What's your most hated corporation?

Not sure how the rest thinks, but I find Plastech to be a really frustrating enemy to face compared to the rest.. Not including Omni because I can't skip Omni missions in regular gameplay.

The Mod MKs in particular cuz they keep subverting the devices that I hacked, making it tough to stealth my way through.

To the point that I hesitate to click on Plastech missions even if they are missions i want/need.

Sankaku. Pure stealth strategy is harder because sound bugs prevent running in order to make noise to distract guards, and drones have a larger range of vision without distraction zones to use.

"Brute force" strategy is harder as well if you don't have a few emp3's. Sound bugs make it risky to kill off drones by shooting them, or using captured drones to shoot each other. That said I recently shot a null drone with a flurry that was standing on a sound bug and it didn't hear any noise so I don't know what the mechanics for it are. Maybe the only noise comes from the tile of the shooter.

If you have an EMP and a lethal gun, dealing with plastech is similar but much less of a risk because there's no sound bugs to hear the merciless genocide of cyberguards.

Plastech. The whole "retake the things you hacked" thing is annoying enough, but for me the issue is more ideological. Namely, look at where they're situated.

It's impossible to really speculate on the state of international affairs for Invisible Inc. by comparison to the real world, taking place in the future. But right now, South America and Africa are debatably the two most exploited continents right now in terms of their natural resources vs citizens in abject poverty. It's not at all hard to imagine this particular corporation engaging in a lot of organized coups and installing dictatorships, if things have not changed by that time. At least the corporations in developed nations need to outwardly pretend they're benevolent.

BTW I'm not Internationale after having hacked Midnight Tea's account and posting to this forum. That would be silly.

Okay, Incognita get ready to

Oh, I've not encountered the sound detection mechanics (Or maybe I did, but I didnt realize it), how does it work?

Only Sankaku has sound bugs and I believe only above difficulty level 1. It's pretty hard to miss them. If it detects noise it's alarm +1 and I think it gives an investigation point to the nearest guard/drone. Pretty much only running and shooting with a lethal gun makes noise, Ping doesn't trigger it.

Gameplay: Pre-DLC Plastech, there just wasnt the varyity and every level feeled like the one before.

Also Sankaku which totaly changes the way you play. Less stealth, more hacking.

Design: FTM is kind of boring, you know, your standart security guards.

Way they solve problems: KO, which are just heavy armed, but there units are well designed from a graphics point.

And OMNI is just awesome, but more units would nnot be bad

Only Sankaku has sound bugs and I believe only above difficulty level 1. It's pretty hard to miss them. If it detects noise it's alarm +1 and I think it gives an investigation point to the nearest guard/drone. Pretty much only running and shooting with a lethal gun makes noise, Ping doesn't trigger it.

ah, sorry, I was referring to the gunshot detection game mechanics.

I don't shoot guards that often, and so far, I haven't seemed to encounter a case that my gunshot was detected by anything/anyone.

The detection range for gunshots is also the same as detecting running agents?

Definitely Sankaku; the other three can be dealt with using broadly similar strategies, but I find that going up against drones usually requires either a much more aggressive layout and approach (something like Shalem/Nika or Archive Decker/Draco, just go in guns blazing) or major PWR drainage (because there's no way to keep a drone down the way you would with an unconscious guard, so you're constantly hacking and rehacking them).

Actually you can pin drones just like you pin guards

Unfortunately, not just like.  You can't drag them to a place with better cover, expecting that when they wake up and become mobile again, they'll first run back to the place where they were disabled before running at random through the rest of the facility.

You also can't knock them out as easily as you did the first few times you disabled them after a while -- the power needed to disable them rises as the alarm level goes up.

I dislike Sankaku most for their sound traps and their drones.  You can't distract drones with noise.

Sankaku is a pain, but there is one thing I take joy in over there: Drone stacking.

Basically, after any drone gets disabled for whatever reason, if you position another drone so it's standing on top of it on the turn that it's supposed to turn back on, it gets killed off. So you can EMP an Obake Drone, Hack a nearby Camera Drone, fly it so it sits right on the Obake, and next turn, the bugger is dead!

Of course, this usually means I have a drone corpse hanging around in the middle of a room, and at least 2 more Obakes will spawn before I leave anyways, but it's a nice tactic to keep in mind.

Sankaku is a pain, but there is one thing I take joy in over there: Drone stacking.

That's actually kind of nifty.  I can't wait to try that out now.

The multi-faceted strategy possible with this game is just a gift that keeps on giving.  I just tried dragging an agent to the elevator with a cloaked agent.  Freaked out the nearby guards something fierce, but it was a lot of fun; just the fact that it worked was tremendously rewarding.  :)

Here's something a little different - my most hated Corporation is actually FTM. During campaign mode its Plastech, but on Endless mode, FTM takes the cake.

Beyond Day 15 in Endless:

When Daemons 2.0 kick in and you get Blowfish 2.0, FTM's routers and scanners really put the pressure on you - all the guards gain +3 or +4 armor and are virtually invincible. Then the routers make it very hard to hack into the main objective items and time is ticking against you.

Each of the corps has SOMETHING that bugs me, but by far the one I hate the most is Sankaku.

Even on endless runs, I'm never really able to carry batteries with me. I need other, better equipment and can't waste my precious storage space carrying them around. In other words: I won't have nearly enough bullets to kill the drones.

Fortunately EMPs can resolve the issue but that's if I can find them. Guards are easy to deal with, but drones are much more annoying. I often find myself just running past the Camera drones and saying "nevermind the alarm warning I need to get out of here".

After Sankaku, the next I hate is Plastech. Daemons are incredibly frustrating at the best of times, and Plastech without access to Hunter is a pain in the Incognita.

I actually like K&O though. Not bad at all.

FTM is tricky, but not too difficult. Their scanning devices are useless if I've already knocked out all the guards permanently. 

FTM- SInce they have routers and whatnot that give away your position and keep fortifying their firewalls, unless you're lucky and its a room or two away from start, you can get really boned on power usage. Also, FTM levels have more guards, and its always in FTM levels where i end up having more guards than I can handle barreling down on me at once. 

FTM- SInce they have routers and whatnot that give away your position and keep fortifying their firewalls, unless you're lucky and its a room or two away from start, you can get really boned on power usage. Also, FTM levels have more guards, and its always in FTM levels where i end up having more guards than I can handle barreling down on me at once. 

Sankaku and Plastech are easy with enough programs, power generators and stealth. The one that can screw me over is K&O, because that elite spec ops can really make your life miserable. And don't forget elite heavy security. Beyond day 10 they are TOUGH and getting good AP means that you'd need to spend precious augment slots for penetration scanners or inventory slots for defibrilance. I think it twice before going to K&O.

FTM is meh.

i agree with Loscil2 - you can hack all of Sankaku and Plastech but 360o vision of KnO or 7 armor makes me thread carefuly through these missions. Even though i can hack their turrets it doesnt mean it can harm their tanky guards :(. Only well placed traps can save me or my heavy gunner with 7ArPen and couple of bullets [2+batteries].

FTM is kind of weird - all that power to find my agents in the first round goes nowhere if they cant utilize this knowledge. They know im in the building but then their guards are weak and can be easily fooled. What if they could actually TAG my agents every alarm level until i destroy scanners? Because now its more like 'oh, so one of the guards left its post to come and check my position - set your phasers in tickling mode'. I don't have to check behind every doors and corners, he is coming my way to the darkest room of the facility and i don't see why i should stop him :)

Archived