Summer season.

Tsunami!

Destroys coastal bases.

Mmmm... this might be hard to do right.

Hail storms!

Maybe it slightly hurts the player (i.e. Health/armor damage) and destroys crops growing in farm plots. This could give a reason for adding a lean-to or other covered shelter, not just for the player, but for their fire as well.

In the past weather effects like rainstorms, thunderstorms, snowstorms, and blizzards were suggested as a means to force players to burn more fuel to keep an unprotected fire lit.

This will constantly throw things at us, which means we can't go out and explore. We have to constantly take care of our structures all the time just in case something happens.

Which is why I think these events should be rare, like say, season specific (i.e. blizzards only during winter) and random. So, for example, say tornados can only appear in the Summer season and then make it so that there's only a 1% chance each day during Summer that a tornado wil, appear. With 1-in-100 odds you should be safe, but there's still that odd chance you'll be unlucky.

Which is why I think these events should be rare, like say, season specific (i.e. blizzards only during winter) and random. So, for example, say tornados can only appear in the Summer season and then make it so that there's only a 1% chance each day during Summer that a tornado wil, appear. With 1-in-100 odds you should be safe, but there's still that odd chance you'll be unlucky.

Good enough.

Ah... random weather/events. These have been suggested before, but I do so love to see them suggested. :)

I would suggest that an earthquake should destroy character-built pig houses only (shoddy workmanship on our part), bee boxes (but drops the honeycomb at the very least when broken), walls (will be added Sooner or later), and the Science Machine/Alchemy Engine. I don't think trees or boulders should be affected.

.................................................................................^^^

yus i suggested a wallish thing :p, the ablity to put down cut stone

as in a fort check it out maybe XD

The hail part made me realize something. Did someone ever suggest rain? Wouldn't that be the single worst thing ever? I mean, right now it'd be almost impossible to have any light source under the rain o_o It'd basically be a death sentence at this stage, lol.

The hail part made me realize something. Did someone ever suggest rain? Wouldn't that be the single worst thing ever? I mean, right now it'd be almost impossible to have any light source under the rain o_o It'd basically be a death sentence at this stage, lol.

Yessssss. Me. :p

But seriously, many players have suggested various weathers and among them the list commonly includes: rainstorms, thunderstorms, windy, foggy, snowstorms, and blizzards. And yes, it was suggested that rainstorms, thunderstorms, snowstorms, and blizzards would all soak the wood in both camp fires and firepits, causing them to extinguish faster. For this reason we also suggested a new structure, the lean-to, which could be used to protect the fire and player from the weather.

I think that weather in general would be sufficient. I think the idea of a destructive event is really fun but a simple rainstorm/snowstorm would be enough to cause problems. Plants like water but its difficult for fires, etc. Sunny days help with accelerated plant growth, cloudy days are fine but adds time for things to renew. Weather and seasonal events sound like quite a heavy development request however.

have the weather happen after day 15 because it would be brutle on day 3 just after you found a ok setup and a tsunami destroyes it all

it would be funny but also really mean

also normal rain would cause fire to weaken 2X as fast

Earthquakes!

Hurricanes/Typhoons!

Destroys plants/crops.

Tornadoes!

Tsunami!

Destroys coastal bases.

Hail storms!

Makes everything crazy exciting!!!

GREAT IDEAS! Maybe i make some draws about it

have the weather happen after day 15 because it would be brutle on day 3 just after you found a ok

I would hope that eventually the game will have 4 seasons, and that players will start in Spring... and if each season lasts 30 days (my own suggestion) then that should be more than enough time if no "disasters" occur in Spring (ever). Spring could be known as the "safest month". :)

setup and a tsunami destroyes it all

it would be funny but also really mean

That seems terribly mean. What would you do if that happened to you...? Also, is there any reason to build a base camp by the edge of the island and risk this danger?

also normal rain would cause fire to weaken 2X as fast

Hmmm. That may be too much. I would suggest +25% faster during rainstorms/snowstorms and +50% faster during thunderstorms/blizzards. I'm not sure if hail should be an issue or not...

As a note, I would assume there would be "thunderstorm" rain levels during a typhoon or tornado.