character: waldo, the psychopath

What do you like about waldo?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. What do you like about waldo?

• his speed, really helps
    • his challenge
    • his personality, lol
    • everything!
    • Nothing! he shouldn't even be in the game!

thats actually not a bad idea

lol It was funny because there was a thread I posted in about showing values in the game to show stuff like that.And if they decided to save Wattson for some sort of character that has to do with lightning, then they could always use Wiki as a character name for the detective. xPBut it would be a neat thing to have a character that shows the values.

lol It was funny because there was a thread I posted in about showing values in the game to show stuff like that.And if they decided to save Wattson for some sort of character that has to do with lightning, then they could always use Wiki as a character name for the detective. xPBut it would be a neat thing to have a character that shows the values.

Ya that would be useful although he would only show stats of enemies and objects to prevent from being overpowered

I think there are a few too many integers in his insanity perk, although I do like the idea of him getting a bonus for being "endangered" (losing health from sanity) but the thing that gets me is that Waldo is far to easy to make insane for it to be profitable, seeing as how killing beefalo, rabbits, etc. causes him to lose sanity, as well as eating cooked meats. if he was going to be hindered to this point, I think it would be interesting for the strait jacket he is spawned with, when worn, slowly increases his sanity, and has no duration, but in return, he cant perform actions such as harvesting, chopping, or mining whilst wearing it. other than that he seems very interesting, and would probably be one of my favorite characters...an interesting challenge, and reward for playing him, and having to watch his sanity. also , just personally, I think it would be interesting when he gets to the point of losing health from sanity, I think it would be funny if he attacked himself. it would explain why he loses health.P.s.Gobbler: Toby always eats my snacks, and never even thanks meMorsels/meat: well the voices have never steered me wrong before...beefalo: Corporal Beefington is always a hit at partiesbeefalo (in heat): the Corporal looks agitated, I hope he didn't lose his cricket match.Tall bird: Madam feather bottom. looking as radiant as ever.

I think there are a few too many integers in his insanity perk, although I do like the idea of him getting a bonus for being "endangered" (losing health from sanity) but the thing that gets me is that Waldo is far to easy to make insane for it to be profitable, seeing as how killing beefalo, rabbits, etc. causes him to lose sanity, as well as eating cooked meats. if he was going to be hindered to this point, I think it would be interesting for the strait jacket he is spawned with, when worn, slowly increases his sanity, and has no duration, but in return, he cant perform actions such as harvesting, chopping, or mining whilst wearing it. other than that he seems very interesting, and would probably be one of my favorite characters...an interesting challenge, and reward for playing him, and having to watch his sanity. also , just personally, I think it would be interesting when he gets to the point of losing health from sanity, I think it would be funny if he attacked himself. it would explain why he loses health.

P.s.

Gobbler: Toby always eats my snacks, and never even thanks me

Morsels/meat: well the voices have never steered me wrong before...

beefalo: Corporal Beefington is always a hit at parties

beefalo (in heat): the Corporal looks agitated, I hope he didn't lose his cricket match.

Tall bird: Madam feather bottom. looking as radiant as ever.

That.. is.. THE BEST WAY TO DESCRIBE WALDO EVER!!

Really makes him better while still keeping his purpose, easy but challenging and those quotes, LOVE THEM, much better than what I come up with, my quotes just make him seem like an idiot

- - - Updated - - -

I think there are a few too many integers in his insanity perk, although I do like the idea of him getting a bonus for being "endangered" (losing health from sanity) but the thing that gets me is that Waldo is far to easy to make insane for it to be profitable, seeing as how killing beefalo, rabbits, etc. causes him to lose sanity, as well as eating cooked meats. if he was going to be hindered to this point, I think it would be interesting for the strait jacket he is spawned with, when worn, slowly increases his sanity, and has no duration, but in return, he cant perform actions such as harvesting, chopping, or mining whilst wearing it. other than that he seems very interesting, and would probably be one of my favorite characters...an interesting challenge, and reward for playing him, and having to watch his sanity. also , just personally, I think it would be interesting when he gets to the point of losing health from sanity, I think it would be funny if he attacked himself. it would explain why he loses health.

