The Greatest Idea of All Time.

Shipwrecked devs, listen up. The very LIVELIHOOD of this expansion pack depends on your attention to my super amazing idea.

I woke up this morning and thought to myself a bit about the new expansion pack, about how nice it is, where it's headed, all the stuff you can do in it. And then it hit me. Suddenly and without any warning. The greatest idea of all time.

Monkey Butlers.

That's right. After befriending a monkey with a banana, you can go one step further and put a tophat (not just any top hat, but a special top hat crafted together with a bit of magic and a brainy matter!) on him to make the transformation (I guess slightly better posture) into a classy, intelligent monkey butler that will be at your side as your trusty companion, looking down on the other, less dapper monkeys out there, and helping you do all of those petty, menial jobs that are below your standards of working conditions.

• It can bring you food from your crock pot!
  • it can place nearby items on the floor into a chest with space in it!
  • it can pick up logs and pinecones that fall from the trees you chop and give them to you directly so you can keep chopping away, same goes for other things like rocks, vines, bamboo, etc!
  • Simply hold a set amount of items for you if you don't have space!
  • It can sail the seven seas with you in it's own trusty little half-a-coconut-boat!
  • It will defend you in battle, saying classy things such as "There and forsooth!"
  • It can die in battle, making you a very sad former monkey butler owner!
  • Maybe you could even give it tools and it'll actually use them, who knows!
Don't you see? The possibilities of monkey butlers are simply endless. :wilson_cool:

(Kidding and sarcasm aside, I really think this'd be an awesome addition to the game.)

I do like these monkey butlers, but a banana and a top hat seems too cheap a price for such a privilege. Maybe a banana a day and the top hat only lasts as long as it usually would?

I did think about that a bit, the cost could certainly be tweaked a bit.

I love the idea of the top hat decaying around the normal amount of time that it usually would, making the monkey revert to normal, requiring another banana and tophat when it expires. Also yes, a banana a day makes the butler stay is another decent idea (nice little rhyme too!). I would've suggested it in my post but it was getting pretty long as is. I wasn't sure if people would even like the idea very much so I just put down the basic info, not too many details of how exactly it'd work yet.

One of the things to keep in mind though is the fact that the monkey can actually end up getting killed quite easily, so that's another thing to consider concerning balance. Maybe the monkey wont drop the hat when he dies. Maybe when the monkey becomes a butler he becomes totally passive like chester and packim, but without the health regen. 

Also, any number of those things I listed could be things that it does, but maybe not all of them will actually end up being things it can do.

I did think about that a bit, the cost could certainly be tweaked a bit.

I love the idea of the top hat decaying around the normal amount of time that it usually would, making the monkey revert to normal, requiring another banana and tophat when it expires. Also yes, a banana a day makes the butler stay is another decent idea (nice little rhyme too!). I would've suggested it in my post but it was getting pretty long as is. I wasn't sure if people would even like the idea very much so I just put down the basic info, not too many details of how exactly it'd work yet.

One of the things to keep in mind though is the fact that the monkey can actually end up getting killed quite easily, so that's another thing to consider concerning balance. Maybe the monkey wont drop the hat when he dies. Maybe when the monkey becomes a butler he becomes totally passive like chester and packim, but without the health regen. 

Also, any number of those things I listed could be things that it does, but maybe not all of them will actually end up being things it can do.

Butler against Butler.

WHO WILL WIN!

Maybe we should feed the monkey the Brainy Matter first (to make it evolve into two leg monkey), then bribe it later with hat or food :happypigs: .

That is BRILLIANT! Klei, make it happen!!!

If they don't, i hope somebody can make some kind of mod or something, that would be awesome.

Maybe we should feed the monkey the Brainy Matter first (to make it evolve into two leg monkey), then bribe it later with hat or food :happypigs: .

Wow I didn't even think of that! Involving brainy matter is genius actually! Maybe it could be as simple as crafting some nightmare fuel, brainy matter, and a top hat all together for the item and giving it to a normal monkey. I edited my original post now to mention this, great idea man! ^^

This sounds great. I would love a monkey version of webber character too, like Tarzan (Warzan?) or something.

Well the idea of webber is spiders don't attack him and all the friendly things in the world do, so I don't know if this idea of Warzan makes the most sense, just because monkeys aren't actually hostile to you normally. If anything, you can already befriend them the exact same way webber befriends spiders.

Well the idea of webber is spiders don't attack him and all the friendly things in the world do, so I don't know if this idea of Warzan makes the most sense, just because monkeys aren't actually hostile to you normally. If anything, you can already befriend them the exact same way webber befriends spiders.

This. Cool idea though.

The title is for real. Best idea for an addition I've seen to date. In fact, I've never even bothered to post on the forum until just now. Went out of my way because I felt I /had/ to support this.

Wow, thanks man, I really appreciate that ^^

Hopefully you like the forums enough to share some of your own ideas/opinions, we can always use more!

Archived