Less apes! More pandas!

I like the idea, eating bamboo is a good idea but he shouldn't be an endless vacuum, too many creatures in DS already have bottomless stomachs, maybe 5-10 plants each day. I'd say 1 panda per cave or whatever they would live in, and have the chance to have more than one per island. Smaller islands having smaller populations etc. They should keep their distance but be passive unless you take a bamboo they were going to eat (like bearger) they get grumpy with you, they tolerate it a couple of times but then eventually attack you for it. Poop is definitely a must, the monkeys being the only source (aside from the practically nonexistent ox) is kinda lame.

A very good source of manue are flowers.

1. Pick flowers 40 maybe or even 80, there is a biom with very much gras, green turf, sweet potatoes and very many flowers, pick them all (maybe all but 6, so that stray bees can repopulate them)

2. Go kill spiders, hounds, snakes to get atleast 4 monster meat.

3. Find a Wildboar (Pigman) and drop all 40 - 80 flower(petals) on the ground.

4. Feed the Wildboar 4 monster meat, he will transfom into a Werepig and eat all 40 - 80 flowers in less than 20 seconds and for every flower he will drop 1 manue....BAAAAM 40 - 80 MANUE!

5. Kill the Werepig or marry it. ^^

Poop is definitely a must, the monkeys being the only source (aside from the practically nonexistent ox) is kinda lame.

Right, but maybe Klei want us to think differently in term of farming than the usual Don't Starve. But I'd really like the idea of a giant panda eating bamboos on your island and be able to live with it.

You do realize that Prime Apes, is a play on words right? Primates, like the Order of mammals that monkeys and apes belong to. It's not that they are apes that are prime....

I thought Grand Pandas was a play on words too. Grandpa-ndas.

Just give them a beard or something. Or a chance to drop tobacco. Which protects you from mosquitoes when equipped.

As I've stated before, i really like this idea, but i should probably drop something that isn't manure or guano, as it looks like Klei wants to try to make us farm a lot less than usual. Maybe it would regularly drop small tufts of fur, that would drift away after a while like ash, you could use to make clothes or something.

Maybe it would regularly drop small tufts of fur, that would drift away after a while like ash, you could use to make clothes or something.

Good idea too ! The only problem is that Winter in SW doesn't seems to be a real problem (well for me, it's not) because you drop a lot of snakesin and you are able to craft Snakeskin Hat and Coat very easily. And the thing is, Winter is really similar to Spring in my opinion. The only problem of Spring is the flooding, but generally, you already have all the dressing to survive it.

Maybe by adding pandas with fur, they can change a little bit winter (less rain, more wind), and we will be forced to harvest some fur in order to craft warm clothes.

Good idea too ! The only problem is that Winter in SW doesn't seems to be a real problem (well for me, it's not) because you drop a lot of snakesin and you are able to craft Snakeskin Hat and Coat very easily. And the thing is, Winter is really similar to Spring in my opinion. The only problem of Spring is the flooding, but generally, you already have all the dressing to survive it.

Maybe by adding pandas with fur, they can change a little bit winter (less rain, more wind), and we will be forced to harvest some fur in order to craft warm clothes.

We already have the windbreaker vest? Made from whale remains, same as the koalefant breeze vest...

As I've stated before, i really like this idea, but i should probably drop something that isn't manure or guano, as it looks like Klei wants to try to make us farm a lot less than usual. Maybe it would regularly drop small tufts of fur, that would drift away after a while like ash, you could use to make clothes or something.

I just had an amazing idea!

So, the fur tufts the pandas would drop could be used to make sponges, and here's hwo they'd work:

So, during the monsoon when puddles form, you could place a sponge in a puddle, and depending on how big the puddle is, it would take between 1 and 3 days for the puddle to disappear completely.

The sponge would be made with 3 tufts of fur, and 1 rope.

The tufts of fur would be dropped periodically by Grandas (The pandas), at 5 times the rate of poop dropped by beefalo (This is to make up for the fact that Grandas would alone on an island), but if left on the ground for 2 minutes, it would drift away (just like ashes).

Archived