character: waldo, the psychopath

What do you like about waldo?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What do you like about waldo?

• his speed, really helps
    • his challenge
    • his personality, lol
    • everything!
    • Nothing! he shouldn't even be in the game!

So I thought of the possibility of this becoming a mod at some point and have so idea-Sanity caps at 50-Faster movement speed-possibly faster attack speed-Loses sanity from killing creatures like rabbits, pigs, and beefalo (they are his "friends" after all)-Sanity does not slowly go up at day, nor does it go down at night-(possibly) Regains sanity from eating monster meat but still takes damage from it, perhaps he could also gain sanity from attacking monsters but again I don't know if that would make sense.

So I thought of the possibility of this becoming a mod at some point and have so idea-Sanity caps at 50-Faster movement speed-possibly faster attack speed-Loses sanity from killing creatures like rabbits, pigs, and beefalo (they are his "friends" after all)-Sanity does not slowly go up at day, nor does it go down at night-(possibly) Regains sanity from eating monster meat but still takes damage from it, perhaps he could also gain sanity from attacking monsters but again I don't know if that would make sense.

-still deciding on waldos sanity cap-yes-yes-yes-yes-no and that really wouldn't make sense more that he gains sanity from eating raw food unlike the other charactersReally good points, I'll have to think about how waldo manages sanity harder than I thought and I would love to have waldo as a mod please let me know if there's a mod for chrome with waldo

-still deciding on waldos sanity cap-yes-yes-yes-yes-no and that really wouldn't make sense more that he gains sanity from eating raw food unlike the other charactersReally good points, I'll have to think about how waldo manages sanity harder than I thought and I would love to have waldo as a mod please let me know if there's a mod for chrome with waldo

Sadly I am the last person you would ask for modding, or a modding recommendation, I would send a question to some of the more well known modders here, I am sure some of them will have answers

Sadly I am the last person you would ask for modding, or a modding recommendation, I would send a question to some of the more well known modders here, I am sure some of them will have answers

I understand I don't know how to mod either, no matter how much I want to it seems too complicated, plus I am shy and don't know any modders or heard of any, however, other people do if anybody who knows a modder or a klei entertainment worker, please post a link to this thread once I complete and come up with how waldo's traits effect sanity I'll post it to let you know. ; )

That still doesn't get rid of the fact that he is insane

hey mr.serious, i have to say im sorry for doubting you about waldo having less sanity, really counters the benifits of his speed for more challenge, i just needed to think about it and talk with my brother, hope you can forgive me :)

I would make it simpler. His sanity recovers slower and drops faster, but he isn't attacked by shadow monsters. This is both advantageous and disadvantageous because nightmare fuel is slightly rarer.

You know that nightmare fuel only makes things that are powerful but make you insane faster and waldo already has disadvantages that lower his sanity fast and good idea but waldo can die of sanity lowerinng the deed of gaining sanity is just too risky

oh my gerd you stole my ideamy idea wasThe HiddenWaldo:HP: 85Hunger: 125Sanity : 75Perks:Mobs can't find WaldoAlways gets first hit on mob, unless you were seen15% more faster than other charactersDisadvantages:Sanity Mobs hit harderSpeaks only when found by a Mob3 Minute duration until Hidden againpost-10537-13764591270025_thumb.jpg

oh my gerd you stole my ideamy idea wasThe HiddenWaldo:HP: 85Hunger: 125Sanity : 75Perks:Mobs can't find WaldoAlways gets first hit on mob, unless you were seen15% more faster than other charactersDisadvantages:Sanity Mobs hit harderSpeaks only when found by a Mob3 Minute duration until Hidden again[ATTACH=CONFIG]3600[/ATTACH]

I'm bad with names so I just used the first thing that came to mind and that's just a coincidense that our characters are similar

what do you mean?

Perks are too strong. it is entirely easy to play passive so to you could be a super fast soldier gathering everything at breakneck speeds. Also he can eat rotten food? already a trait of another character and so far they do not overlap and why would we want them to? diversity is where the game is heading not repetition. it kind of just sounds like you want to mod a character, which is why they made the game available to mod. and sanity is easy to manage if you can dapper your way to the top, which with ignoring food rot and faster movement would be quickly obtained.

Perks are too strong. it is entirely easy to play passive so to you could be a super fast soldier gathering everything at breakneck speeds. Also he can eat rotten food? already a trait of another character and so far they do not overlap and why would we want them to? diversity is where the game is heading not repetition. it kind of just sounds like you want to mod a character, which is why they made the game available to mod. and sanity is easy to manage if you can dapper your way to the top, which with ignoring food rot and faster movement would be quickly obtained.

i don't mean that he can eat rotten food i mean that he doesn't gain sanity when eating cooked food and waldo is useful but you must watch the sanity meter because if you didn't notice if he's super charged too long he can die.

What about Wattson? [:

That would be the name of a character who had something to do with electricity or a detective character!(Who would be the only character who actually SHOWS values of foods, creature health, and such! :V)