More and More and ..... More!

First of all, I would like to mention that I almost never post anything on forums of any game I have ever played.  The only two exceptions of why i post anything on forums pages is either the game is either garbage or it is so great and fascinating. I have been playing Don't Starve Together almost non-stop and i absolutely love the game.  

The reason i am posting on this forum is because I would like there to be more than just surviving.  Now I know the game is called Don't Starve Together, but it has so much more potential than that.  I have told many people about this game and i have gotten so many people to play it and I have not heard one person say they don't like the style of the game.  It is perfect, it is everything I would have wished for in a survival game.

However, I have one problem.  It seems that every time I play Don't Starve Together I am always joining new worlds or creating new worlds.  The hosted/dedicated server system is great! but it seems that the problem is after a certain point in the game there is nothing else to do.  I mean what is the point of surviving? Is it just to survive? There is a point in the game where surviving is no longer the challenge and that is great, it gives players an opportunity to build more and conquer more but what is after that? This is why I would like a new idea of creating something like the console version had with the portals.  

After you kill the dragonfly, or the beardger, deerclops, Goose Moose, etc..... what is there after that? Now most of you are thinking well that's why they have Caves beta!  I see your point, but as i mentioned earlier, there is still no concept of trying to survive.  Sure, you kill the ancient guardian and build a huge huge base, but there is just no competition after that!  This is why I would like to mention my idea of going to a different land (console version).  After you have completed a series of tests, such as killing all the bosses in the world including when caves beta comes out and killing the ancient guardian there should be an option to "move on".  This would give all the players a look at how your world is doing and it would be an ultimate challenge survival system.  My idea is each time you kill a boss it drops a piece (------) whatever the name is (0/5) pieces collected.  When you have collected all the pieces it allows you to move on into a completely different environment..  This is where new animals are involved, and new biomes such as the arctic biome where ice would grow all the time.  Or the jungle, where huge and huge trees would come down with different bosses.  But, this is just an idea...

I hope i have stated my point. This game is fantastic but it allows you to pass the survival system and move on into building (There is nothing more to do at this point).  I would enjoy a world where there is constant challenge and would eventually take over 500 days to actually beat it (such as getting to the last biome/area).  Where every land/biome has different bosses that you must obtain before you can move on to the next land.  

The only reason I have stated this and it may seem a bit overboard, but i am not just a casual game player.  This game is perfect for casual players who enjoy playing 1/2 hours a day but I would definitely like more of a challenge!  

kind regards,

Herbalist

(Sorry for the spelling errors!) didn't revise it.

Oh, and one more thing, I am not a big fan of mods or changing the game to your advantage!  

What is the point of that? There is no challenge in having cheats, come on people!  I understand if it's just one or two that allows you to see your health but still! If you want something like that then recommend it to Klei Entertainment!

As well I have a suggestion, i'm not sure where this should be posted....

When people host a game and you're browsing the screen and looking at the details of the game, a simple word saying edited current environment, (such as more berry bushes, or extra hounds) would be nice!  I am just looking for a normal game and it is kind of annoying how every time I am looking to join someone's game and I have to scroll through to see if they changed anything.

Thanks!

This so hard. But not Jungle that's in shipwrecked and anything in TTA off bounds but by Jesus this would be amazing! It could just be one huge Klei Hosted Elite Server with like 64 slots and a way to travel back easily, but with the transporter having durability maybe? I love this idea so much though. Maybe whoever deals the most damage to the boss gets it in their inventory? nome amirite?

This is the MOST best suggestion I've ever seen and since the Divining Rod is still buildable in DST there is a possibility that an Adventure mode like Cooperative gameplay can be integrated, since Klei has been able to Link two separate worlds from different servers with each other I don't think it will be impossible anymore, Great idea and suggestion again :)

WOW! Thank you guys so much for liking the idea! I have a couple other ideas while i was thinking in the shower as well ha ha  :lemo:

So, discussing the boss loot on the five bosses, assuming the ancient guardian would be last, the last of the (5/5) pieces these pieces would be nonflammable so impossible to lose.  When you collect all 5 pieces from all of the bosses, you would then have to find the crafting recipe from the ancient guardian in order to be able to craft the portal leading to the next biome.  (If the portal is hammered all pieces will come back so they are impossible to lose, as you should be able to put the portal in place of your choice).

