Webber and Karma

I just played the game as Webber a bit more often and I wonder:

Why is Webber getting negative karma points when you kill pigs and other hostile towards you mobs ?

I really think he should get negative karma for killing spiders. About hostile mobs, you need to defend yourself so I think he shouldn't get that pentaly from "good mobs". It's weird because you don't get any negative karma if you slay spiders as other characters.

What you guys think? 

I just played the game as Webber a bit more often and I wonder:

Why is Webber getting negative karma points when you kill pigs and other hostile towards you mobs ?

I really think he should get negative karma for killing spiders. About hostile mobs, you need to defend yourself so I think he shouldn't get that pentaly from "good mobs". It's weird because you don't get any negative karma if you slay spiders as other characters.

What you guys think? 

Technically, Pigs are still innocent creatures. They don't know you're a person, they just see a monster and go after you.

As for spiders, they don't know you're a person, they just see a monster and go with you.

Technically, Pigs are still innocent creatures. They don't know you're a person, they just see a monster and go after you.

As for spiders, they don't know you're a person, they just see a monster and go with you.

Well I understand your point. Like when you fight Tallbird you still get negative karma but it's hostile when you approach too close. But still it seems a bit off to me after all Webber say "Spiders understand us"

Well I understand your point. Like when you fight Tallbird you still get negative karma but it's hostile when you approach too close. But still it seems a bit off to me after all Webber say "Spiders understand us"

1. Do not fight tallbirds.

2. Tallbirds are innocent creatures. They're just very defensive and like being alone.

3. While spiders do understand you, they'd still eat your remains gladly or will happily destroy you if they found out you weren't actually a spider person.

1. Do not fight tallbirds.

2. Tallbirds are innocent creatures. They're just very defensive and like being alone.

3. While spiders do understand you, they'd still eat your remains gladly or will happily destroy you if they found out you weren't actually a spider person.

I hope you see my point by now. Spiders are innocent towards you (like you said about other creatures)  and they mean you no harm, unless you start to "play" with them. Pigs act the same way with different characters.

I hope you see my point by now. Spiders are innocent towards you (like you said about other creatures)  and they mean you no harm, unless you start to "play" with them. Pigs act the same way with different characters.

Not to Mention Weirdo doesn't like anybody killing tallbirds.

And Webber's gone kind of insane from being trapped inside a spider who ate him.

Not to Mention Weirdo doesn't like anybody killing tallbirds.

Oh. Is that so?

I'll remember that. >8)

But yeah spiders might be nice to you but they're not innocent.

They don't really care. They don't have any semblance of care for anything but their own kind.

You're a threat? You die. Not a threat? Don't die...for now.

It's a tough line to cross on a threshold because they're counted strictly as monsters and thus seen as negative influences on the world. :'D

Do not fight tallbirds.

You can't tell me what to do! I bet you steal their eggs and rise thier young like your own. At least I am murderer who wants his belly full.

But yeah spiders might be nice to you but they're not innocent. They don't really care. They don't have any semblance of care for anything but their own kind. You're a threat? You die. Not a threat? Don't die...for now. It's a tough line to cross on a threshold because they're counted strictly as monsters and thus seen as negative influences on the world. :'D

Pigs act the same way for other chracters and because Webber can't befriend pigs, catcoons and bunny people they gave him possibility to befriend spiders. Why it should work the same way for Webber like the other characters? I think karma don't work like that. 

Pigs act the same way for other chracters and because Webber can't befriend pigs, catcoons and bunny people they gave him possibility to befriend spiders. Why it should work the same way for Webber like the other characters? I think karma don't work like that. 

Like I had said, it's a weird threshold. It's difficult to really explain a bunch of things on the topic.

The concept might likely gets based on "bugs" not having any sense of conscience. But then you have the bees and butterflies yet those are never counted as bad seeing as they bring life to plants. Glommer....Glommer is an anomaly. We don't even try to figure that thing out.

So really it comes down to an awkward standing of no one but Webber seeing them as innocent. Only Webber though. Because he's part of that "family". Nothing is to say Krampus sees it the same way.

But then again, it could also just be not wanting to code two separate instances of the naughtiness meter for one mob for one character that's linked with everyone else. Which most likely is why they never did it in the first place. :)

But then again, it could also just be not wanting to code two separate instances of the naughtiness meter for one mob for one character that's linked with everyone else. Which most likely is why they never did it in the first place.

I think this explanation is enough for me. They have a lot of things to do now and this is extra work after all.

But then again, it could also just be not wanting to code two separate instances of the naughtiness meter for one mob for one character that's linked with everyone else. Which most likely is why they never did it in the first place.

It's really easy. It takes ten minutes.

local victims = {    pigman = 3, babybeefalo = 6, teenbird = 2, smallbird = 6, beefalo = 4, crow = 1, robin = 2, robin_winter = 2,    butterfly = 1, rabbit = 1, mole = 1, tallbird = 2, bunnyman = 3, penguin = 2, catcoon = 5, glommer = 50,}local victims_fns = {    pigman = function(victim) return not victim.components.werebeast or not victim.components.werebeast:IsInWereState() end,} local victims_webber = {    babybeefalo = 6, teenbird = 2, smallbird = 6, beefalo = 4, crow = 1, robin = 2, robin_winter = 2,    butterfly = 1, rabbit = 1, mole = 1, tallbird = 2, penguin = 2, catcoon = 5, glommer = 50,    spider = 4, spider_warrior = 2, spider_hider = 2, spider_spitter = 2, spider_dropper = 4,} local function onkilledother(victim, killer)    -- KAJ: what happens if mobs kill someone?    if killer and killer:IsValid() and killer:HasTag("player") then        if victim and victim.prefab then            local player = killer            -- get the playerdata for this player            local playerdata = _activeplayers[player]            assert(playerdata)                if killer.prefab == "webber" then                if victims_webber[victim.prefab] == nil then return end                OnNaughtyAction(victims_webber[victim.prefab], playerdata)            else                if victims[victim.prefab] == nil then return end                if victims_fns[victim.prefab] and not victims_fns[victim.prefab](victim) then return end                OnNaughtyAction(victims[victim.prefab], playerdata)            end        end    endend

It's just not needed.

I think the key distinction here is that it's not karma, it's naughtiness. Karma implies some sort of universal force by which justice is equilibriated over continued events, while naughtiness implies a particular (and potentially flawed) supervisor that decides whether you've been naughty or not. In this case, Krampus or some ally of his. So Webber gets naughtiness for killing pigs because Krampus has decided that it's a naughty thing to do.

Archived