The Greatest Idea of All Time.

like the recipe it would require nightmare fuel a tophat and a banana symbol on it 

basically u give it to and then a puff of smoke turns into a butler that gets his wages in fruit

Yeah, we were thinking about it being either a Piratihatitator or Shadow Manipulator tier item (it's definitely magical, after all!) made with a tophat, brainy matter, and either bananas or maybe just some nightmare fuel. I like the idea of bananas, but that's just me  :wilson_nerdy:

But I think it should definitely include the brainy matter, that was an excellent idea. It makes the item very difficult to make a whole lot of, which is perfect, and makes a lot of sense.

(And yeah, it's an item that you give to a monkey, which makes the monkey transform.)

... Or by making typos. Like me! 

Every time I see someone make silly spelling mistake I always look at my keyboard and look at the placement of the key's and see if the wrong letter is next to the one they were supposed to press. Almost always the next button over. 

Then I see one where the wrong button is aaallll the way on the other side of the keyboard and I think, om me gah u fool. Whats wrong with u. How could u make a mistake like that. Did u just fall over onto the keyboard and press the wrong key and pretend it didn't happen??

They should do this, but not change any of the ai.  The monkey picking stuff up should just turn into him sweeping stuff into a dust bin.  Other than that, he should continue throwing poop at you.  Then running over, and sweeping it up.  

That way it's not overpowered :D.  

They should do this, but not change any of the ai. The monkey picking stuff up should just turn into him sweeping stuff into a dust bin. Other than that, he should continue throwing poop at you. Then running over, and sweeping it up.

I don't really know that the monkey butler would be overpowered, the real purpose of this is to have a companion that helps make things a bit more convenient for you, for a fair wage of bananas. He wouldn't fight very well as he's now an educated and proper, gentler sort. It'd probably look pretty funny for him to try and attack actually. Maybe how it could work is, you give him coconuts (or coconades!) as ammo and he'll throw as many as you give him and then just stay back.

On 12/22/2015 at 0:58 AM, DuckBoy said:

They should do this, but not change any of the ai.  The monkey picking stuff up should just turn into him sweeping stuff into a dust bin.  Other than that, he should continue throwing poop at you.  Then running over, and sweeping it up.  

But why would he throw poop at you if he's your friend? (And also a posh butler for that matter!)

This really is the greatest idea!!

it would make those annoying pricks interesting and really useful

(as for the recipe, I say you have to befriend the ape first, then use the special hat [x1 top hat, X1 brainy matter, x1 silly monkey ball?])

actually I like the idea of feeding them brainy matter first more

2 hours ago, DwerBomb said:

This really is the greatest idea!!

it would make those annoying pricks interesting and really useful

(as for the recipe, I say you have to befriend the ape first, then use the special hat [x1 top hat, X1 brainy matter, x1 silly monkey ball?])

actually I like the idea of feeding them brainy matter first more

Heheh yeah, same here. Thanks :wilson_dorky:

+1

with;

• hat blows off in hurricane season
  • tall waves drown him
  • (small chance) other monkeys can steal the hat (loosing what inventory he had)
  • follows you only when hold a gold banana (linking to the hat, so you loose an inventory)
  • packims and monkey fight (until death) if you use them at the same time. 
  • my idea of cost; 1x brainy matter + 10x poo + 5x gold + 2x bananas + 1x tophat + 3x rope = one hat + one gold banana
  • drop the hat near a monkey, who picks it up is the butler
  • if the butler, monkey steals, or boar/snake/spider eats the banana then butler attacks you and you must fight

futurama conflict with the name? needs are more "dont strave" name

this would be nice if you never find packims you can get a useful replacement

Man this os one of the best ideas I have seen so far (hence the name)

I think the top hat should be unbreakable, but the monkey would need to be fed brainy matter in order to stay smart and regenerate health. Upon being  examinated, the character will say something to know his "smartness level". If the player doesn't feed him brainy matter he will return to normal state and the hat will be destroyed. Also to retrieve items from him you right click on him and to make him stay (not follow you) you left click.

A new craftable should be included for the Monkey Butler to hold: the bugle. When your character is attacked and the butler has the ability to use his tool or not (you should be able to set it), the butler will call on the bugle and every monkey on the island should come roaring towards the attacker. Of course, it would have very little durability and the monkeys would throw coconuts from behind you (not doing massive damage, but enough to help out if in trouble). As for making the monkey your butler, maybe there would be something kind of like Chester's eyebone around? I'm not sure, since we already have the Packim.

Archived