In the next biome, I think it would be awesome for there to be a couple new lands, such as the mountains. Where you have some sort of cave boss such as a Lion.  A biome such as a rain forest where you cannot even see your character because the trees are in the way unless you cut them down, (fire does not work because of the rain as it is 90% raining in the rain forest. The boss for this biome could be a gorilla, and once again these bosses all drop more pieces in order to get to the next portal.  Maybe sacrifices can be made in order to unlock the boss, such as sacrificing 1000 health to unlock him from a certain tree, of course this would require lots of teamwork and communication to take him down which would be awesome!!!  Possibly an arctic biome, where it is always freezing cold and the boss being a polar bear of some sort.  These just are ideas, I know this would take forever to create, but i really hope someday there is more than just joining new worlds because you basically already beat the last one.  

(THESE BOSSES ARE ALL IN LAND/WORLD 2)  When moving to land 2, possible biomes would be shallow ocean which walking speed would be decreased and possible killer fish in the water.  (Mountains, Rain forest, Arctic, Ocean, and last biome would be grassland, which would be very hard to see stuff because grass is inches tall on the screen, (unpick-able) The only resources moved onto world two would be the necessary ones such as flint, sticks, rock and grass, The food items would all be different, such as in the rain forest, you have oranges, and bananas, grapefruit, etc.....  The ocean biome would have sea lion as a possible boss and the Grasslands boss could be a wolf of some sort.

Possible loot from some of the bosses maybe a healing sack, which gains you an extra 50 health to your stats, or sanity sack which gains an extra 50 sanity.  

I really wish more people would suggest ideas like this, I love criticism guys, it helps a lot!

WOW! Thank you guys so much for liking the idea! I have a couple other ideas while i was thinking in the shower as well ha ha  :lemo:

So, discussing the boss loot on the five bosses, assuming the ancient guardian would be last, the last of the (5/5) pieces these pieces would be nonflammable so impossible to lose.  When you collect all 5 pieces from all of the bosses, you would then have to find the crafting recipe from the ancient guardian in order to be able to craft the portal leading to the next biome.  (If the portal is hammered all pieces will come back so they are impossible to lose, as you should be able to put the portal in place of your choice).

In the next biome, I think it would be awesome for there to be a couple new lands, such as the mountains. Where you have some sort of cave boss such as a Lion.  A biome such as a rain forest where you cannot even see your character because the trees are in the way unless you cut them down, (fire does not work because of the rain as it is 90% raining in the rain forest. The boss for this biome could be a gorilla, and once again these bosses all drop more pieces in order to get to the next portal.  Maybe sacrifices can be made in order to unlock the boss, such as sacrificing 1000 health to unlock him from a certain tree, of course this would require lots of teamwork and communication to take him down which would be awesome!!!  Possibly an arctic biome, where it is always freezing cold and the boss being a polar bear of some sort.  These just are ideas, I know this would take forever to create, but i really hope someday there is more than just joining new worlds because you basically already beat the last one.  

(THESE BOSSES ARE ALL IN LAND/WORLD 2)  When moving to land 2, possible biomes would be shallow ocean which walking speed would be decreased and possible killer fish in the water.  (Mountains, Rain forest, Arctic, Ocean, and last biome would be grassland, which would be very hard to see stuff because grass is inches tall on the screen, (unpick-able) The only resources moved onto world two would be the necessary ones such as flint, sticks, rock and grass, The food items would all be different, such as in the rain forest, you have oranges, and bananas, grapefruit, etc.....  The ocean biome would have sea lion as a possible boss and the Grasslands boss could be a wolf of some sort.