P.s.

Gobbler: Toby always eats my snacks, and never even thanks me

Morsels/meat: well the voices have never steered me wrong before...

beefalo: Corporal Beefington is always a hit at parties

beefalo (in heat): the Corporal looks agitated, I hope he didn't lose his cricket match.

Tall bird: Madam feather bottom. looking as radiant as ever.

That.. is.. THE BEST WAY TO DESCRIBE WALDO EVER!!

Really makes him better while still keeping his purpose, easy but challenging and those quotes, LOVE THEM, much better than what I come up with, my quotes just make him seem like an idiot

That.. is.. THE BEST WAY TO DESCRIBE WALDO EVER!! Really makes him better while still keeping his purpose, easy but challenging and those quotes, LOVE THEM, much better than what I come up with, my quotes just make him seem like an idiot

I'm glad I could help. and for more help with the quotes, should you want it, its very simple. I actually looked up different types of insanity (mainly mania, and psychopathy, but also multiple personality disorder and a few other things) and a good way to make Waldo seem insane, is to make him seem like he is clinging to a past life (that he lost), in this case I used the idea that he fell from nobility, and so is trying to replicate the feeling of it. (IE: naming the animals, as if they where people) but along with that, referencing a common theme in depiction of insanity, which is "voices", and is found in dissociative identity disorder, psychopathy, and a few others im missing im sure. its described as "living in a book" the voices narrate what you do, but eventually they tell you to do things, rather then observe what your doing.

I'm glad I could help. and for more help with the quotes, should you want it, its very simple. I actually looked up different types of insanity (mainly mania, and psychopathy, but also multiple personality disorder and a few other things) and a good way to make Waldo seem insane, is to make him seem like he is clinging to a past life (that he lost), in this case I used the idea that he fell from nobility, and so is trying to replicate the feeling of it. (IE: naming the animals, as if they where people) but along with that, referencing a common theme in depiction of insanity, which is "voices", and is found in dissociative identity disorder, psychopathy, and a few others im missing im sure. its described as "living in a book" the voices narrate what you do, but eventually they tell you to do things, rather then observe what your doing.

ok, how about this:koalaphant: geoffrey, preparing for winter as usual i see!koalaphant(winter): looks like winter came fast, geoffery!in darkness: oi! who turned out the lights, mate?night monster:you better show yourself or you'll get a beat'n night monster(hurt by): crikey!beefalo(shave): the commadore is in his birthday suitin light: i can see the light!his straitjacket: i live in that!hungry: a voice tells me i need food!

ok, how about this:koalaphant: geoffrey, preparing for winter as usual i see!koalaphant(winter): looks like winter came fast, geoffery!in darkness: oi! who turned out the lights, mate?night monster:you better show yourself or you'll get a beat'n night monster(hurt by): crikey!beefalo(shave): the commadore is in his birthday suitin light: i can see the light!his straitjacket: i live in that!hungry: a voice tells me i need food!

yeah that's the idea. I think you pretty much got it, when it comes down to what he says. :biggrin-new:

yeah that's the idea. I think you pretty much got it, when it comes down to what he says. :biggrin-new:

thanks, btw how about the strait jacket is a pretty fast sanity regenerators or stops any sanity lowering or rising, because if it's too slow you can easily get the sanity back through picking flowers or something, if you're going to sacrfice the use of arms it has to be worth it

thanks, btw how about the strait jacket is a pretty fast sanity regenerators or stops any sanity lowering or rising, because if it's too slow you can easily get the sanity back through picking flowers or something, if you're going to sacrfice the use of arms it has to be worth it

That could work. Remember this is your character, not mine. Im just giving advice.your right. for an item like that, you have to have some equalizers.