Less apes! More pandas!

Maybe instead of the colonies of Apes we should have maybe 1 ape hut maximum per island, and then have a panda that also lives in the jungle and eats bamboo. It could be hostile to Monkeys naturally, meaning 2 huts at a stretch, although they respawn FAST. Too fast, maybe nerf that. A lot.

Nah.

Just make Pandas and call 'em Grand Pandas, like how Apes are Prime Apes.

You do realize that Prime Apes, is a play on words right? Primates, like the Order of mammals that monkeys and apes belong to. It's not that they are apes that are prime....

I always wanted monkeys and I'm so happy they are finally out of the damn ruins. They said in a Rhymes with play some weeks ago that they are working on making the monkeys "cool", right now they have more or less the same behaviour than the cave monkeys ... I really think they are going to fix that during early access. Monkeys will be cool, you will see.

Besides I would love to see pandas too.

Also, it need to be a hybrid, like [...]

Bengal Tiganda?

Panda Hare? Parilla? Pandaranha?

Bengal Tiganda is TOO CUTE FOR WORDS!

Would a panda hare be a pare? And drop some sort of edible fruit? ;3

You realise of course that this is an ocean themed expansion and you have now doomed us all to Pandaranhas...

Pandas that's a really nice idea ... As for the monkeys I have aways hated them and now they are part of the main game ... But it surely feels good to burn their huts :grin: .

I still haven't encountered splumonkeys (the ruins scare me pantsless!) so I was quite pleased to see monkeys, even though they are thieving little varmints. Until I came across a mandrake and the little beggars pulled it up and ate it! They don't pull up sweet potatoes, do they, OH no. NOW I hate them x.x 

You do realize that Prime Apes, is a play on words right? Primates, like the Order of mammals that monkeys and apes belong to. It's not that they are apes that are prime....

A certain song is now going through my head. "You and me baby ain't nothing but mammals..."

Get bumped, chumps!

Maybe the Panda could be a relative of the Bearger, and this could be quoted in Wicker's quote. It could drop fur tufts and 50 get crafted into one thick fur, like DST but half the amount, like how in DST he has double the health.

Get bumped, chumps!

Maybe the Panda could be a relative of the Bearger, and this could be quoted in Wicker's quote. It could drop fur tufts and 50 get crafted into one thick fur, like DST but half the amount, like how in DST he has double the health.

AND! It could be called the Granda, because, you know, great pandas, and instead of great it's just grand.

+1 for that idea ! You can guess at my nickname that I love pandas !

I think it would be interesting to have one panda on the island, that eat A LOT of bamboos, but produce guano or something. It would be a player's choice to sacrifice a lot of ressources (bamboos in that case) to get an effective farming component.

+1 for that idea ! You can guess at my nickname that I love pandas !

I think it would be interesting to have one panda on the island, that eat A LOT of bamboos, but produce guano or something. It would be a player's choice to sacrifice a lot of ressources (bamboos in that case) to get an effective farming component.

That sounds fantastic. 

Get bumped, chumps!

I dunno bout the fur tuft thing, but I can definitely see a miniature, panda coloured Bearger, and he could drop a panda hide that could be used for something, maybe a dapper piece of clothing. Granted they should be semi-rare and don't respawn cause Panda's are endangered.

Oh yeah I would love pandas, they could be like befalos. I don't have a problem with the monkeys because Wendy's sister deal with them. But they are really annoying, they don't stop following you not even at dusk. And they steal everything. Damn monkeys. I really enjoy to kill them. They give me a lot of food and manure. what I do is destroying their nests that are near my base and put them far away. And I only go see them when I need food or manure.

I came up with something that I find interesting about the "panda idea".

• Pandas are located on jungle biome, with less trees but more bamboos. They sleep and hide in a cave, not craftable, indestructible.
  • There can be only one panda on an island.
  • An island with a jungle biome doesn't necessarily have a panda (maybe every 1 panda for 2 islands)
  • Pandas eat a lot of bamboo, every day, and rarely drop poop (or guano)
  • Pandas are peacefull when you are near them, but if you get to close, they will run away, scared by your presence
  • If pandas see you harvest some bamboos near them, they will aggro you and destroy you.
  • Pandas are not really fast, but strong and nearly impossible to kill with traditionnal weapon.
  • You can craft and wear a small panda disguise, with a hard recipe (or a magic trick in the magic tab)
  • You can be friend with a panda for a short period of time by giving him bamboos and only while wearing the panda disguise
  • While a panda is your friend, he can fight for you, and he will drop more poop/guano than usual.

It's a little long, and maybe it's a bad idea, but I'm curious about your opinion.

I like the idea, eating bamboo is a good idea but he shouldn't be an endless vacuum, too many creatures in DS already have bottomless stomachs, maybe 5-10 plants each day. I'd say 1 panda per cave or whatever they would live in, and have the chance to have more than one per island. Smaller islands having smaller populations etc. They should keep their distance but be passive unless you take a bamboo they were going to eat (like bearger) they get grumpy with you, they tolerate it a couple of times but then eventually attack you for it. Poop is definitely a must, the monkeys being the only source (aside from the practically nonexistent ox) is kinda lame.

Archived