Possible loot from some of the bosses maybe a healing sack, which gains you an extra 50 health to your stats, or sanity sack which gains an extra 50 sanity.  

I really wish more people would suggest ideas like this, I love criticism guys, it helps a lot!

Most of the stuff is already in DS Ship Wrecked as of right now, It will take time porting it to DST but who knows maybe Klei is taking time doing both the things at the same time, Everything you stated is in it besides mountains and rain forests, there is underwater and ocean on which you must survive by catching fish, avoiding fish etc.

Most of the stuff is already in DS Ship Wrecked as of right now, It will take time porting it to DST but who knows maybe Klei is taking time doing both the things at the same time, Everything you stated is in it besides mountains and rain forests, there is underwater and ocean on which you must survive by catching fish, avoiding fish etc.

Underwater is a mod... You seem to be confused. Plus grass and twigs and stuff are getting rebranded for SW style and it doesn't have the features he said

Underwater is a mod... You seem to be confused. Plus grass and twigs and stuff are getting rebranded for SW style and it doesn't have the features he said

Biomes

• Beach
  • Jungle
  • Marsh (with a more greenish turf)
  • Ocean (shallow)
  • Ocean (deep)

Its pretty much near to what he is suggesting, and as in underwater I don't know its a mod or official, its connected to being on water.

Oh, and one more thing, I am not a big fan of mods or changing the game to your advantage!  

What is the point of that? There is no challenge in having cheats, come on people!  I understand if it's just one or two that allows you to see your health but still! If you want something like that then recommend it to Klei Entertainment!

Whether or not you personally like mods, they are most definitely a positive to Don't Starve in the long run. They add content that allows newbies or those who're easily bored to continue playing past the point when they'd otherwise quit. More people playing equals more interest and profit for Klei which enables the devs to add more awesome vanilla content to the game!

By the way, I love your idea for making boss kills a requirement to move on in a world. Only when you truly conquer a world can you depart from it. Only problem I foresee is that you'd have to wait a while to get all of the boss drops. Maybe if there was a way to craft summons for the bosses?

Whether or not you personally like mods, they are most definitely a positive to Don't Starve in the long run. They add content that allows newbies or those who're easily bored to continue playing past the point when they'd otherwise quit. More people playing equals more interest and profit for Klei which enables the devs to add more awesome vanilla content to the game!

By the way, I love your idea for making boss kills a requirement to move on in a world. Only when you truly conquer a world can you depart from it. Only problem I foresee is that you'd have to wait a while to get all of the boss drops. Maybe if there was a way to craft summons for the bosses?

Yes, My idea is the bosses are always in the world no matter what season so you would not have to wait at all.

Oh I had no idea because I do not play Don't Starve, I just play the multiplayer version.  I had no idea about Shipwrecked or anything, I had heard about it but I did not see it in this game because it isn't here! I just realized it's on the other Don't Starve forums!

Now that I think about it, this would be a great place for a mixed DLC with biomes used as seasons and SW mechanics for Autumn (dat wind)

Seasons do not affect these biomes, only the sea that you must sail. Autumn biome has supplies to craft Winter biome items to survive, and so forth. Backtracking is necessary. Winter ISLAND, Autumn ISLAND, etc. These Islands have other new biomes too! but are always that season, their season biomes are harsher versions of those seasons, like the Winter one being 1.5x stronger than the middle of DS Winter.

Snowman for Tundra (Winter biome)  - Constant Snow

? for ? (Autumn Biome) - Constant Wind

? for ? (Summer Biome) - Blistering heat, can burn supplies out of your hand and inventory.

? for Flower/Mushroom forest (Probably Flower, Spring Biome) - Constant rain

In the other biomes on these islands its just the normal season with weird stronger mobs!

Another thing, maybe the item used to get there is linked to the server you came from, and is added to HUD when in this elite world, and tagged with the name of that server. Again, Klei hosted. Only one elite world with nature growing back. All PvP. Possible bug with too many servers linked, and Ancient Guardian needs to respawn. Maybe scrollable HUD wheel for the item. The... Horny Wet Furry Feather.... that sounds... wow.

