Beefalo Wanderlust

I set up my permanent camp beside some beefalo on the range, hoping for a long term source of poo and dirty hippy hair. But they seem to progressively be fanning out more and more from the grasslands into the surrounding forests. I fear eventually they will have vanished into the adjoining terrain. Is there any way to herd the beefalo back into the center of the grasslands or the like, or should I cull the ones annoyingly far off?

I face the same problem, and other than Toaster Fu's suggestion, no other methods have worked for me. Hopefully something to lure the beefalo with be invented. If beefalo ever start to eat grass from the world, you could potentially create a chain of them to lead them back.

I'm thinking something like every x amount of seconds they would be attracted to eachother and just walk in the general direction of the pack for an x amount of seconds to prevent such happenings.

So after 30 seconds, they spend 1 second walking towards a random beefalo in a small radius around them. Or maybe just set a waypoint in the middle of the pack that they walk towards instead, and a beefalo would head in the direction of the nearest waypoint every 30 or 60 seconds.

Edit: That is more of a developer suggestion though :\

There's some AI changes planned for beefalo (Beefalo breeding is on the way so I imagine their herd behavior will be improved, and I'm pretty sure that the devs have also discussed introducing a migration pattern for beefalo), so hopefully they won't wander around aimlessly for much longer.

Mine are just about wandering through into the swamp at the north end of my base, but thankfully I've already slaughtered all the tentacles there and made it safe. A lot of them hang out in the woods and actually in my base sometimes as well.

I do agree that there ought to be something to tether them to their natural habitat, though.