On the actual servers it is just an item I guess with maybe, 5 uses, and when it breaks, this server is unlinked from hud on the elite world for you.

IMAGINE THE POSSIBILITIES

Off-topic: SW at Day of the devs in around 2 days. This world would most likely have to be another DLC

Separate from SW and TtA and RoG.

When SW is added to DST they should make the marsh biome types become one with both types of mobs in one big hybrid ROGTTASW world. like Rockyland has two turfs, the SW one can become a second marsh turf.

Ocean all sailable, land a bit more split up with small islands dotted around and beaches. Beaches have the SW sea transition, others have cliffs. Can only take off from beaches.

The old waves could be used for super deep or stormy sea, which destroys your boat if the storm goes to you, and can not deliberately be moved into. It would have to have a more slight transition though. Life Vest or die! Hurricane Season would be Autumn, and Treasure Hunting would be nerfed a little but fun with friends.

Ha ha dang man, you have some crazily good ideas!  Some of it i do not understand but i get the concept, I really like the idea of having one ultimate server where people can all join to get the resources and then go back to their world, but it may be hard for the developers.

You mentioned all the seasons would be much harder, but i would like to ask a few questions.  You're saying in world 2 there would not be these seasons? So in world 2 (I'm trying to summarize your idea up) there would be fall, winter, spring summer but as biomes, so right on the edge of summer heat biome, would be autumn, but then I don't see the point, because of summer, because no one likes summer haha..  but 1.5x harder, I love it.  But as well in world 2 there would be jungle, mountains, ocean, where you can set sail to get across but the seasons would not affect these biomes?  I do love the idea of islands in the ocean, and setting sail on a ship where you can control it if you have a certain amount of people.

I definitely love team concepts a lot, I definitely like the idea of one huge PvP world where you and your friends can hunt down other people and try and get the main resource and then go back to your world, that sounds amazing!

I'm going to create a list of all the mobs for the possible new biomes and continue to think about this topic, i'm glad you're having fun with it also!

When U&A DST comes out I'll look into it and see if I can make this mod a reality, but it would require work far beyond my "talent" (hah good joke right) to finish.

Haha, dam mate, that would be amazing.  just waiting to see if anyone else has any other ideas :)

Some mods make the game easiers, but some add content. More content : more things to do, more fun, and sometime, more difficulty (because if you spend to much time to do special things, you don't do the basics and necessary things.

Or they reward new way to play or give an usage to useless items.

Mods are an excellent way to give new interest to the game.

Oh yeah I can definitely see what you mean I am much more of a fan of the ones that create a more challenging game play. And this is just one big idea in general, added into don't starve together , not really talking about shipwrecked as I had no idea of shipwrecked when I first posted this topic. I'm just thinking of more ways to make the game more challenging. It just seems to me that there isn't really anything to do because you have so many hours of gameplay, you've already done everything . Start new worlds and beat it over and over again. Pvp is interesting but it just doesn't work on my opinion, no way to really kill your opponent ... In my opinion if you swing in PVP you should have 100% hit rate

Oh and I don't think any item is ever useless !! @ lumina , using iPhone so not sure how to quote but I do agree with you on the variation of things mods can do, and definitely more interesting ways to play but if Klei just put that into the game without using mods is what I was saying and I just don't see a lot of people use challenging mods either like instead of super map and season changes how about no season warning and no map lol ;)

Oh and I don't think any item is ever useless !! @ lumina , using iPhone so not sure how to quote but I do agree with you on the variation of things mods can do, and definitely more interesting ways to play but if Klei just put that into the game without using mods is what I was saying and I just don't see a lot of people use challenging mods either like instead of super map and season changes how about no season warning and no map lol ;)

I agree that mod making the game easier are often more popular. I think that for some players, don't starve together is difficult (when some other find it perfectly fine, and some others find it too easy.)

And for the useless items, the steel wool for example, have no use for the moment.

Archived